International migration desires related to subjective well-being
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Ali Mansoor & Bryce Quillin, 2007. "Migration and Remittances : Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 6920, January.
- David Bartram, 2011. "Economic Migration and Happiness: Comparing Immigrants’ and Natives’ Happiness Gains From Income," Social Indicators Research: An International and Interdisciplinary Journal for Quality-of-Life Measurement, Springer, vol. 103(1), pages 57-76, August.
- Otrachshenko, Vladimir & Popova, Olga, 2014.
"Life (dis)satisfaction and the intention to migrate: Evidence from Central and Eastern Europe,"
Journal of Behavioral and Experimental Economics (formerly The Journal of Socio-Economics),
Elsevier, vol. 48(C), pages 40-49.
- Vladimir Otrachshenko & Olga Popova, 2011. "Life (Dis)satisfaction and the Decision to Migrate: Evidence from Central and Eastern Europe," Working Papers 306, Leibniz Institut für Ost- und Südosteuropaforschung (Institute for East and Southeast European Studies).
- Vladimir Otrachshenko & Olga Popova, 2012. "Life (Dis)satisfaction and the Decision to Migrate: Evidence from Central and Eastern Europe," CERGE-EI Working Papers wp460, The Center for Economic Research and Graduate Education - Economics Institute, Prague.
- Vladimir Otrachshenko & Olga Popova, 2012. "Life (Dis)satisfaction and the Decision to Migrate: Evidence from Central and Eastern Europe," FEUNL Working Paper Series wp570, Universidade Nova de Lisboa, Faculdade de Economia.
- Delhey, Jan & Kroll, Christian, 2012. "A "happiness test" for the new measures of national well-being: How much better than GDP are they?," Discussion Papers, Research Unit: Inequality and Social Integration SP I 2012-201, WZB Berlin Social Science Center.
- Pedersen, Peder J. & Pytlikova, Mariola & Smith, Nina, 2008. "Selection and network effects--Migration flows into OECD countries 1990-2000," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 52(7), pages 1160-1186, October.
- Linnea Polgreen & Nicole Simpson, 2011. "Happiness and International Migration," Journal of Happiness Studies, Springer, vol. 12(5), pages 819-840, October.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Dustmann, Christian & Okatenko, Anna, 2014.
"Out-migration, wealth constraints, and the quality of local amenities,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 110(C), pages 52-63.
- Christian Dustmann & Anna Okatenko, 2013. "Out-migration, Wealth Constraints, and the Quality of Local Amenities," CReAM Discussion Paper Series 1313, Centre for Research and Analysis of Migration (CReAM), Department of Economics, University College London.
- Christian Dustmann & Anna Okatenko, 2013. "Out-migration, Wealth Constraints, and the Quality of Local Amenities," Norface Discussion Paper Series 2013017, Norface Research Programme on Migration, Department of Economics, University College London.
- Ruyssen, Ilse & Salomone, Sara, 2018. "Female migration: A way out of discrimination?," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 130(C), pages 224-241.
- Artjoms Ivlevs & Milena Nikolova & Carol Graham, 2019.
"Emigration, remittances, and the subjective well-being of those staying behind,"
Journal of Population Economics,
Springer;European Society for Population Economics, vol. 32(1), pages 113-151, January.
- Artjoms Ivlevs & Milena Nikolova & Carol Graham, 2018. "Emigration, remittances and the subjective well-being of those staying behind," Working Papers 2018-024, Human Capital and Economic Opportunity Working Group.
- Ivlevs, Artjoms & Nikolova, Milena & Graham, Carol Lee, 2018. "Emigration, Remittances and the Subjective Well-Being of Those Staying Behind," IZA Discussion Papers 11437, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Nikolova, Milena & Graham, Carol, 2015.
"In transit: The well-being of migrants from transition and post-transition countries,"
Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization,
Elsevier, vol. 112(C), pages 164-186.
- Nikolova, Milena & Graham, Carol Lee, 2014. "In Transit: The Well-Being of Migrants from Transition and Post-Transition Countries," IZA Discussion Papers 8520, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Cai, Ruohong & Feng, Shuaizhang & Oppenheimer, Michael & Pytlikova, Mariola, 2016.
"Climate variability and international migration: The importance of the agricultural linkage,"
Journal of Environmental Economics and Management,
Elsevier, vol. 79(C), pages 135-151.
- Ruohong Cai & Shuaizhang Feng & Mariola Pytliková & Michael Oppenheimer, 2014. "Climate Variability and International Migration: The Importance of the Agricultural Linkage," CReAM Discussion Paper Series 1418, Centre for Research and Analysis of Migration (CReAM), Department of Economics, University College London.
- Cai, Ruohong & Feng, Shuaizhang & Pytlikova, Mariola & Oppenheimer, Michael, 2014. "Climate Variability and International Migration: The Importance of the Agricultural Linkage," IZA Discussion Papers 8183, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Artjoms Ivlevs, 2014. "Happy moves? Assessing the impact of subjective well-being on the emigration decision," Working Papers 20141402, Department of Accounting, Economics and Finance, Bristol Business School, University of the West of England, Bristol.
- Arthur Grimes & Dennis Wesselbaum, 2018. "Moving towards happiness," Working Papers 18_07, Motu Economic and Public Policy Research.
- Artjoms Ivlevs, 2015. "Happy Moves? Assessing the Link between Life Satisfaction and Emigration Intentions," Kyklos, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 68(3), pages 335-356, August.
- repec:zbw:medamr:182240 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:zbw:medamr:182239 is not listed on IDEAS
- Luciana Méndez, 2017. "So dissatisfied to leave? The role of perceptions, expectations and beliefs on youths' intention to migrate," Documentos de Trabajo (working papers) 17-12, Instituto de Economia - IECON.
- Artjoms Ivlevs, 2014. "Happiness and the emigration decision," IZA World of Labor, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA), pages 1-96, October.
More about this item
KeywordsSubjective well-being; International migration desires; Income; Logistic regression;
- F22 - International Economics - - International Factor Movements and International Business - - - International Migration
- O15 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Economic Development: Human Resources; Human Development; Income Distribution; Migration
- I31 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Welfare, Well-Being, and Poverty - - - General Welfare, Well-Being
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:spr:izamig:v:3:y:2014:i:1:p:1-20:10.1186/2193-9039-3-8. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Springer Nature Abstracting and Indexing). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.