A hybrid production structure in trade: theory and implications
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Jorge Saba Arbache & Andy Dickerson & Francis Green, 2004. "Trade Liberalisation and Wages in Developing Countries," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 114(493), pages 73-96, February.
- Robert C. Feenstra & Gordon H. Hanson & Deborah L. Swenson, 2000.
"Offshore Assembly from the United States: Production Characteristics of the 9802 Program,"
NBER Chapters,in: The Impact of International Trade on Wages, pages 85-125
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Robert C. Feenstra & Gordon H. Hanson & Deborah L. Swenson, "undated". "Offshore Assembly From The United States: Production Characteristics Of The 9802 Program," Department of Economics 98-10, California Davis - Department of Economics.
- Deborah Swenson & Robert Feenstra & Gordon H. Hanson, 2003. "Offshore Assembly From The United States: Production Characteristics Of The 9802 Program," Working Papers 9810, University of California, Davis, Department of Economics.
- Anwar, Sajid, 2009. "Wage inequality, welfare and downsizing," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 103(2), pages 75-77, May.
- Hamada, Koichi, 1974. "An economic analysis of the duty-free zone," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 4(3), pages 225-241, August.
- Markusen, James R., 1983. "Factor movements and commodity trade as complements," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 14(3-4), pages 341-356, May.
- Gouranga Gopal Das, 2002. "Trade, Technology and Human Capital: Stylised Facts and Quantitative Evidence," The World Economy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 25(2), pages 257-281, February.
- Jones, Ronald W. & Peter Neary, J., 1984. "The positive theory of international trade," Handbook of International Economics,in: R. W. Jones & P. B. Kenen (ed.), Handbook of International Economics, edition 1, volume 1, chapter 1, pages 1-62 Elsevier.
- Reza Oladi & Hamid Beladi, 2008. "Non-traded Goods, Technical Progress and Wages," Open Economies Review, Springer, vol. 19(4), pages 507-515, September.
- Sugata Marjit & Hamid Beladi & Avik Chakrabarti, 2004. "Trade and Wage Inequality in Developing Countries," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 42(2), pages 295-303, April.
- Hamid Beladi & Sugata Marjit & Reza Oladi, 2006. "Uniform Technical Progress: Can It Be Harmful?," Pacific Economic Review, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 11(1), pages 33-38, February.
- Ronald W. Jones, 2000. "Globalization and the Theory of Input Trade," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 026210086x, January.
- Sanyal, Kalyan K & Jones, Ronald W, 1982. "The Theory of Trade in Middle Products," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 72(1), pages 16-31, March.
- Ronald W. Jones, 1965. "The Structure of Simple General Equilibrium Models," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 73, pages 557-557.
- Winchester, Niven & Greenaway, David, 2007. "Rising wage inequality and capital-skill complementarity," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 29(1), pages 41-54.
- Hummels, David & Ishii, Jun & Yi, Kei-Mu, 2001.
"The nature and growth of vertical specialization in world trade,"
Journal of International Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 54(1), pages 75-96, June.
- David L. Hummels & Jun Ishii & Kei-Mu Yi, 1999. "The nature and growth of vertical specialization in world trade," Staff Reports 72, Federal Reserve Bank of New York.
- Marjit, Sugata, 1990. "A simple production model in trade and its applications," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 32(3), pages 257-260, March.
- Robert Feenstra & Gordon Hanson, 2001. "Global Production Sharing and Rising Inequality: A Survey of Trade and Wages," NBER Working Papers 8372, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Marjit, Sugata & Kar, Saibal, 2005. "Emigration and wage inequality," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 88(1), pages 141-145, July.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Das, Gouranga, 2012. "Trans-border Land Acquisitions:A New Guise of Outsourcing and Host Country Effects," MPRA Paper 40651, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Das, Gouranga, 2012. "Fragmentation in Production, Vertical Integration and Wage Inequality: A Theoretical Note," MPRA Paper 47455, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Das, Gouranga, 2012. "Trans-border Land Acquisitions: A New Guise of Outsourcing and Host Country Effects," WIDER Working Paper Series 043, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
More about this item
KeywordsSpecific factor; Heckscher–Ohlin; Hybrid structure; Magnification effect; Wage gap; F10; F11;
- F10 - International Economics - - Trade - - - General
- F11 - International Economics - - Trade - - - Neoclassical Models of Trade
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:spr:inrvec:v:56:y:2009:i:4:p:359-375. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .