Time-consistent mean-variance portfolio selection in discrete and continuous time
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Harry Markowitz, 1952. "Portfolio Selection," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 7(1), pages 77-91, March.
- Briand, Philippe & Delyon, Bernard & Mémin, Jean, 2002. "On the robustness of backward stochastic differential equations," Stochastic Processes and their Applications, Elsevier, vol. 97(2), pages 229-253, February.
- Fabio Maccheroni & Massimo Marinacci & Aldo Rustichini & Marco Taboga, 2009.
"Portfolio Selection With Monotone Mean-Variance Preferences,"
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 19(3), pages 487-521.
- Fabio Maccheroni & Massimo Marinacci & Aldo Rustichini & Marco Taboga, 2004. "Portfolio Selection with Monotone Mean-Variance Preferences," Carlo Alberto Notebooks 6, Collegio Carlo Alberto, revised 2007.
- Fabio Maccheroni & Massimo Marinacci & Aldo Rustichini & Marco Taboga, 2008. "Portfolio Selection with Monotone Mean-Variance Preferences," Temi di discussione (Economic working papers) 664, Bank of Italy, Economic Research and International Relations Area.
- Massimo Marinacci & Fabio Maccheroni & Aldo Rustichini & Marco Taboga, 2005. "Portfolio Selection with Monotone Mean-Variance Preferences," Finance 0502014, EconWPA.
- Fabio Maccheroni & Massimo Marinacci & Aldo Rustichini & Marco Taboga, 2004. "Portfolio Selection with Monotone Mean-Variance Preferences," ICER Working Papers - Applied Mathematics Series 27-2004, ICER - International Centre for Economic Research, revised Dec 2004.
- Duan Li & Wan-Lung Ng, 2000. "Optimal Dynamic Portfolio Selection: Multiperiod Mean-Variance Formulation," Mathematical Finance, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 10(3), pages 387-406.
- Constantinos Kardaras & Eckhard Platen, 2008.
"Multiplicative Approximation of Wealth Processes Involving No-Short-Sale Strategies,"
Research Paper Series
240, Quantitative Finance Research Centre, University of Technology, Sydney.
- Constantinos Kardaras & Eckhard Platen, 2008. "Multiplicative approximation of wealth processes involving no-short-sale strategies via simple trading," Papers 0812.0033, arXiv.org, revised Mar 2010.
- Campbell, John Y. & Viceira, Luis M., 2002. "Strategic Asset Allocation: Portfolio Choice for Long-Term Investors," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780198296942.
- Martin Schweizer & Christophe Stricker & Freddy Delbaen & Pascale Monat & Walter Schachermayer, 1997. "Weighted norm inequalities and hedging in incomplete markets," Finance and Stochastics, Springer, vol. 1(3), pages 181-227.
- Suleyman Basak & Georgy Chabakauri, 2010. "Dynamic Mean-Variance Asset Allocation," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 23(8), pages 2970-3016, August.
- Henry R. Richardson, 1989. "A Minimum Variance Result in Continuous Trading Portfolio Optimization," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 35(9), pages 1045-1055, September.
- Choulli, Tahir & Vandaele, Nele & Vanmaele, Michèle, 2010. "The Föllmer-Schweizer decomposition: Comparison and description," Stochastic Processes and their Applications, Elsevier, vol. 120(6), pages 853-872, June.
- Marcel Nutz, 2009. "The Bellman equation for power utility maximization with semimartingales," Papers 0912.1883, arXiv.org, revised Mar 2012.
- Jan Kallsen, 2002. "Derivative pricing based on local utility maximization," Finance and Stochastics, Springer, vol. 6(1), pages 115-140.
- Martin Schweizer & HuyËn Pham & (*), Thorsten RheinlÄnder, 1998. "Mean-variance hedging for continuous processes: New proofs and examples," Finance and Stochastics, Springer, vol. 2(2), pages 173-198.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Li, Bin & Li, Danping & Xiong, Dewen, 2016. "Alpha-robust mean-variance reinsurance-investment strategy," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 70(C), pages 101-123.
- Li, Yongwu & Qiao, Han & Wang, Shouyang & Zhang, Ling, 2015. "Time-consistent investment strategy under partial information," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 65(C), pages 187-197.
- Xiangyu Cui & Duan Li & Xun Li, 2014. "Mean-Variance Policy for Discrete-time Cone Constrained Markets: The Consistency in Efficiency and Minimum-Variance Signed Supermartingale Measure," Papers 1403.0718, arXiv.org.
- Tomas Björk & Agatha Murgoci, 2014. "A theory of Markovian time-inconsistent stochastic control in discrete time," Finance and Stochastics, Springer, vol. 18(3), pages 545-592, July.
- Zhou, Zhongbao & Xiao, Helu & Yin, Jialing & Zeng, Ximei & Lin, Ling, 2016. "Pre-commitment vs. time-consistent strategies for the generalized multi-period portfolio optimization with stochastic cash flows," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 68(C), pages 187-202.
- Zhao, Qian & Shen, Yang & Wei, Jiaqin, 2014. "Consumption–investment strategies with non-exponential discounting and logarithmic utility," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 238(3), pages 824-835.
- Martijn Pistorius & Mitja Stadje, 2016. "On Dynamic Deviation Measures and Continuous-Time Portfolio Optimisation," Papers 1604.08037, arXiv.org.
- Cong, F. & Oosterlee, C.W., 2016. "On pre-commitment aspects of a time-consistent strategy for a mean-variance investor," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 70(C), pages 178-193.
- Tomas Björk & Mariana Khapko & Agatha Murgoci, 2017. "On time-inconsistent stochastic control in continuous time," Finance and Stochastics, Springer, vol. 21(2), pages 331-360, April.
- Sigrid Källblad, 2017. "Risk- and ambiguity-averse portfolio optimization with quasiconcave utility functionals," Finance and Stochastics, Springer, vol. 21(2), pages 397-425, April.
More about this item
KeywordsMean-variance criterion; Markowitz problem; Portfolio optimisation; Time consistency; Time-inconsistent optimal control; Local risk minimisation; Föllmer–Schweizer decomposition; Convergence of optimal trading strategies; 91G10; 93E20; 60G48; G11; C61;
- G11 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Portfolio Choice; Investment Decisions
- C61 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Mathematical Methods; Programming Models; Mathematical and Simulation Modeling - - - Optimization Techniques; Programming Models; Dynamic Analysis
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:spr:finsto:v:17:y:2013:i:2:p:227-271. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.