Measuring persistence of U.S. city prices: new evidence from robust tests
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
- Basher, Syed Abul & Carrion-i-Silvestre, Josep Lluis, 2010. "Measuring Persistence of U.S. City Prices: New Evidence from Robust Tests," MPRA Paper 22482, University Library of Munich, Germany.
References listed on IDEAS
- Kenneth Rogoff, 1996. "The Purchasing Power Parity Puzzle," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 34(2), pages 647-668, June.
- Stephen G. Cecchetti & Nelson C. Mark & Robert J. Sonora, 2002. "Price Index Convergence Among United States Cities," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 43(4), pages 1081-1099, November.
- Andrews, Donald W K & Chen, Hong-Yuan, 1994. "Approximately Median-Unbiased Estimation of Autoregressive Models," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 12(2), pages 187-204, April.
- Hiranya K. Nath & Jayanta Sarkar, 2009.
"Unbiased Estimation of the Half-Life to Price Index Convergence among U.S. Cities,"
Journal of Money, Credit and Banking,
Blackwell Publishing, vol. 41(5), pages 1041-1046, August.
- Hiranya K. Nath & Jayanta Sarkar, 2007. "Unbiased Estimation of the Half-Life to Price Index Convergence among US Cities," Working Papers 0703, Sam Houston State University, Department of Economics and International Business.
- Basher Syed A. & Carrion-i-Silvestre Josep Lluís, 2009. "Price Level Convergence, Purchasing Power Parity and Multiple Structural Breaks in Panel Data Analysis: An Application to U.S. Cities," Journal of Time Series Econometrics, De Gruyter, vol. 1(1), pages 1-38, April.
- M. Hashem Pesaran & Ron Smith & Takashi Yamagata & Lyudmyla Hvozdyk, 2009. "Pairwise Tests of Purchasing Power Parity," Econometric Reviews, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 28(6), pages 495-521.
- Perron, Pierre, 1989.
"The Great Crash, the Oil Price Shock, and the Unit Root Hypothesis,"
Econometric Society, vol. 57(6), pages 1361-1401, November.
- Perron, P, 1988. "The Great Crash, The Oil Price Shock And The Unit Root Hypothesis," Papers 338, Princeton, Department of Economics - Econometric Research Program.
- Chen, L. L. & Devereux, J., 2003. "What can US city price data tell us about purchasing power parity?," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 22(2), pages 213-222, April.
- Robert Sonora, 2009. "City relative price convergence in the USA with structural break(s)," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 16(9), pages 939-944.
- Hamilton, James D, 1983. "Oil and the Macroeconomy since World War II," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 91(2), pages 228-248, April.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Faik Bilgili, 2016.
"City Price Convergence in Turkey with Structural Breaks,"
International Journal of Economics and Financial Issues,
Econjournals, vol. 6(3), pages 933-941.
- Bilgili, Faik, 2011. "City price convergence in Turkey with structural breaks," MPRA Paper 54295, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Hiranya K. Nath & Jayanta Sarkar, 2014.
"City Relative Price Dynamics in Australia: Are Structural Breaks Important?,"
The Economic Record,
The Economic Society of Australia, vol. 90(288), pages 33-48, March.
- Jayanta Sarkar & Hiranya K. Nath, 2013. "City Relative Price Dynamics in Australia: Are Structural Breaks Important?," Working Papers 1301, Sam Houston State University, Department of Economics and International Business.
- Christina Christou & Juncal Cunado & Rangan Gupta, 2016. "Price Convergence Patterns across U.S. States," Working Papers 201629, University of Pretoria, Department of Economics.
- repec:qut:auncer:2013_01 is not listed on IDEAS
- Baharumshah, Ahmad Zubaidi & Soon, Siew-Voon & Hamzah, Nor Aishah, 2013. "Parity reversion in real interest rate in the Asian countries: Further evidence based on local-persistent model," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 35(C), pages 634-642.
- Hegwood, Natalie D. & Nath, Hiranya K., 2013.
"Structural breaks and relative price convergence among US cities,"
Journal of Macroeconomics,
Elsevier, pages 150-160.
- Hiranya K. Nath & Natalie Hegwood, 2012. "Structural Breaks and Relative Price Convergence among U.S. Cities," Working Papers 1204, Sam Houston State University, Department of Economics and International Business.
- Sonora, Robert, 2010. "Asymmetries in New Keynesian Phillips Curves: Evidence from US Cities," MPRA Paper 24650, University Library of Munich, Germany.
More about this item
KeywordsPurchasing power parity; Price level convergence; Half-life; Multiple structural breaks; Pairwise convergence;
- E31 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Prices, Business Fluctuations, and Cycles - - - Price Level; Inflation; Deflation
- C23 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Single Equation Models; Single Variables - - - Models with Panel Data; Spatio-temporal Models
- F41 - International Economics - - Macroeconomic Aspects of International Trade and Finance - - - Open Economy Macroeconomics
- C33 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Multiple or Simultaneous Equation Models; Multiple Variables - - - Models with Panel Data; Spatio-temporal Models
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:spr:empeco:v:41:y:2011:i:3:p:739-745. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .