Continuous and robust measures of the overweight epidemic: 1971–2000
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Dean Jolliffe & Anastassia Semykina, 2000. "Robust standard errors for the Foster-Greer-Thorbecke class of poverty indices," Stata Technical Bulletin, StataCorp LP, vol. 9(51).
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Gannon, Brenda & Layte, Richard & McGregor, Pat & Madden, David & Nolan, Anne & O'Neill, Ciaran & Smith, Samantha, 2007. "The Provision and Use of Health Services, Health Inequalities and Health and Social Gain," Research Series, Economic and Social Research Institute (ESRI), number BMI196 edited by Nolan, Brian.
- David Madden, 2016. "Childhood obesity and maternal education in Ireland," Working Papers 201614, Geary Institute, University College Dublin.
- Bhagowalia, Priya & Chen, Susan E. & Masters, William A., 2011.
"Effects and determinants of mild underweight among preschool children across countries and over time,"
Economics & Human Biology,
Elsevier, vol. 9(1), pages 66-77, January.
- Priya Bhagowalia & Susan E. Chen & William A. Masters, 2009. "Effects And Determinants Of Mild Underweight Among Preschool Children Across Countries And Over Time," Working Papers 09-13, Purdue University, College of Agriculture, Department of Agricultural Economics.
- Stifel, David C. & Averett, Susan L., 2009. "Childhood overweight in the United States: A quantile regression approach," Economics & Human Biology, Elsevier, vol. 7(3), pages 387-397, December.
- David (David Patrick) Madden, 2007. "Health interventions and risky behaviour," Open Access publications 10197/791, School of Economics, University College Dublin.
- Burkhauser, Richard V. & Cawley, John, 2008.
"Beyond BMI: The value of more accurate measures of fatness and obesity in social science research,"
Journal of Health Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 27(2), pages 519-529, March.
- John Cawley & Richard V. Burkhauser, 2006. "Beyond BMI: The Value of More Accurate Measures of Fatness and Obesity in Social Science Research," NBER Working Papers 12291, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- David (David Patrick) Madden, 2007. "Health interventions and risky behaviour," Working Papers 200709, School of Economics, University College Dublin.
- Jolliffe, Dean, 2011.
"Overweight and poor? On the relationship between income and the body mass index,"
Economics & Human Biology,
Elsevier, vol. 9(4), pages 342-355.
- Jolliffe, Dean, 2010. "Overweight and Poor? On the Relationship between Income and the Body Mass Index," IZA Discussion Papers 5366, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Charles L. Baum, 2011. "The Effects of Food Stamps on Obesity," Southern Economic Journal, Southern Economic Association, vol. 77(3), pages 623-651, January.
- Jolliffe, Dean, 2006. "The Income Gradient and Distribution-Sensitive Measures of Overweight in the U.S," 2006 Annual Meeting, August 12-18, 2006, Queensland, Australia 25677, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- David (David Patrick) Madden, 2017. "Mind the Gap: Revisiting the Concentration Index for Overweight," Working Papers 201722, School of Economics, University College Dublin.
- Richard V. Burkhauser & John Cawley & Maximilian D. Schmeiser, 2009. "Differences in the U.S. Trends in the Prevalence of Obesity Based on Body Mass Index and Skinfold Thickness," NBER Working Papers 15005, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Etile, Fabrice, 2014.
"Education policies and health inequalities: Evidence from changes in the distribution of Body Mass Index in France, 1981–2003,"
Economics & Human Biology,
Elsevier, vol. 13(C), pages 46-65.
- Fabrice Etilé, 2014. "Education policies and health inequalities: Evidence from changes in the distribution of Body Mass Index in France, 1981-2003," PSE - Labex "OSE-Ouvrir la Science Economique" halshs-00978423, HAL.
- James E. Foster & Joel Greer & Erik Thorbecke, 2010. "The Foster-Greer-Thorbecke (FGT) Poverty Measures: Twenty-Five Years Later," Working Papers 2010-14, The George Washington University, Institute for International Economic Policy.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:spr:demogr:v:41:y:2004:i:2:p:303-314. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.