SDDP for some interstage dependent risk-averse problems and application to hydro-thermal planning
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Andrzej Ruszczyński & Alexander Shapiro, 2006. "Conditional Risk Mappings," Mathematics of Operations Research, INFORMS, vol. 31(3), pages 544-561, August.
- Andrzej Ruszczyński & Alexander Shapiro, 2006. "Optimization of Convex Risk Functions," Mathematics of Operations Research, INFORMS, vol. 31(3), pages 433-452, August.
- Shapiro, Alexander & Tekaya, Wajdi & da Costa, Joari Paulo & Soares, Murilo Pereira, 2013. "Risk neutral and risk averse Stochastic Dual Dynamic Programming method," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 224(2), pages 375-391.
- Shapiro, Alexander, 2011. "Analysis of stochastic dual dynamic programming method," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 209(1), pages 63-72, February.
- Rockafellar, R. Tyrrell & Uryasev, Stanislav, 2002. "Conditional value-at-risk for general loss distributions," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 26(7), pages 1443-1471, July.
- John R. Birge, 1985. "Decomposition and Partitioning Methods for Multistage Stochastic Linear Programs," Operations Research, INFORMS, vol. 33(5), pages 989-1007, October.
- Philpott, A.B. & de Matos, V.L., 2012. "Dynamic sampling algorithms for multi-stage stochastic programs with risk aversion," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 218(2), pages 470-483.
- Guigues, Vincent & Sagastizábal, Claudia, 2012. "The value of rolling-horizon policies for risk-averse hydro-thermal planning," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 217(1), pages 129-140.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Weini Zhang & Hamed Rahimian & Güzin Bayraksan, 2016. "Decomposition Algorithms for Risk-Averse Multistage Stochastic Programs with Application to Water Allocation under Uncertainty," INFORMS Journal on Computing, INFORMS, vol. 28(3), pages 385-404, August.
- Aldasoro, Unai & Escudero, Laureano F. & Merino, María & Pérez, Gloria, 2017. "A parallel Branch-and-Fix Coordination based matheuristic algorithm for solving large sized multistage stochastic mixed 0–1 problems," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 258(2), pages 590-606.
- Guigues, Vincent, 2017. "Dual Dynamic Programing with cut selection: Convergence proof and numerical experiments," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 258(1), pages 47-57.
- Escudero Bueno, Laureano F. & Garín Martín, María Araceli & Merino Maestre, María & Pérez Sainz de Rozas, Gloria, 2015. "Some experiments on solving multistage stochastic mixed 0-1 programs with time stochastic dominance constraints," BILTOKI BILTOKI;2015-01, Universidad del País Vasco - Departamento de Economía Aplicada III (Econometría y Estadística).
- Pritchard, Geoffrey, 2015. "Stochastic inflow modeling for hydropower scheduling problems," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 246(2), pages 496-504.
- Escudero, Laureano F. & Garín, María Araceli & Merino, María & Pérez, Gloria, 2016. "On time stochastic dominance induced by mixed integer-linear recourse in multistage stochastic programs," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 249(1), pages 164-176.
- W. Ackooij & X. Warin, 2020. "On conditional cuts for stochastic dual dynamic programming," EURO Journal on Computational Optimization, Springer;EURO - The Association of European Operational Research Societies, vol. 8(2), pages 173-199, June.
- Zhou, Shaorui & Zhang, Hui & Shi, Ning & Xu, Zhou & Wang, Fan, 2020. "A new convergent hybrid learning algorithm for two-stage stochastic programs," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 283(1), pages 33-46.
- Vitor L. de Matos & David P. Morton & Erlon C. Finardi, 2017. "Assessing policy quality in a multistage stochastic program for long-term hydrothermal scheduling," Annals of Operations Research, Springer, vol. 253(2), pages 713-731, June.
More about this item
KeywordsStochastic programming; Risk-averse optimization; Decomposition algorithms; Interstage dependency; Monte Carlo sampling;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:spr:coopap:v:57:y:2014:i:1:p:167-203. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Springer Nature Abstracting and Indexing). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.