A combined SDDP/Benders decomposition approach with a risk-averse surface concept for reservoir operation in long term power generation planning
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Homem-de-Mello, Tito & Pagnoncelli, Bernardo K., 2016. "Risk aversion in multistage stochastic programming: A modeling and algorithmic perspective," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 249(1), pages 188-199.
- Shapiro, Alexander & Tekaya, Wajdi & da Costa, Joari Paulo & Soares, Murilo Pereira, 2013. "Risk neutral and risk averse Stochastic Dual Dynamic Programming method," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 224(2), pages 375-391.
- Pierre Carpentier & Jean-Philippe Chancelier & Guy Cohen & Michel Lara & Pierre Girardeau, 2012. "Dynamic consistency for stochastic optimal control problems," Annals of Operations Research, Springer, vol. 200(1), pages 247-263, November.
- Jesús Latorre & Santiago Cerisola & Andrés Ramos & Rafael Palacios, 2009. "Analysis of stochastic problem decomposition algorithms in computational grids," Annals of Operations Research, Springer, vol. 166(1), pages 355-373, February.
- Pritchard, Geoffrey, 2015. "Stochastic inflow modeling for hydropower scheduling problems," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 246(2), pages 496-504.
- Vitor L. de Matos & David P. Morton & Erlon C. Finardi, 2017. "Assessing policy quality in a multistage stochastic program for long-term hydrothermal scheduling," Annals of Operations Research, Springer, vol. 253(2), pages 713-731, June.
- Dias, Bruno Henriques & Tomim, Marcelo Aroca & Marcato, André Luís Marques & Ramos, Tales Pulinho & Brandi, Rafael Bruno S. & Junior, Ivo Chaves da Silva & Filho, João Alberto Passos, 2013. "Parallel computing applied to the stochastic dynamic programming for long term operation planning of hydrothermal power systems," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 229(1), pages 212-222.
- Rudloff, Birgit & Street, Alexandre & Valladão, Davi M., 2014. "Time consistency and risk averse dynamic decision models: Definition, interpretation and practical consequences," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 234(3), pages 743-750.
- Andy Philpott & Vitor de Matos & Erlon Finardi, 2013. "On Solving Multistage Stochastic Programs with Coherent Risk Measures," Operations Research, INFORMS, vol. 61(4), pages 957-970, August.
- L. A. Terry & M. V. F. Pereira & T. A. Araripe Neto & L. F. C. A. Silva & P. R. H. Sales, 1986. "Coordinating the Energy Generation of the Brazilian National Hydrothermal Electrical Generating System," Interfaces, INFORMS, vol. 16(1), pages 16-38, February.
- Andrieu, L. & Henrion, R. & Römisch, W., 2010. "A model for dynamic chance constraints in hydro power reservoir management," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 207(2), pages 579-589, December.
- M.A.H. Dempster & R.T. Thompson, 1999. "EVPI‐based importance sampling solution proceduresfor multistage stochastic linear programmeson parallel MIMD architectures," Annals of Operations Research, Springer, vol. 90(0), pages 161-184, January.
- Lohmann, Timo & Hering, Amanda S. & Rebennack, Steffen, 2016. "Spatio-temporal hydro forecasting of multireservoir inflows for hydro-thermal scheduling," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 255(1), pages 243-258.
- Z. L. Chen & W. B. Powell, 1999. "Convergent Cutting-Plane and Partial-Sampling Algorithm for Multistage Stochastic Linear Programs with Recourse," Journal of Optimization Theory and Applications, Springer, vol. 102(3), pages 497-524, September.
- Ricardo Collado & Dávid Papp & Andrzej Ruszczyński, 2012. "Scenario decomposition of risk-averse multistage stochastic programming problems," Annals of Operations Research, Springer, vol. 200(1), pages 147-170, November.
- John R. Birge, 1985. "Decomposition and Partitioning Methods for Multistage Stochastic Linear Programs," Operations Research, INFORMS, vol. 33(5), pages 989-1007, October.
- Philpott, A.B. & de Matos, V.L., 2012. "Dynamic sampling algorithms for multi-stage stochastic programs with risk aversion," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 218(2), pages 470-483.
- András Prékopa, 2012. "Multivariate value at risk and related topics," Annals of Operations Research, Springer, vol. 193(1), pages 49-69, March.
More about this item
KeywordsOR in energy; Power generation planning; Stochastic dual dynamic programming; Benders decomposition; Large-scale linear programming; Risk aversion;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:spr:annopr:v:292:y:2020:i:2:d:10.1007_s10479-019-03419-4. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Springer Nature Abstracting and Indexing). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.