Are homeowners willing to adapt to and mitigate the effects of climate change?
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Falk Ita & Mendelsohn Robert, 1993. "The Economics of Controlling Stock Pollutants: An Efficient Strategy for Greenhouse Gases," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 25(1), pages 76-88, July.
- Norgaard, Richard B., 1989. "The case for methodological pluralism," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 1(1), pages 37-57, February.
- William D. Nordhaus & Joseph G. Boyer, 1999.
"Requiem for Kyoto: An Economic Analysis of the Kyoto Protocol,"
The Energy Journal,
International Association for Energy Economics, vol. 0(Special I), pages 93-130.
- William D. Nordhaus & Joseph G. Boyer, 1998. "Requiem for Kyoto: An Economic Analysis of the Kyoto Protocol," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 1201, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Michael Kremer, 1996. "Integrating Behavioral Choice into Epidemiological Models of AIDS," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 111(2), pages 549-573.
- Scott Barret, 1998. "On the Theory and Diplomacy of Environmental Treaty-Making," Environmental & Resource Economics, Springer;European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 11(3), pages 317-333, April.
- Marshall, John M, 1976. "Moral Hazard," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 66(5), pages 880-890, December.
- Graciela Chichilnisky & Geoffrey Heal, 1993. "Global Environmental Risks," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 7(4), pages 65-86, Fall.
- Ehrlich, Isaac & Becker, Gary S, 1972. "Market Insurance, Self-Insurance, and Self-Protection," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 80(4), pages 623-648, July-Aug..
- Barry Smit & Ian Burton & Richard Klein & J. Wandel, 2000. "An Anatomy of Adaptation to Climate Change and Variability," Climatic Change, Springer, vol. 45(1), pages 223-251, April.
- J. E. Stiglitz, 1999. "Introduction," Economic Notes, Banca Monte dei Paschi di Siena SpA, vol. 28(3), pages 249-254, November.
- Michael G. Bradley & Dale E. Lehman, 1986. "Comparative Equilibrium versus Comparative Statics," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 19(3), pages 526-538, August.
- Quiggin, John, 1992. "Risk, self-protection and ex ante economic value--some positive results," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 23(1), pages 40-53, July.
- Michael Kremer, 1996. "Integrating Behavioral Choice into Epidemiological Models of the AIDS Epidemic," NBER Working Papers 5428, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Arnott, Richard J & Stiglitz, Joseph E, 1988. " The Basic Analytics of Moral Hazard," Scandinavian Journal of Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 90(3), pages 383-413.
- Lewis, Tracy & Nickerson, David, 1989. "Self-insurance against natural disasters," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 16(3), pages 209-223, May.
- Jaffe, Adam B. & Stavins, Robert N., 1994. "The energy-efficiency gap What does it mean?," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 22(10), pages 804-810, October.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Daniel Osberghaus & Jan Kühling, 2016.
"Direct and indirect effects of weather experiences on life satisfaction – which role for climate change expectations?,"
Journal of Environmental Planning and Management,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 59(12), pages 2198-2230, December.
- Osberghaus, Daniel & Kühling, Jan, 2014. "Direct and indirect effects of weather experiences on life satisfaction: Which role for climate change expectations?," ZEW Discussion Papers 14-042, ZEW - Zentrum für Europäische Wirtschaftsforschung / Center for European Economic Research.
- repec:mar:magkse:20134 is not listed on IDEAS
- Achtnicht, Martin & Osberghaus, Daniel, 2016. "The demand for index-based flood insurance in a high-income country," ZEW Discussion Papers 16-051, ZEW - Zentrum für Europäische Wirtschaftsforschung / Center for European Economic Research.
- Stuart Bryce Capstick, 2013. "Public Understanding of Climate Change as a Social Dilemma," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 5(8), pages 1-18, August.
- Osberghaus, Daniel, 2015.
"The determinants of private flood mitigation measures in Germany — Evidence from a nationwide survey,"
Elsevier, vol. 110(C), pages 36-50.
- Osberghaus, Daniel, 2014. "The determinants of private flood mitigation measures in Germany: Evidence from a nationwide survey," ZEW Discussion Papers 14-032, ZEW - Zentrum für Europäische Wirtschaftsforschung / Center for European Economic Research.
- Robert Stojanov & Barbora Duží & Tomáš Daněk & Daniel Němec & David Procházka, 2015. "Adaptation to the Impacts of Climate Extremes in Central Europe: A Case Study in a Rural Area in the Czech Republic," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 7(9), pages 1-29, September.
- Christian Vossler & J. Scott Holladay, 2016. "Alternative Value Elicitation Formats in Contingent Valuation: A New Hope," Working Papers 2016-02, University of Tennessee, Department of Economics.
- Claudia Schwirplies & Andreas Ziegler, 2013. "Are German Tourists Environmental Chameleons? A Micro-econometric Analysis of Adaptation to Climate Change," MAGKS Papers on Economics 201334, Philipps-Universität Marburg, Faculty of Business Administration and Economics, Department of Economics (Volkswirtschaftliche Abteilung).
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:spr:climat:v:112:y:2012:i:3:p:633-654. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.