Gender discrimination and its impact on income, productivity, and technical efficiency: evidence from Benin
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- George E. Battese & Sohail J. Malik & Manzoor A. Gill, 1996. "An Investigation Of Technical Inefficiencies Of Production Of Wheat Farmers In Four Districts Of Pakistan," Journal of Agricultural Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 47(1-4), pages 37-49.
- Pandolfelli, Lauren & Meinzen-Dick, Ruth Suseela & Dohrn, Stephan, 2007. "Gender and collective action: A conceptual framework for analysis," CAPRi working papers 64, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Alvarez, Antonio & Arias, Carlos, 2004. "Technical efficiency and farm size: a conditional analysis," Agricultural Economics, Blackwell, pages 241-250.
- Quisumbing, Agnes R., 1996. "Male-female differences in agricultural productivity: Methodological issues and empirical evidence," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 24(10), pages 1579-1595, October.
- K. Kalirajan, 1981. "An Econometric Analysis of Yield Variability in Paddy Production," Canadian Journal of Agricultural Economics/Revue canadienne d'agroeconomie, Canadian Agricultural Economics Society/Societe canadienne d'agroeconomie, vol. 29(3), pages 283-294, November.
- Battese, George E., 1992. "Frontier production functions and technical efficiency: a survey of empirical applications in agricultural economics," Agricultural Economics, Blackwell, pages 185-208.
- Chambers,Robert G., 1988. "Applied Production Analysis," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521314275, December.
- Atkinson, Scott E. & Cornwell, Christopher, 1993. "Measuring technical efficiency with panel data : A dual approach," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, pages 257-261.
- Sharma, Khem R. & Leung, PingSun & Zaleski, Halina M., 1999. "Technical, allocative and economic efficiencies in swine production in Hawaii: a comparison of parametric and nonparametric approaches," Agricultural Economics of Agricultural Economists, International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 20(1), January.
- Atkinson, Scott E & Cornwell, Christopher, 1994. "Estimation of Output and Input Technical Efficiency Using a Flexible Form and Panel Data," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 35(1), pages 245-255, February.
- Battese, George E., 1992. "Frontier production functions and technical efficiency: a survey of empirical applications in agricultural economics," Agricultural Economics of Agricultural Economists, International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 7(3-4), October.
- Sharma, Khem R. & Leung, PingSun & Zaleski, Halina M., 1999. "Technical, allocative and economic efficiencies in swine production in Hawaii: a comparison of parametric and nonparametric approaches," Agricultural Economics, Blackwell, pages 23-35.
- Karl Lundvall & George Battese, 2000. "Firm size, age and efficiency: Evidence from Kenyan manufacturing firms," Journal of Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 36(3), pages 146-163.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Ali, Daniel & Bowen, Derick & Deininger, Klaus & Duponchel, Marguerite, 2016.
"Investigating the Gender Gap in Agricultural Productivity: Evidence from Uganda,"
Elsevier, pages 152-170.
- Ali,Daniel Ayalew & Bowen,Frederick H. & Deininger,Klaus W. & Duponchel,Marguerite Felicienne, 2015. "Investigating the gender gap in agricultural productivity : evidence from Uganda," Policy Research Working Paper Series 7262, The World Bank.
- Meinzen-Dick, Ruth & Quisumbing, Agnes & Behrman, Julia & Biermayr-Jenzano, Patricia & Wilde, Vicki & Noordeloos, Marco & Ragasa, Catherine & Beintema, Nienke, 2010.
"Engendering agricultural research,"
IFPRI discussion papers
973, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Peterman, A., 2010. "A review of empirical evidence on gender differences in nonland agricultural inputs, technology, and services in developing countries," IWMI Working Papers H043605, International Water Management Institute.
- João Morgado & Vincenzo Salvucci, 2016. "Gender divide in agricultural productivity in Mozambique," WIDER Working Paper Series 176, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Ekbom, Anders & Alem, Yonas & Sterner, Thomas, 2013.
"Integrating soil science into agricultural production frontiers,"
Environment and Development Economics,
Cambridge University Press, vol. 18(03), pages 291-308, June.
- Ekbom, Anders & Alem, Yonas & Sterner, Thomas, 2012. "Integrating Soil Sciences into Agricultural Production Frontiers," Working Papers in Economics 550, University of Gothenburg, Department of Economics.
- Ragasa, Catherine, 2012. "Gender and Institutional Dimensions of Agricultural Technology Adoption: A Review of Literature and Synthesis of 35 Case Studies," 2012 Conference, August 18-24, 2012, Foz do Iguacu, Brazil 126747, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Asekenye, Cresensia & Bravo-Ureta, Boris E. & Mukherjee, Deep & Okoko, Nasambu & Kalule Okello, David & Kidula, Nelson & Deom, Mike & Puppala, Naveen, 2013. "Productivity Gaps Among Smallholder Groundnut Farmers: A Comparative Analysis for Uganda and Kenya," 2013 AAAE Fourth International Conference, September 22-25, 2013, Hammamet, Tunisia 160673, African Association of Agricultural Economists (AAAE).
- Cheryl Doss, 2015. "Women and Agricultural Productivity: What Does the Evidence Tell Us?," Working Papers 1051, Economic Growth Center, Yale University.
- Diagne, Aliou & Sogbossi, Marie-Josee & Simtowe, Franklin & Diawara, Sekou & Diallo, Abdoulaye Sadio & Barry, Alpha Bacar, 2009. "Estimation of Actual and potential adoption rates and determinants of a new technology not universally known in the population: The case of NERICA rice varieties in Guinea," 2009 Conference, August 16-22, 2009, Beijing, China 51644, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Peterman, Amber & Quisumbing, Agnes & Behrman, Julia & Nkonya, Ephraim, 2010. "Understanding gender differences in agricultural productivity in Uganda and Nigeria," IFPRI discussion papers 1003, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Tomonori Yokouchi & Kazuki Saito, 2016. "Factors affecting farmers’ adoption of NERICA upland rice varieties: the case of a seed producing village in central Benin," Food Security: The Science, Sociology and Economics of Food Production and Access to Food, Springer;The International Society for Plant Pathology, pages 197-209.
- Peterman, Amber & Behrman, Julia & Quisumbing, Agnes, 2010. "A review of empirical evidence on gender differences in nonland agricultural inputs, technology, and services in developing countries," IFPRI discussion papers 975, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
More about this item
KeywordsGender; Productivity; Technical efficiency; Irrigated rice; Benin;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:spr:agrhuv:v:27:y:2010:i:1:p:57-69. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .