Social networks and information access: Implications for agricultural extension in a rice farming community in northern Vietnam
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Biggs, Stephen & Smith, Grant, 1998. "Beyond methodologies: Coalition-building for participatory technology development," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 26(2), pages 239-248, February.
- Wood, Geof, 2003. "Staying Secure, Staying Poor: The "Faustian Bargain"," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 31(3), pages 455-471, March.
- Deepa Narayan & Robert Chambers & Meera K. Shah & Patti Petesch, 2000. "Voices of the Poor : Crying Out for Change," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 13848, July.
- Frances Cleaver, 1999. "Paradoxes of participation: questioning participatory approaches to development," Journal of International Development, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 11(4), pages 597-612.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Mary Thuo & Alexandra Bell & Boris Bravo-Ureta & Michée Lachaud & David Okello & Evelyn Okoko & Nelson Kidula & Carl Deom & Naveen Puppala, 2014. "Effects of social network factors on information acquisition and adoption of improved groundnut varieties: the case of Uganda and Kenya," Agriculture and Human Values, Springer;The Agriculture, Food, & Human Values Society (AFHVS), vol. 31(3), pages 339-353, September.
- Isabel Fischer & Tina Beuchelt & Tom Dufhues & Gertrud Buchenrieder, 2010. "Risk management networks of ethnic minorities in Viet Nam," Asia-Pacific Development Journal, United Nations Economic and Social Commission for Asia and the Pacific (ESCAP), vol. 17(2), pages 83-118, December.
- David Spielman & Kristin Davis & Martha Negash & Gezahegn Ayele, 2011.
"Rural innovation systems and networks: findings from a study of Ethiopian smallholders,"
Agriculture and Human Values,
Springer;The Agriculture, Food, & Human Values Society (AFHVS), vol. 28(2), pages 195-212, June.
- Spielman, David J. & Davis, Kristin E. & Negash, Martha & Ayele, Gezahegn, 2008. "Rural innovation systems and networks: Findings from a study of Ethiopian smallholders," IFPRI discussion papers 759, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Isaac, Marney E., 2012. "Agricultural information exchange and organizational ties: The effect of network topology on managing agrodiversity," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 109(C), pages 9-15.
- Kumasi, Tyhra Carolyn & Asenso-Okyere, Kwadwo, 2011. "Responding to land degradation in the highlands of Tigray, Northern Ethiopia:," IFPRI discussion papers 1142, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- World Bank, 2010. "Economics of Adaptation to Climate Change : Vietnam," World Bank Other Operational Studies 12747, The World Bank.
- Bell, Andrew & Parkhurst, Gregory & Droppelmann, Klaus & Benton, Tim G., 2016. "Scaling up pro-environmental agricultural practice using agglomeration payments: Proof of concept from an agent-based model," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 126(C), pages 32-41.
- Meinzen-Dick, Ruth Suseela & Bernier, Quinn & Haglund, Eric, 2013. "The six "ins" of climate-smart agriculture: Inclusive institutions for information, innovation, investment, and insurance:," CAPRi working papers 114, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Carol Newman & Finn Tarp & Katleen Van Den Broeck, 2011. "Social Capital and Savings Behaviour: Evidence from Vietnam," The Institute for International Integration Studies Discussion Paper Series iiisdp351, IIIS.
- Kirstie Cadger & Andrews K. Quaicoo & Evans Dawoe & Marney E. Isaac, 2016. "Development Interventions and Agriculture Adaptation: A Social Network Analysis of Farmer Knowledge Transfer in Ghana," Agriculture, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 6(3), pages 1-14, July.
- Dobay, Krisztina Melinda, 2011. "The Role Of Knowledge-Based Networks In The Sustainable Development Of The Rural Space," Agricultural Economics and Rural Development, Institute of Agricultural Economics, vol. 8(2), pages 213-220.
- repec:spr:agrhuv:v:34:y:2017:i:2:d:10.1007_s10460-016-9725-0 is not listed on IDEAS
- Petr Matous & Yasuyuki Todo & Ayu Pratiwi, 2015. "The role of motorized transport and mobile phones in the diffusion of agricultural information in Tanggamus Regency, Indonesia," Transportation, Springer, vol. 42(5), pages 771-790, September.
More about this item
KeywordsAgricultural extension; Household assets; Marginal farmers; Northern Vietnam; Participatory development; Social network;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:spr:agrhuv:v:23:y:2006:i:4:p:513-527. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.