Unstash the Cash! Corporate Governance Reform in Japan
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Chie Aoyagi & Giovanni Ganelli, 2014. "Unstash the Cash! Corporate Governance Reform in Japan," IMF Working Papers 14/140, International Monetary Fund.
References listed on IDEAS
- Merton H. Miller & Daniel Orr, 1966. "A Model of the Demand for Money by Firms," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 80(3), pages 413-435.
- Myers, Stewart C. & Majluf, Nicolás S., 1945-, 1984. "Corporate financing and investment decisions when firms have information that investors do not have," Working papers 1523-84., Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Sloan School of Management.
- Stewart C. Myers & Nicholas S. Majluf, 1984. "Corporate Financing and Investment Decisions When Firms Have InformationThat Investors Do Not Have," NBER Working Papers 1396, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Myers, Stewart C. & Majluf, Nicholas S., 1984. "Corporate financing and investment decisions when firms have information that investors do not have," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 13(2), pages 187-221, June.
- De Nicolò, Gianni & Laeven, Luc & Ueda, Kenichi, 2008.
"Corporate governance quality: Trends and real effects,"
Journal of Financial Intermediation,
Elsevier, vol. 17(2), pages 198-228, April.
- Kenichi Ueda & Gianni De Nicolo & Luc Laeven, 2006. "Corporate Governance Quality; Trends and Real Effects," IMF Working Papers 06/293, International Monetary Fund.
- Dittmar, Amy & Mahrt-Smith, Jan & Servaes, Henri, 2003. "International Corporate Governance and Corporate Cash Holdings," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 38(01), pages 111-133, March.
- Kusnadi, Yuanto & Wei, K.C. John, 2011. "The determinants of corporate cash management policies: Evidence from around the world," Journal of Corporate Finance, Elsevier, vol. 17(3), pages 725-740, June.
- Opler, Tim & Pinkowitz, Lee & Stulz, Rene & Williamson, Rohan, 1999.
"The determinants and implications of corporate cash holdings,"
Journal of Financial Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 52(1), pages 3-46, April.
- Tim Opler & Lee Pinkowitz & Rene Stulz & Rohan Williamson, 1997. "The Determinants and Implications of Corporate Cash Holdings," NBER Working Papers 6234, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- SHINADA Naoki, 2012. "Firms' Cash Holdings and Performance: Evidence from Japanese corporate finance," Discussion papers 12031, Research Institute of Economy, Trade and Industry (RIETI).
- Pinkowitz, Lee & Williamson, Rohan, 2001. "Bank Power and Cash Holdings: Evidence from Japan," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 14(4), pages 1059-1082.
- Yung, Kenneth & Nafar, Nadia A., 2014. "Creditor rights and corporate cash holdings: International evidence," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 33(C), pages 111-127.
- Mulligan, Casey B, 1997. "Scale Economies, the Value of Time, and the Demand for Money: Longitudinal Evidence from Firms," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 105(5), pages 1061-1079, October.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Akihito Asano & Rod Tyers, 2015. "Third Arrow Reforms and Japan’s Economic Performance," Economics Discussion / Working Papers 15-17, The University of Western Australia, Department of Economics.
- Davide Porcellacchia, 2016. "Wage-Price Dynamics and Structural Reforms in Japan," IMF Working Papers 16/20, International Monetary Fund.
- Galen Sher, 2014. "Cashing in for Growth; Corporate Cash Holdings as an Opportunity for Investment in Japan," IMF Working Papers 14/221, International Monetary Fund.
More about this item
KeywordsJapan; corporate cash holdings; corporate governance; growth strategy.;
- D22 - Microeconomics - - Production and Organizations - - - Firm Behavior: Empirical Analysis
- G30 - Financial Economics - - Corporate Finance and Governance - - - General
- G34 - Financial Economics - - Corporate Finance and Governance - - - Mergers; Acquisitions; Restructuring; Corporate Governance
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:sgm:jbfeuw:v:1:y:2017:i:7:p:51-69. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/somuwpl.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.