Unstash the Cash! Corporate Governance Reform in Japan
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Chie Aoyagi & Giovanni Ganelli, 2014. "Unstash the Cash! Corporate Governance Reform in Japan," IMF Working Papers 14/140, International Monetary Fund.
References listed on IDEAS
- Merton H. Miller & Daniel Orr, 1966. "A Model of the Demand for Money by Firms," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 80(3), pages 413-435.
- Myers, Stewart C. & Majluf, Nicolás S., 1945-, 1984. "Corporate financing and investment decisions when firms have information that investors do not have," Working papers 1523-84., Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Sloan School of Management.
- Stewart C. Myers & Nicholas S. Majluf, 1984. "Corporate Financing and Investment Decisions When Firms Have InformationThat Investors Do Not Have," NBER Working Papers 1396, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Myers, Stewart C. & Majluf, Nicholas S., 1984. "Corporate financing and investment decisions when firms have information that investors do not have," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 13(2), pages 187-221, June.
- De Nicolò, Gianni & Laeven, Luc & Ueda, Kenichi, 2008.
"Corporate governance quality: Trends and real effects,"
Journal of Financial Intermediation,
Elsevier, vol. 17(2), pages 198-228, April.
- Kenichi Ueda & Gianni De Nicolo & Luc Laeven, 2006. "Corporate Governance Quality; Trends and Real Effects," IMF Working Papers 06/293, International Monetary Fund.
- Dittmar, Amy & Mahrt-Smith, Jan & Servaes, Henri, 2003. "International Corporate Governance and Corporate Cash Holdings," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 38(01), pages 111-133, March.
- Kusnadi, Yuanto & Wei, K.C. John, 2011. "The determinants of corporate cash management policies: Evidence from around the world," Journal of Corporate Finance, Elsevier, vol. 17(3), pages 725-740, June.
- Opler, Tim & Pinkowitz, Lee & Stulz, Rene & Williamson, Rohan, 1999.
"The determinants and implications of corporate cash holdings,"
Journal of Financial Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 52(1), pages 3-46, April.
- Tim Opler & Lee Pinkowitz & Rene Stulz & Rohan Williamson, 1997. "The Determinants and Implications of Corporate Cash Holdings," NBER Working Papers 6234, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- SHINADA Naoki, 2012. "Firms' Cash Holdings and Performance: Evidence from Japanese corporate finance," Discussion papers 12031, Research Institute of Economy, Trade and Industry (RIETI).
- Pinkowitz, Lee & Williamson, Rohan, 2001. "Bank Power and Cash Holdings: Evidence from Japan," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 14(4), pages 1059-1082.
- Yung, Kenneth & Nafar, Nadia A., 2014. "Creditor rights and corporate cash holdings: International evidence," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 33(C), pages 111-127.
- Mulligan, Casey B, 1997. "Scale Economies, the Value of Time, and the Demand for Money: Longitudinal Evidence from Firms," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 105(5), pages 1061-1079, October.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Davide Porcellacchia, 2016. "Wage-Price Dynamics and Structural Reforms in Japan," IMF Working Papers 16/20, International Monetary Fund.
- Akihito Asano & Rod Tyers, 2015. "Third Arrow Reforms and Japan’s Economic Performance," Economics Discussion / Working Papers 15-17, The University of Western Australia, Department of Economics.
- Galen Sher, 2014. "Cashing in for Growth; Corporate Cash Holdings as an Opportunity for Investment in Japan," IMF Working Papers 14/221, International Monetary Fund.
More about this item
KeywordsJapan; corporate cash holdings; corporate governance; growth strategy.;
- D22 - Microeconomics - - Production and Organizations - - - Firm Behavior: Empirical Analysis
- G30 - Financial Economics - - Corporate Finance and Governance - - - General
- G34 - Financial Economics - - Corporate Finance and Governance - - - Mergers; Acquisitions; Restructuring; Corporate Governance
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:sgm:jbfeuw:v:1:y:2017:i:7:p:51-69. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: () or (M. Henanine-Abed) or (M. Martínez-Preece) or (C. Zubieta-Badillo). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/somuwpl.html .