Grenzen der Äquivalenzbesteuerung im Systemwettbewerb
This paper compares and extends the tax competition analysis of ZODROW and MIESZKOWSKI (1986) and OATES and SCHWAB (1991, 1988). In a dynamic model of a small open economy we show that the efficiency of the tax instruments used to finance productive infrastructure depends on technical properties of the public input. From the view of a local jurisdiction, the efficiency of a capital income tax depends on whether private capital is paid more than or equal its marginal product. Under certain conditions a part of the capital income tax can be used to finance functional redistribution of income from mobile private capital to labour.
Volume (Year): 140 (2004)
Issue (Month): IV (December)
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: c/o SNB/BNS, Börsenstrasse 15, PO Box 2800, CH-8022 Zürich|
Phone: +41 (0)44 631 32 34
Fax: +41 (0)44 631 39 01
Web page: http://www.sjes.ch
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Volker Arnold & Clemens Fuest, 1999. "Fiscal Competition and the Efficiency of Public Input Provision with Asymmetic Jurisdictions," FinanzArchiv: Public Finance Analysis, Mohr Siebeck, Tübingen, vol. 56(2), pages 165-, June.
- Richter, W.F., 1991.
"The Efficient Allocation of Local Public Factors in Tiebout's Tradition,"
The Warwick Economics Research Paper Series (TWERPS)
378, University of Warwick, Department of Economics.
- Richter, Wolfram F., 1994. "The efficient allocation of local public factors in Tiebout's tradition," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 24(3), pages 323-340, June.
- Richter, Wolfram F. & Wellisch, Dietmar, 1996. "The provision of local public goods and factors in the presence of firm and household mobility," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 60(1), pages 73-93, April.
- Devereux, Michael, 1986. "Public investment and international policy coordination," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 22(2-3), pages 299-302.
- David E. Wildasin, 2000.
"Fiscal Competition in Space and Time,"
CESifo Working Paper Series
370, CESifo Group Munich.
- KEEN, Michael & MARCHAND, Maurice, 1996.
"Fiscal Competition and the Pattern of Public Spending,"
CORE Discussion Papers
1996001, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Keen, Michael & Marchand, Maurice, 1997. "Fiscal competition and the pattern of public spending," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 66(1), pages 33-53, October.
- Keen, M. & Marchand, M., . "Fiscal competition and the pattern of public spending," CORE Discussion Papers RP 1284, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Sinn, Hans-Werner, 1997. "Deutschland im Steuerwettbewerb," Munich Reprints in Economics 19833, University of Munich, Department of Economics.
- Charles B. Blankart, 2002. "Steuern als Preise - Eine finanzwissenschaftliche Untersuchung mit einer Anwendung auf die EU-Zinsbesteuerung," Swiss Journal of Economics and Statistics (SJES), Swiss Society of Economics and Statistics (SSES), vol. 138(I), pages 19-38, March.
- Taylor, Leon, 1992. "Infrastructural competition among jurisdictions," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 49(2), pages 241-259, November.
- Homburg, Stefan, 2010. "Allgemeine Steuerlehre," EconStor Books, ZBW - German National Library of Economics, number 92547.
- Razin, Assaf & Sadka, Efraim, 1991.
"International tax competition and gains from tax harmonization,"
Elsevier, vol. 37(1), pages 69-76, September.
- Assaf Razin & Efraim Sadka, 1989. "International Tax Competition and Gains from Tax Harmonization," NBER Working Papers 3152, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Matsumoto, Mutsumi, 2000. "A Tax Competition Analysis of Congestible Public Inputs," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 48(2), pages 242-259, September.
- Conrad, Klaus & Seitz, Helmut, 1997. "Infrastructure provision and international market share rivalry," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 27(6), pages 715-734, November.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ses:arsjes:2004-iv-4. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Peter Steiner)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.