Gibrat's Law and the Impact of Ownership: A Case Study of Croatia's Hotel Industry
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Blandina Oliveira & Adelino Fortunato, 2006.
"Testing Gibrat's Law: Empirical Evidence from a Panel of Portuguese Manufacturing Firms,"
International Journal of the Economics of Business, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 13(1), pages 65-81.
- Blandina Oliveira & Adelino Fortunato, 2003. "Testing Gibrat’s Law: Empirical Evidence from a Panel of Portuguese Manufacturing Firms," GEMF Working Papers 2003-07, GEMF, Faculty of Economics, University of Coimbra.
- Walsh, Patrick Paul & Whelan, Ciara, 2001.
"Firm performance and the political economy of corporate governance: survey evidence for Bulgaria, Hungary, Slovakia and Slovenia,"
Economic Systems, Elsevier, vol. 25(2), pages 85-112, June.
- Patrick Paul Walsh & Ciara Whelan, 1999. "Firm Performance and the Political Economy of Corporate Governance: Survey Evidence for Bulgaria, Hungary, Slovakia and Slovenia," LICOS Discussion Papers 8599, LICOS - Centre for Institutions and Economic Performance, KU Leuven.
- Ciara Whelan & Patrick P. Walsh, 2000. "Firm performance and the political economy of corporate governance : survey evidence for Bulgaria, Hungary, Slovakia and Slovenia," Open Access publications 10197/141, School of Economics, University College Dublin.
- Patrick Paul Walsh & Ciara Whelan, 2000. "Firm Performance and the Political Economy of Corporate Governance: Survey Evidence for Bulgaria, Hungary, Slovakia and Slovenia," William Davidson Institute Working Papers Series 338, William Davidson Institute at the University of Michigan.
- Pekka Stenholm & Zoltán J. Ács & Robert Wuebker, 2015.
"Exploring country-level institutional arrangements on the rate and type of entrepreneurial activity,"
Chapters, in: Global Entrepreneurship, Institutions and Incentives, chapter 20, pages 387-404,
Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Stenholm, Pekka & Acs, Zoltan J. & Wuebker, Robert, 2013. "Exploring country-level institutional arrangements on the rate and type of entrepreneurial activity," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 28(1), pages 176-193.
- Jozef Konings & Ana Xavier, 2002. "Firm Growth and Survival in a Transition Country: Micro Evidence from Slovenia," LICOS Discussion Papers 11402, LICOS - Centre for Institutions and Economic Performance, KU Leuven.
- Manuel Arellano & Stephen Bond, 1991.
"Some Tests of Specification for Panel Data: Monte Carlo Evidence and an Application to Employment Equations,"
Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 58(2), pages 277-297.
- Tom Doan, "undated". "RATS program to replicate Arellano-Bond 1991 dynamic panel," Statistical Software Components RTZ00169, Boston College Department of Economics.
- Brückner, Markus, 2010. "Financial determinants of firm dynamics: Evidence from a European panel," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 107(1), pages 63-65, April.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Sameeksha Desai & Johan E. Eklund & Emma Lappi, 2020. "Entry Regulation and Persistence of Profits in Incumbent Firms," Review of Industrial Organization, Springer;The Industrial Organization Society, vol. 57(3), pages 537-558, November.
- Marko Simoneti & Joze P. Damijan & Matija Rojec & Boris Majcen, 2004. "Case-by-case versus Mass Privatization in Transition Economies: Owner and Seller Effects on Performance of Firms in Slovenia," LICOS Discussion Papers 14304, LICOS - Centre for Institutions and Economic Performance, KU Leuven.
- Martinez, Candace & Cummings, Michael E. & Vaaler, Paul M., 2015. "Economic informality and the venture funding impact of migrant remittances to developing countries11Please contact Paul M. Vaaler regarding this paper. This research benefitted from a presentation at ," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 30(4), pages 526-545.
- Arwiphawee Srithongrung & Patricia Byrnes, 2019. "The Causal Linkages Among Arts, Knowledge Employment, and Local Economic Performance," Economic Development Quarterly, , vol. 33(4), pages 296-315, November.
- Canarella, Giorgio & Miller, Stephen M., 2018.
"The determinants of growth in the U.S. information and communication technology (ICT) industry: A firm-level analysis,"
Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 70(C), pages 259-271.
- Giorgio Canarella & Stephen M. Miller, 2017. "The Determinants of Growth in the Information and Communication Technology (ICT) Industry: A Firm-Level Analysis," Working papers 2017-12, University of Connecticut, Department of Economics.
- Yakira Fernández-Torres & Milagros Gutiérrez-Fernández & Julián Ramajo-Hernández, 2018. "Business Regulation And Economic Growth: The Indirect Effect Of Corruption In Latin America And The Caribbean," Journal of Developmental Entrepreneurship (JDE), World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd., vol. 23(01), pages 1-22, March.
- Simoneti, Marko & Damijan, Joze P. & Rojec, Matija & Majcen, Boris, 2005. "Case-by-Case Versus mass privatization in transition economies: Initial owner and final seller effects on performance of firms in Slovenia," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 33(10), pages 1603-1625, October.
- Sven-Olov Daunfeldt & Daniel Halvarsson, 2015.
"Are high-growth firms one-hit wonders? Evidence from Sweden,"
Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 44(2), pages 361-383, February.
- Daunfeldt, Sven-Olov & Halvarsson, Daniel, 2012. "Are high-growth firms one-hit wonders? Evidence from Sweden," HUI Working Papers 73, HUI Research.
- Lina CortÃ©s & Juan M. Lozada & Javier Perote, 2019. "Firm size and concentration inequality: A flexible extension of Gibratâ€™s law," Documentos de Trabajo CIEF 017205, Universidad EAFIT.
- Miralles-Quirós, María del Mar & Miralles-Quirós, José Luis & Daza-Izquierdo, Julio, 2018. "Crecimiento empresarial y políticas públicas de desarrollo regional en EUROACE," INVESTIGACIONES REGIONALES - Journal of REGIONAL RESEARCH, Asociación Española de Ciencia Regional, issue 41, pages 215-225.
- Lina CortÃ©s & Juan M. Lozada & Javier Perote, 2020. "Firm size and economic concentration: An analysis from lognormal expansion," Documentos de Trabajo CIEF 018185, Universidad EAFIT.
- Dutta, Nabamita & Sobel, Russell S., 2018. "Entrepreneurship and human capital: The role of financial development," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 57(C), pages 319-332.
- Ioannis Giotopoulos & Georgios Fotopoulos, 2010. "Intra-Industry Growth Dynamics in the Greek Services Sector: Firm-Level Estimates for ICT-Producing, ICT-Using, and Non-ICT Industries," Review of Industrial Organization, Springer;The Industrial Organization Society, vol. 36(1), pages 59-74, February.
- García-Manjón, Juan V. & Romero-Merino, M. Elena, 2012. "Research, development, and firm growth. Empirical evidence from European top R&D spending firms," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 41(6), pages 1084-1092.
- Daniel Ştefan Armeanu & Georgeta Vintilă & Ştefan Cristian Gherghina, 2017. "Empirical Study towards the Drivers of Sustainable Economic Growth in EU-28 Countries," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 10(1), pages 1-22, December.
- Alcaraz, Carlo & Villalvazo, Sergio, 2017.
"The effect of natural gas shortages on the Mexican economy,"
Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 66(C), pages 147-153.
- Catlo Alcaraz & Sergio Villavazo Martin, 2016. "The Effect of Natural Gas Shortages on the Mexican Economy," Working Papers 2016-10, Banco de México.
- Khalil, Umair, 2017. "Do more guns lead to more crime? Understanding the role of illegal firearms," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 133(C), pages 342-361.
- Cho, Seo-young & Vadlamannati, Krishna Chaitanya, 2010. "Compliance for big brothers: An empirical analysis on the impact of the anti-trafficking protocol," Center for European, Governance and Economic Development Research Discussion Papers 118, University of Goettingen, Department of Economics.
- Katsushi S. Imai & Raghav Gaiha & Ganesh Thapa & Samuel Kobina Annim, 2013.
"Financial Crisis In Asia: Its Genesis, Severity And Impact On Poverty And Hunger,"
Journal of International Development, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 25(8), pages 1105-1116, November.
- Katsushi S. Imai & Raghav Gaiha & Ganesh Thapa & Samuel Kobina Annim, 2013. "Financial Crisis in Asia: Its Genesis, Severity and Impact on Poverty and Hunger," Discussion Paper Series DP2013-10, Research Institute for Economics & Business Administration, Kobe University.
- Marco Botta & Luca Colombo, 2016. "Macroeconomic and Institutional Determinants of Capital Structure Decisions," DISCE - Working Papers del Dipartimento di Economia e Finanza def038, Università Cattolica del Sacro Cuore, Dipartimenti e Istituti di Scienze Economiche (DISCE).
More about this item
Keywordstransition; ownership; Gibrat's Law; Croatian hotel industry;
All these keywords.
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:sae:toueco:v:21:y:2015:i:1:p:105-120. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.