The Incidence of the Mortgage Interest Deduction: Evidence from the Market for Home Purchase Loans
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Devereux, Michael P. & Lanot, Gauthier, 2003. "Measuring tax incidence: an application to mortgage provision in the UK," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 87(7-8), pages 1747-1778, August.
- James M. Poterba, 1984. "Tax Subsidies to Owner-Occupied Housing: An Asset-Market Approach," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 99(4), pages 729-752.
- Gibbons, Stephen & Manning, Alan, 2006.
"The incidence of UK housing benefit: Evidence from the 1990s reforms,"
Journal of Public Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 90(4-5), pages 799-822, May.
- Steve Gibbons & Alan Manning, 2003. "The Incidence of UK Housing Benefit: Evidence from the 1990s Reforms," CEP Discussion Papers dp0597, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- Gibbons, Stephen & Manning, Alan, 2003. "The incidence of UK housing benefit: evidence from the 1990s reforms," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 20011, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Anderson, John E. & Clemens, Jeffrey & Hanson, Andrew, 2007. "Capping the Mortgage Interest Deduction," National Tax Journal, National Tax Association;National Tax Journal, vol. 60(4), pages 769-785, December.
- Rosen, Harvey S., 1979. "Housing decisions and the U.S. income tax : An econometric analysis," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 11(1), pages 1-23, February.
- David Card & David S. Lee & Zhuan Pei, 2009. "Quasi-Experimental Identification and Estimation in the Regression Kink Design," Working Papers 1206, Princeton University, Department of Economics, Industrial Relations Section..
- Wheaton, William C, 1990. "Vacancy, Search, and Prices in a Housing Market Matching Model," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 98(6), pages 1270-1292, December.
- Rosen, Harvey S., 1979. "Owner occupied housing and the federal income tax: Estimates and simulations," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 6(2), pages 247-266, April.
- Poterba, James M, 1992. "Taxation and Housing: Old Questions, New Answers," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 82(2), pages 237-242, May.
- Susin, Scott, 2002. "Rent vouchers and the price of low-income housing," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 83(1), pages 109-152, January.
Blog mentionsAs found by EconAcademics.org, the blog aggregator for Economics research:
- Why the mortgage interest tax deduction should disappear, but won't
by Steve Cecchetti and Kim Schoenholtz in Money, Banking and Financial Markets on 2015-06-08 17:24:14
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Wodon, Quentin, 2014. "Comparing Itemized Tax Deductions across States: A Simple Decomposition Applied to Mortgage Interest Deductions," MPRA Paper 56940, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Martin, Hal & Hanson, Andrew, 2016.
"Metropolitan area home prices and the mortgage interest deduction: Estimates and simulations from policy change,"
Regional Science and Urban Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 59(C), pages 12-23.
- Martin, Hal & Hanson, Andrew, 2015. "Metropolitan Area Home Prices and the Mortgage Interest Deduction: Estimates and Simulations from Policy Change," Working Papers (Old Series) 1516, Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland.
- Ganong, Peter & Jäger, Simon, 2014. "A Permutation Test and Estimation Alternatives for the Regression Kink Design," IZA Discussion Papers 8282, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- repec:hrv:faseco:34222894 is not listed on IDEAS
- Annelies Hoebeeck & Koen Inghelbrecht, 2017. "The impact of the mortgage interest and capital deduction scheme on the Belgian mortgage market," Working Paper Research 327, National Bank of Belgium.
More about this item
Keywordshousing subsidy; mortgage interest deduction; incidence;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:sae:pubfin:v:40:y:2012:i:3:p:339-359. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.