Comparing Itemized Tax Deductions across States: A Simple Decomposition Applied to Mortgage Interest Deductions
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Joseph Gyourko & Todd Sinai, 2003. "The Spatial Distribution of Housing-Related Ordinary Income Tax Benefits," Real Estate Economics, American Real Estate and Urban Economics Association, vol. 31(4), pages 527-575, December.
- Andrew Hanson, 2012. "The Incidence of the Mortgage Interest Deduction: Evidence from the Market for Home Purchase Loans," Public Finance Review, , vol. 40(3), pages 339-359, May.
- Hanson, Andrew, 2012. "Size of home, homeownership, and the mortgage interest deduction," Journal of Housing Economics, Elsevier, vol. 21(3), pages 195-210.
- Cole, Adam J. & Gee, Geoffrey & Turner, Nicholas, 2011. "The Distributional and Revenue Consequences of Reforming the Mortgage Interest Deduction," National Tax Journal, National Tax Association, vol. 64(4), pages 977-1000, December.
- Poterba, James M, 1992. "Taxation and Housing: Old Questions, New Answers," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 82(2), pages 237-242, May.
- Poterba, James M. & Sinai, Todd, 2011. "Revenue Costs and Incentive Effects of the Mortgage Interest Deduction for Owner-Occupied Housing," National Tax Journal, National Tax Association, vol. 64(2), pages 531-564, June.
- Peter Brady & Julie-Anne Cronin & Scott Houser, 2003. "Regional Differences in the Utilization of the Mortgage Interest Deduction," Public Finance Review, , vol. 31(4), pages 327-366, July.
More about this item
KeywordsTax deductions; Mortgage interest; District of Columbia;
- H24 - Public Economics - - Taxation, Subsidies, and Revenue - - - Personal Income and Other Nonbusiness Taxes and Subsidies
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2014-07-05 (All new papers)
- NEP-PBE-2014-07-05 (Public Economics)
- NEP-PUB-2014-07-05 (Public Finance)
- NEP-URE-2014-07-05 (Urban & Real Estate Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:56940. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .