Comparing Itemized Tax Deductions across States: A Simple Decomposition Applied to Mortgage Interest Deductions
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Cole, Adam J. & Gee, Geoffrey & Turner, Nicholas, 2011. "The Distributional and Revenue Consequences of Reforming the Mortgage Interest Deduction," National Tax Journal, National Tax Association;National Tax Journal, vol. 64(4), pages 977-1000, December.
- Joseph Gyourko & Todd Sinai, 2003. "The Spatial Distribution of Housing-Related Ordinary Income Tax Benefits," Real Estate Economics, American Real Estate and Urban Economics Association, vol. 31(4), pages 527-575, December.
- Andrew Hanson, 2012. "The Incidence of the Mortgage Interest Deduction: Evidence from the Market for Home Purchase Loans," Public Finance Review, , vol. 40(3), pages 339-359, May.
- Poterba, James M, 1992. "Taxation and Housing: Old Questions, New Answers," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 82(2), pages 237-242, May.
- Poterba, James M. & Sinai, Todd, 2011. "Revenue Costs and Incentive Effects of the Mortgage Interest Deduction for Owner-Occupied Housing," National Tax Journal, National Tax Association;National Tax Journal, vol. 64(2), pages 531-564, June.
- Peter Brady & Julie-Anne Cronin & Scott Houser, 2003. "Regional Differences in the Utilization of the Mortgage Interest Deduction," Public Finance Review, , vol. 31(4), pages 327-366, July.
- Hanson, Andrew, 2012. "Size of home, homeownership, and the mortgage interest deduction," Journal of Housing Economics, Elsevier, vol. 21(3), pages 195-210.
More about this item
KeywordsTax deductions; Mortgage interest; District of Columbia;
- H24 - Public Economics - - Taxation, Subsidies, and Revenue - - - Personal Income and Other Nonbusiness Taxes and Subsidies
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2014-07-05 (All new papers)
- NEP-PBE-2014-07-05 (Public Economics)
- NEP-PUB-2014-07-05 (Public Finance)
- NEP-URE-2014-07-05 (Urban & Real Estate Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:56940. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.