Applying Google Trendsâ€™ Search Popularity Indicator to Professional Cycling
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Wladimir Andreff, 2016. "The Tour de France: A Success Story in Spite of Competitive Imbalance and Doping," Sports Economics, Management, and Policy, in: Daam Van Reeth & Daniel Joseph Larson (ed.), The Economics of Professional Road Cycling, edition 1, chapter 0, pages 233-255, Springer.
- Daam Van Reeth & Daniel Joseph Larson (ed.), 2016. "The Economics of Professional Road Cycling," Sports Economics, Management and Policy, Springer, edition 1, number 978-3-319-22312-4, July.
- Nicolas Scelles & Jean-François Mignot & Benjamin Cabaud & Aurélien François, 2018. "Temporary organizational forms and coopetition in cycling," Post-Print hal-02366610, HAL.
- Jean-François Mignot, 2016.
"The History of Professional Road Cycling,"
Sports Economics, Management, and Policy, in: Daam Van Reeth & Daniel Joseph Larson (ed.), The Economics of Professional Road Cycling, edition 1, chapter 0, pages 7-31,
- Jean-François Mignot, 2016. "The history of professional road cycling [Histoire du cyclisme sur route professionnel]," Post-Print halshs-01326719, HAL.
- Egon Franck & Stephan Nüesch, 2012.
"Talent And/Or Popularity: What Does It Take To Be A Superstar?,"
Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 50(1), pages 202-216, January.
- Egon Franck & Stephan Nüesch, 2007. "Talent and/or Popularity - What Does it Take to Be a Superstar," Working Papers 0018, University of Zurich, Center for Research in Sports Administration (CRSA).
- Egon Franck & Stephan Nüesch, 2007. "Talent and/or Popularity - What Does it Take to Be a Superstar," Working Papers 0074, University of Zurich, Institute for Strategy and Business Economics (ISU).
- Steffen Herm & Hans-Markus Callsen-Bracker & Henning Kreis, 2014. "When the crowd evaluates soccer players’ market values: Accuracy and evaluation attributes of an online community," Sport Management Review, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 17(4), pages 484-492, October.
- Filo, Kevin & Lock, Daniel & Karg, Adam, 2015. "Sport and social media research: A review," Sport Management Review, Elsevier, vol. 18(2), pages 166-181.
- Siliverstovs, Boriss & Wochner, Daniel S., 2018. "Google Trends and reality: Do the proportions match?," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 145(C), pages 1-23.
- Kevin Filo & Daniel Lock & Adam Karg, 2015. "Sport and social media research: A review," Sport Management Review, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 18(2), pages 166-181, April.
- Maria Arango-Kure & Marcel Garz & Armin Rott, 2014. "Bad News Sells: The Demand for News Magazines and the Tone of Their Covers," Journal of Media Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 27(4), pages 199-214, December.
- Van Reeth, Daam, 2019. "Forecasting Tour de France TV audiences: A multi-country analysis," International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, vol. 35(2), pages 810-821.
- Herm, Steffen & Callsen-Bracker, Hans-Markus & Kreis, Henning, 2014. "When the crowd evaluates soccer players’ market values: Accuracy and evaluation attributes of an online community," Sport Management Review, Elsevier, vol. 17(4), pages 484-492.
- Jun, Seung-Pyo & Yoo, Hyoung Sun & Choi, San, 2018. "Ten years of research change using Google Trends: From the perspective of big data utilizations and applications," Technological Forecasting and Social Change, Elsevier, vol. 130(C), pages 69-87.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Craig A. Depken & Tomislav Globan, 2021. "Football transfer fee premiums and Europe's big five," Southern Economic Journal, John Wiley & Sons, vol. 87(3), pages 889-908, January.
- Green, Colin & Lozano, Fernando & Simmons, Rob, 2015.
"Rank-order tournaments, probability of winning and investing in talent: evidence from champions' league qualifying rules,"
National Institute Economic Review, Cambridge University Press, vol. 232, pages 30-40, May.
- Colin Green & Fernando Lozano & Rob Simmons, 2015. "Rank-Order Tournaments, Probability of Winning and Investing in Talent: Evidence from Champions' League Qualifying Rules," National Institute Economic Review, National Institute of Economic and Social Research, vol. 232(1), pages 30-40, May.
- Green, Colin P. & Lozano, Fernando A. & Simmons, Rob, 2015. "Rank-Order Tournaments, Probability of Winning and Investing in Talent: Evidence from Champions League Qualifying Rules," IZA Discussion Papers 8950, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Tommy Quansah & Bernd Frick & Markus Lang & Kieran Maguire, 2021. "The Importance of Club Revenues for Player Salaries and Transfer Expenses—How Does the Coronavirus Outbreak (COVID-19) Impact the English Premier League?," Sustainability, MDPI, vol. 13(9), pages 1-22, May.
- Korzynski, Pawel & Paniagua, Jordi, 2016. "Score a tweet and post a goal: Social media recipes for sports stars," Business Horizons, Elsevier, vol. 59(2), pages 185-192.
- Velema, Thijs A., 2019. "Upward and downward job mobility and player market values in contemporary European professional football," Sport Management Review, Elsevier, vol. 22(2), pages 209-221.
- Lukas Richau & Florian Follert & Monika Frenger & Eike Emrich, 2021. "The sky is the limit?! Evaluating the existence of a speculative bubble in European football," Journal of Business Economics, Springer, vol. 91(6), pages 765-796, August.
- Coates, Dennis & Parshakov, Petr, 2022. "The wisdom of crowds and transfer market values," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 301(2), pages 523-534.
- Richau, Lukas & Follert, Florian & Frenger, Monika & Emrich, Eike, 2021. "The Rainmaker?! The impact of investors on transfer fees in the English Premier League," Working Paper 187/2021, Helmut Schmidt University, Hamburg.
- Müller, Oliver & Simons, Alexander & Weinmann, Markus, 2017. "Beyond crowd judgments: Data-driven estimation of market value in association football," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 263(2), pages 611-624.
- Bernd Frick & Franziska Prockl, 2018. "Information Precision In Online Communities: Player Valuations On Www.Transfermarkt.De," Working Papers Dissertations 37, Paderborn University, Faculty of Business Administration and Economics.
- Benito Perez-Gonzalez & Alvaro Fernandez-Luna & Daniel Castillo & Pablo Burillo, 2020. "Are European Soccer Players Worth More If They Are Born Early in the Year? Relative Age Effect on Player Market Value," IJERPH, MDPI, vol. 17(9), pages 1-10, May.
- Baback Vaziri & Shaunak Dabadghao & Yuehwern Yih & Thomas L. Morin & Mark Lehto, 2020. "Crowd-Ranking: a Markov-based method for ranking alternatives," Operational Research, Springer, vol. 20(1), pages 279-295, March.
- Marco Di Domizio & Raul Caruso & Bernd Frick, 2020. "Intelligenza Collettiva E Valore Di Mercato Dei Calciatori: Il Caso Transfermarkt," Rivista di Diritto ed Economia dello Sport, Centro di diritto e business dello Sport, vol. 16(2), pages 155-172, novembre.
- Næss, Hans Erik, 2017. "Authenticity matters: A digital ethnography of FIA World Rally Championship fan forums," Sport Management Review, Elsevier, vol. 20(1), pages 105-113.
- Nicolas Scelles & Boris Helleu & Christophe Durand & Liliane Bonnal & Stephen Morrow, 2017.
"Explaining the Number of Social Media Fans for North American and European Professional Sports Clubs with Determinants of Their Financial Value,"
IJFS, MDPI, vol. 5(4), pages 1-19, November.
- Nicolas Scelles & Boris Helleu & Christophe Durand & Liliane Bonnal & Stephen Morrow, 2017. "Explaining the Number of Social Media Fans for North American and European Professional Sports Clubs with Determinants of Their Financial Value," Post-Print hal-01987779, HAL.
- Maribel Serna RodrÃguez & AndrÃ©s RamÃrez Hassan & Alexander Coad, 2019. "Uncovering Value Drivers of High Performance Soccer Players," Journal of Sports Economics, , vol. 20(6), pages 819-849, August.
- Kharouf, Husni & Biscaia, Rui & Garcia-Perez, Alexeis & Hickman, Ellie, 2020. "Understanding online event experience: The importance of communication, engagement and interaction," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 121(C), pages 735-746.
- Boris Helleu, 2016. "Un état de la recherche en management du #Digisport : enjeux et perspectives," Post-Print hal-01715966, HAL.
- Henk Erik Meier & Michael Mutz, 2020. "Does Attractiveness Lead to or Follow From Occupational Success? Findings From German Associational Football," SAGE Open, , vol. 10(1), pages 21582440209, January.
- Željka Marčinko Trkulja & Jasmina Dlačić & Dinko Primorac, 2022. "Social Identity Dimensions as Drivers of Consumer Engagement in Social Media Sports Club," JRFM, MDPI, vol. 15(10), pages 1-15, October.
More about this item
Keywordssearch popularity indicator (SPI); Tour de France; social media; own-country preferences; google trends;
All these keywords.
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:sae:jospec:v:22:y:2021:i:4:p:459-485. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: SAGE Publications (email available below). General contact details of provider: .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.