State-Level Determinants of Entrepreneurship and a Preliminary Measure of Entrepreneurial Climate
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Mark D. Partridge & Dan S. Rickman & Hui Li, 2009. "Who Wins From Local Economic Development?," Economic Development Quarterly, , vol. 23(1), pages 13-27, February.
- Avraham Ebenstein & Ann Harrison & Margaret McMillan & Shannon Phillips, 2014.
"Estimating the Impact of Trade and Offshoring on American Workers using the Current Population Surveys,"
The Review of Economics and Statistics,
MIT Press, vol. 96(4), pages 581-595, October.
- Avraham Ebenstein & Ann Harrison & Margaret McMillan & Shannon Phillips, 2009. "Estimating the Impact of Trade and Offshoring on American Workers Using the Current Population Surveys," Discussion Papers Series, Department of Economics, Tufts University 0742, Department of Economics, Tufts University.
- Avraham Ebenstein & Ann Harrison & Margaret McMillan & Shannon Phillips, 2009. "Estimating the Impact of Trade and Offshoring on American Workers Using the Current Population Surveys," NBER Working Papers 15107, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Ebenstein, Avraham & Harrison, Ann & McMillan, Margaret & Phillips, Shannon, 2011. "Estimating the impact of trade and offshoring on American workers using the current population surveys," Policy Research Working Paper Series 5750, The World Bank.
- Timothy J. Wilkinson, 1999. "The Effect of State Appropriations on Export-Related Employment in Manufacturing," Economic Development Quarterly, , vol. 13(2), pages 172-182, May.
- Cletus Coughlin & Howard Wall, 2003.
"NAFTA and the changing pattern of state exports,"
Papers in Regional Science,
Springer;Regional Science Association International, pages 427-450.
- Roger F. Riefler, 2007. "State Patterns of Occupational Earnings: Implications for Long-Term Growth," Economic Development Quarterly, , vol. 21(1), pages 34-48, February.
- Eli Miloslavsky & Howard J. Shatz, 2006.
"Services Exports and the States: Measuring the Potential,"
Economic Development Quarterly,
, vol. 20(1), pages 3-21, February.
- Howard Shatz & Eli Miloslavsky, 2004. "Services Exports and the States: Measuring the Potential," PPIC Working Papers 2004.04, Public Policy Institute of California.
- Susan N. Houseman, "undated".
"Job Growth and the Quality of Jobs in the U.S. Economy,"
Upjohn Working Papers and Journal Articles
snh19951, W.E. Upjohn Institute for Employment Research.
- Susan N. Houseman, 1995. "Job Growth and the Quality of Jobs in the U.S. Economy," Upjohn Working Papers and Journal Articles 95-39, W.E. Upjohn Institute for Employment Research.
- John Baldwin & W. Brown, 2004.
"Regional manufacturing employment volatility in Canada: The effects of specialisation and trade,"
Papers in Regional Science,
Springer;Regional Science Association International, pages 519-541.
- John Baldwin & W. Brown, 2004. "Regional manufacturing employment volatility in Canada: The effects of specialisation and trade," Economics of Governance, Springer, vol. 83(3), pages 519-541, July.
- Baldwin, John R. & Brown, W. Mark, 2003. "Regional Manufacturing Employment Volatility in Canada: The Effects of Specialization and Trade," Economic Analysis (EA) Research Paper Series 2003005e, Statistics Canada, Analytical Studies Branch.
- Michael E. Porter, 2000. "Location, Competition, and Economic Development: Local Clusters in a Global Economy," Economic Development Quarterly, , vol. 14(1), pages 15-34, February.
- Clark Don P. & Sawyer W. Charles & Sprinkle Richard L, 2005. "Revealed Comparative Advantage Indexes for Regions of the United States," Global Economy Journal, De Gruyter, vol. 5(1), pages 1-26, March.
- Cletus C. Coughlin, 2004. "The increasing importance of proximity for exports from U.S. states," Review, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis, issue Nov, pages 1-18.
- Jang Jin, 2002. "Exports and growth: is the export-led growth hypothesis valid for provincial economies?," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 34(1), pages 63-76.
- Mark Drabenstott, 2006. "Rethinking federal policy for regional economic development," Economic Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City, issue Q I, pages 115-142.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Olfert, R. & Berdegué, J. & Escobal, J. & Jara, B. & Modrego, F., 2011. "Places for Place-Based Policies," Working papers 079, Rimisp Latin American Center for Rural Development.
- Maribel Mojica & Tesfa Gebremedhin & Peter Schaeffer, 2009.
"An Empirical Analysis of the Link between Entrepreneurship and Economic Growth in West Virginia,"
Working Paper 2009-02, Regional Research Institute, West Virginia University.
- Mojica, Maribel N. & Gebremedhin, Tesfa G. & Schaeffer, Peter V., 2009. "An Empirical Analysis Of The Link Between Entrepreneurship And Economic Growth In West Virginia," 2009 Annual Meeting, January 31-February 3, 2009, Atlanta, Georgia 46723, Southern Agricultural Economics Association.
- repec:rri:wpaper:200904 is not listed on IDEAS
- whitney Oliver Peake & Maria I. Marshall, 2006. "What Do We Really Know About Entrepreneurs? An Analysis Of Nascent Entrepreneurs In Indiana," Working Papers 06-14, Purdue University, College of Agriculture, Department of Agricultural Economics.
- Sooriyakumar Krishnapillai & Henry Kinnucan, 2012. "The Impact Of Automobile Production On The Growth Of Non-Farm Proprietor Densities In Alabama'S Counties," Journal of Economic Development, Chung-Ang Unviersity, Department of Economics, vol. 37(3), pages 25-46, September.
- Maribel Mojica & Tesfa Gebremedhin & Peter Schaeffer, 2009. "A County-Level Assessment of Entrepreneurship and Economic Growth in Appalachia Using Simultaneous Equations," Working Papers Working Paper 2009-04, Regional Research Institute, West Virginia University.
- repec:rri:wpaper:200902 is not listed on IDEAS
- Barkley, David L., 2008. "Evaluations of Regional Competitiveness: Making a Case for Case Studies," The Review of Regional Studies, Southern Regional Science Association, vol. 38(2), pages 121-143.
- Faggian, Alessandra & Partridge, Mark & Malecki, Ed, 2016. "Creating an environment for economic growth: creativity, entrepreneurship or human capital?," MPRA Paper 71445, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Willis, David B. & Boys, Kathryn A. & Hughs, David W. & Swindall, Devin C., 2012. "Evaluating the Determinants of Self-Employed Income Across Regional Economies: A Case-Study of the U.S. Southeast," 2012 Annual Meeting, August 12-14, 2012, Seattle, Washington 124912, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Shrestha, Sundar S. & Goetz, Stephan J. & Rupasingha, Anil, 2007. "Proprietorship Formations and U.S. Job Growth," The Review of Regional Studies, Southern Regional Science Association, vol. 37(2), pages 146-168.
- Goetz, Stephan J., 2003. "Critical Development Issues In Rural Economies," Agricultural Outlook Forum 2003 33199, United States Department of Agriculture, Agricultural Outlook Forum.
- Yoon Lee & Maria Marshall, 2013. "Goal Orientation and Performance of Family Businesses," Journal of Family and Economic Issues, Springer, vol. 34(3), pages 265-274, September.
- repec:bla:coecpo:v:35:y:2017:i:4:p:700-715 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:sae:ecdequ:v:15:y:2001:i:1:p:58-70. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.