Testing the financial market informational efficiency in emerging states
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Dima, Bogdan & Barna, Flavia & Pirtea, Marilen, 2007. "Romanian Capital Market And The Informational Efficiency," MPRA Paper 5807, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Omay, Nazli C. & Karadagli, Ece C., 2010. "Testing Weak Form Market Efficiency for Emerging Economies: A Nonlinear Approach," MPRA Paper 27312, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Timmermann, Allan & Granger, Clive W. J., 2004. "Efficient market hypothesis and forecasting," International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, vol. 20(1), pages 15-27.
- Abraham Abraham, 2002. "Testing the Random Walk Behavior and Efficiency of the Gulf Stock Markets," The Financial Review, Eastern Finance Association, vol. 37(3), pages 469-480, August.
- Basu, Parantap & R. Morey, Matthew, 2005. "Trade Opening and the Behavior of Emerging Stock Market Prices," Journal of Economic Integration, Center for Economic Integration, Sejong University, vol. 20, pages 68-92.
- Otilia SARAMAT & Bogdan DIMA, 2011. "Testing the Weak-Form Informational Efficiency of United Kingdom, United States of America and Japan’s Capital Markets," Timisoara Journal of Economics, West University of Timisoara, Romania, Faculty of Economics and Business Administration, vol. 4(2(14)), pages 111-122.
- Grossman, Sanford J & Stiglitz, Joseph E, 1980.
"On the Impossibility of Informationally Efficient Markets,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 70(3), pages 393-408, June.
- Sanford J Grossman & Joseph E Stiglitz, 1997. "On the Impossibility of Informationally Efficient Markets," Levine's Working Paper Archive 1908, David K. Levine.
- Duc Khuong Nguyen & Mondher Bellalah, 2008. "Stock market liberalization, structural breaks and dynamic changes in emerging market volatility," Review of Accounting and Finance, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 7(4), pages 396-411, October.
- Pele, Daniel Traian & Voineagu, Virgil, 2008. "Testing Market Efficiency Via Decomposition Of Stock Return. Application To Romanian Capital Market," Journal for Economic Forecasting, Institute for Economic Forecasting, vol. 5(3), pages 63-79, September.
- Dragota, Victor & Mitrica, Eugen, 2004. "Emergent capital markets' efficiency: The case of Romania," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 155(2), pages 353-360, June.
- Virmantas Kvedaras & Olivier Basdevant, 2002. "Testing the efficiency of emerging markets: the case of the Baltic States," Bank of Estonia Working Papers 2002-9, Bank of Estonia, revised 10 Oct 2002.
- Guttler, Caio & Meurer, Roberto & Da Silva, Sergio, 2006. "Informational inefficiency of the Brazilian stockmarket," MPRA Paper 1980, University Library of Munich, Germany.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Batiston Marques, Thales & Seixas dos Santos, Nelson, 2016. "Do Political News Affect Financial Market Returns? Evidences from Brazil," MPRA Paper 75530, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Works, Richard Floyd, 2016. "Econometric modeling of exchange rate determinants by market classification: An empirical analysis of Japan and South Korea using the sticky-price monetary theory," MPRA Paper 76382, University Library of Munich, Germany.
More about this item
KeywordsEMH; information; tests; emerging markets;
- G14 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Information and Market Efficiency; Event Studies; Insider Trading
- D8 - Microeconomics - - Information, Knowledge, and Uncertainty
- G00 - Financial Economics - - General - - - General
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:rse:wpaper:v:4:y:2012:i:2:p:181-190. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Manuela Epure). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/pgsaaea.html .