Leadership Style in the Romanian Public Institutions – the Case of City Halls
In the public sector in Romania, leadership development has been addressed only rarely and briefly. Currently, Romania is unable to mobilize a large number of leaders because it has started gradual reform. The image or reputation of the organization and organizational culture must be assessed, controlled and directed towards achieving goals. In Romania, the future public leaders must first be identified, so public institutions should consider the leadership skills and recruit future leaders from among university graduates in the field. This paper aims to examine and show the meaningful aspects of a leader in the public administration. So, this research will show aspects of the influence of leadership and performance in public administration in Romania as well as the practice of the leadership function in a public institution, such as a city hall.
Volume (Year): 13 (2012)
Issue (Month): 1 (March)
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: 6 ROMANA PLACE, 70167 - BUCHAREST|
Web page: http://www.management.ase.ro/
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Alessandra Guariglia, "undated".
"Internal financial constraints, external financial constraints, and investment choice: Evidence from a panel of UK firms,"
07/03, University of Nottingham, Centre for Finance, Credit and Macroeconomics (CFCM).
- Guariglia, Alessandra, 2008. "Internal financial constraints, external financial constraints, and investment choice: Evidence from a panel of UK firms," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 32(9), pages 1795-1809, September.
- Chongyang Chen & Zhonglan Dai & Douglas Shackelford & Harold Zhang, 2011.
"Does Financial Constraint Affect Shareholder Taxes and the Cost of Equity Capital?,"
NBER Working Papers
17169, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Chongyang Chen & Zhonglan Dai & Douglas A. Shackelford & Harold H. Zhang, 2012. "Does Financial Constraint Affect Shareholder Taxes and the Cost of Equity Capital?," Working Papers 1202, Oxford University Centre for Business Taxation.
- Artur Morgado & Julio Pindado, 2003. "The Underinvestment and Overinvestment Hypotheses: an Analysis Using Panel Data," European Financial Management, European Financial Management Association, vol. 9(2), pages 163-177.
- Cleary, Sean & Povel, Paul & Raith, Michael, 2007.
"The U-Shaped Investment Curve: Theory and Evidence,"
Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis,
Cambridge University Press, vol. 42(01), pages 1-39, March.
- Sean Cleary & Paul Povel & Michael Raith, 2003. "The U-shaped Investment Curve: Theory and Evidence," Finance 0311010, EconWPA.
- Cleary, Sean & Povel, Paul E M & Raith, Michael, 2004. "The U-Shaped Investment Curve: Theory and Evidence," CEPR Discussion Papers 4206, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Steven N. Kaplan & Luigi Zingales, 1997. "Do Investment-Cash Flow Sensitivities Provide Useful Measures of Financing Constraints?," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 112(1), pages 169-215.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:rom:rmcimn:v:13:y:2012:i:1:p:66-80. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Marian Nastase)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.