Early-stage entrepreneurial aspirations in efficiency-driven economies
The aim of this article is to identify the influencing factors of early-stage entrepreneurial aspirations in efficiency-driven economies based on Global Entrepreneurship Monitor (GEM) Adult Population Survey (APS) database for the year 2008. Within the entrepreneurial aspirations the innovativeness of entrepreneurial businesses and the job growth expectations were studied.
Volume (Year): (2011)
Issue (Month): 2 (June)
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Casa Academiei, Calea 13, Septembrie nr.13, sector 5, Bucureşti 761172|
Phone: 004 021 3188148
Fax: 004 021 3188148
Web page: http://www.ipe.ro/
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Sander Wennekers & André van Wennekers & Roy Thurik & Paul Reynolds, 2005.
"Nascent Entrepreneurship and the Level of Economic Development,"
Small Business Economics,
Springer, vol. 24(3), pages 293-309, 04.
- Sander Wennekers & André Stel & Roy Thurik & Paul Reynolds, 2008. "Nascent entrepreneurship and the level of economic development," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 30(3), pages 325-325, March.
- Sander Wennekers & André van Stel & Roy Thurik & Paul Reynolds, 2005. "Nascent entrepreneurship and the level of economic development," Papers on Entrepreneurship, Growth and Public Policy 2005-14, Max Planck Institute of Economics, Entrepreneurship, Growth and Public Policy Group.
- Erkko Autio & Zoltan Acs, 2009. "Institutional Influences on strategic entrepreneurial Behaviours," Jena Economic Research Papers 2009-080, Friedrich-Schiller-University Jena.
- André van Stel & Kashifa Suddle & Andrew Burke & Chantal Hartog, 2008. "How does Entrepreneurial Activity Affect the Supply of Business Angels?," Scales Research Reports H200813, EIM Business and Policy Research.
- Amit, Raphael & MacCrimmon, Kenneth R. & Zietsma, Charlene & Oesch, John M., 2001. "Does money matter?: Wealth attainment as the motive for initiating growth-oriented technology ventures," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 16(2), pages 119-143, March.
- Siri Terjesen & László Szerb, 2008. "Dice thrown from the beginning? An empirical investigation of determinants of firm level growth expectations," Estudios de Economia, University of Chile, Department of Economics, vol. 35(2 Year 20), pages 153-178, December.
- Zoltan Acs & Sameeksha Desai & Leora Klapper, 2008.
"What does “entrepreneurship” data really show?,"
Small Business Economics,
Springer, vol. 31(3), pages 265-281, October.
- Russell Sobel & J. Clark & Dwight Lee, 2007. "Freedom, barriers to entry, entrepreneurship, and economic progress," The Review of Austrian Economics, Springer, vol. 20(4), pages 221-236, December.
- Nyström, Kristina, 2008.
"The Institutions of Economic Freedom and Entrepreneurship: Evidence from Panel Data,"
Ratio Working Papers
114, The Ratio Institute.
- Kristina Nyström, 2008. "The institutions of economic freedom and entrepreneurship: evidence from panel data," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 136(3), pages 269-282, September.
- Christian Bjørnskov & Nicolai J. Foss, 2006.
"Economic Freedom and entrepreneurial Activity Some Cross-Country Evidence,"
DRUID Working Papers
06-18, DRUID, Copenhagen Business School, Department of Industrial Economics and Strategy/Aalborg University, Department of Business Studies.
- Christian Bjørnskov & Nicolai Foss, 2008. "Economic freedom and entrepreneurial activity: Some cross-country evidence," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 134(3), pages 307-328, March.
- Marco van Gelderen & Roy Thurik & Jolanda Hessels, 2007. "Drivers of entrepreneurial aspirations at the country lever: the role of start-up motivations and social security," Scales Research Reports H200710, EIM Business and Policy Research.
- Kolvereid, Lars, 1992. "Growth aspirations among Norwegian entrepreneurs," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 7(3), pages 209-222, May.
- Ingrid Verheul & Linda van Mil, 2008. "What Determines the Growth Ambition of Dutch Early-Stage Entrepreneurs?," Scales Research Reports H200811, EIM Business and Policy Research.
- Jolanda Hessels & André Stel, 2011. "Entrepreneurship, export orientation, and economic growth," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 37(2), pages 255-268, September.
- Gavin Cassar, 2007. "Money, money, money? A longitudinal investigation of entrepreneur career reasons, growth preferences and achieved growth," Entrepreneurship & Regional Development, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 19(1), pages 89-107, January.
- Philipp Koellinger, 2008.
"Why are some entrepreneurs more innovative than others?,"
Small Business Economics,
Springer, vol. 31(1), pages 21-37, June.
- Koellinger, Ph.D., 2007. "Why Are Some Entrepreneurs More Innovative Than Others?," ERIM Report Series Research in Management ERS-2007-024-ORG, Erasmus Research Institute of Management (ERIM), ERIM is the joint research institute of the Rotterdam School of Management, Erasmus University and the Erasmus School of Economics (ESE) at Erasmus University Rotterdam.
- Acs, Zoltán J & Audretsch, David B & Braunerhjelm, Pontus & Carlsson, Bo, 2004. "The Missing Link: The Knowledge Filter and Entrepreneurship in Endogenous Growth," CEPR Discussion Papers 4783, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Benjamin Powell & Cortney Stephen Rodet, 2012. "Praise and Profits: Cultural and Institutional Determinants of Entrepreneurship," Journal of Private Enterprise, The Association of Private Enterprise Education, vol. 27(Spring 20), pages 19-42.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:rjr:romjef:v::y:2011:i:2:p:5-18. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Corina Saman)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.