The Analysis of Local Budgets and Their Importance in the Fight Against the Economic Crisis Effects
The purpose of this analysis is to assess the financial and budgetary performance of an administration. Therefore, the performance of the central and local administration is strongly connected to the capacity of controlling the expenses and to ensure the resources to cover it. Taking into consideration the economic crisis conditions, this performance can easily be turned into counter-performance, especially when the central and local authorities do not act in due time. The fight against the effects of the financial crisis implies diminution in the pressure generated by the central and local financing need combined with the growth in the performance of the authorities’ management. This means achieving the financial sustainability of the central budget and the autonomy of the local community based on the budgetary equilibrium, so that the local budget deficits should not become global. Thus, the financially autonomous local communities have to efficiently plan and manage the local income and expense budgets. The Holt-Winters model should offer a good tool in order to achieve this task.
Volume (Year): (2010)
Issue (Month): 5 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Phone: 004 021 3188148
Fax: 004 021 3188148
Web page: http://www.ipe.ro/
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Ioan Radu & Viorel Lefter & Minodora Ursacescu & Cleopatra Sendroiu & Mihai Cioc, 2009. "Drafting Multiannual Local Budgets by Economic-Mathematical Modelling of the Evolution of Revenues," Theoretical and Applied Economics, Asociatia Generala a Economistilor din Romania - AGER, vol. 1(01(530)), pages 45-60, January.
- Stefan Voigt & Lorenz Blume, 2009.
"The Economic Effects of Federalism and Decentralization - A Cross-Country Assessment,"
CESifo Working Paper Series
2766, CESifo Group Munich.
- Stefan Voigt & Lorenz Blume, 2012. "The economic effects of federalism and decentralization—a cross-country assessment," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 151(1), pages 229-254, April.
- Stefan Voigt & Lorenz Blume, 2009. "The Economic Effects of Federalism and Decentralization – A Cross-Country Assessment," MAGKS Papers on Economics 200905, Philipps-Universität Marburg, Faculty of Business Administration and Economics, Department of Economics (Volkswirtschaftliche Abteilung).
- Li, Zheng & Rose, John M. & Hensher, David A., 2010. "Forecasting automobile petrol demand in Australia: An evaluation of empirical models," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 44(1), pages 16-38, January.
- Alt, James E. & Lassen, David Dreyer, 2006. "Fiscal transparency, political parties, and debt in OECD countries," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 50(6), pages 1403-1439, August.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:rjr:romjef:v::y:2010:i:5:p:17-32. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Corina Saman)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.