Urban form and travel behavior: experience from a Nordic context
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- J F Brotchie, 1984. "Technological Change and Urban Form," Environment and Planning A, , vol. 16(5), pages 583-596, May.
- Yang, Jiawen, 2005. "Commuting Impacts of Spatial Decentralization: A Comparison of Atlanta and Boston," Journal of Regional Analysis and Policy, Mid-Continent Regional Science Association, vol. 35(1).
- Tim Schwanen & Patricia L Mokhtarian, 2004.
"The Extent and Determinants of Dissonance between Actual and Preferred Residential Neighborhood Type,"
Environment and Planning B,
, vol. 31(5), pages 759-784, October.
- Tim Schwanen & Patricia L Mokhtarian, 2004. "The extent and determinants of dissonance between actual and preferred residential neighborhood type," Environment and Planning B: Planning and Design, Pion Ltd, London, vol. 31(5), pages 759-784, September.
- Schwanen, Tim & Mokhtarian, Patricia L., 2003. "The Extent and Determinants of Dissonance Between Actual and Preferred Residential Neighborhood Type," University of California Transportation Center, Working Papers qt8728p24s, University of California Transportation Center.
- Petter NÆss & Ole Jensen, 2004. "Urban structure matters, even in a small town," Journal of Environmental Planning and Management, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 47(1), pages 35-57.
- Petter Naess & Synneve Lyssand Sandberg, 1996. "Workplace Location, Modal Split and Energy Use for Commuting Trips," Urban Studies, Urban Studies Journal Limited, vol. 33(3), pages 557-580, April.
- Genevieve Giuliano & Kenneth A. Small, 1993.
"Is the Journey to Work Explained by Urban Structure?,"
Urban Studies Journal Limited, vol. 30(9), pages 1485-1500, November.
- Giuliano, Genevieve & Small, Kenneth A., 1993. "Is the Journey to Work Explained by Urban Structure?," University of California Transportation Center, Working Papers qt2ss7x5b1, University of California Transportation Center.
- Susan Handy & Kelly Clifton, 2001. "Local shopping as a strategy for reducing automobile travel," Transportation, Springer, vol. 28(4), pages 317-346, November.
- Aguiléra, Anne & Wenglenski, Sandrine & Proulhac, Laurent, 2009. "Employment suburbanisation, reverse commuting and travel behaviour by residents of the central city in the Paris metropolitan area," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 43(7), pages 685-691, August.
- J F Brotchie, 1984. "Technological change and urban form," Environment and Planning A, Pion Ltd, London, vol. 16(5), pages 583-596, May.
- Veronique Van Acker & Frank Witlox & Bert Van Wee, 2007. "The Effects of the Land Use System on Travel Behavior: A Structural Equation Modeling Approach," Transportation Planning and Technology, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 30(4), pages 331-353, May.
- Colin Vance & Ralf Hedel, 2008. "On the Link Between Urban Form and Automobile Use: Evidence from German Survey Data," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 84(1), pages 51-65.
- Keyes, Dale L., 1976. "Energy and land use : An instrument of US conservation policy?," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 4(3), pages 225-236, September.
- Handy, Susan & Cao, Xinyu & Mokhtarian, Patricia L., 2005. "Correlation or causality between the built environment and travel behavior? Evidence from Northern California," University of California Transportation Center, Working Papers qt5b76c5kg, University of California Transportation Center.
- Joachim Scheiner & Christian Holz-Rau, 2007. "Travel mode choice: affected by objective or subjective determinants?," Transportation, Springer, vol. 34(4), pages 487-511, July.
More about this item
Keywordsurban form; travel behavior; population density; residences; workplaces;
- R40 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - Transportation Economics - - - General
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ris:jtralu:0080. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Arlene Mathison) or (). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/ctumnus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.