Effects of fixed capital investments on technical efficiency in food industry
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Jakob Vesterlund Olsen & Arne Henningsen, 2011. "Investment Utilisation, Adjustment Costs, and Technical Efficiency in Danish Pig Farms," IFRO Working Paper 2011/13, University of Copenhagen, Department of Food and Resource Economics.
- Kaltsas, Ioannis K. & Beamer, Bobby G., 1999. "Drawing The Profile Of Efficient Food Industries-Vertical Integration, Economies Of Scale, And Location Advantages In The Distribution Of Products: A Case Study From The Greek Food Industry," Journal of Food Distribution Research, Food Distribution Research Society, vol. 30(1), March.
- Plutarchos Sakellaris & Daniel J. Wilson, 2004.
"Quantifying Embodied Technological Change,"
Review of Economic Dynamics,
Elsevier for the Society for Economic Dynamics, vol. 7(1), pages 1-26, January.
- Plutarchos Sakellaris & Daniel J. Wilson, 2001. "Quantifying embodied technological change," Working Paper Series 2001-16, Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco.
- Sakellaris, Plutarchos & Wilson, Daniel J., 2002. "Quantifying embodied technological change," Working Paper Series 0158, European Central Bank.
- Meeusen, Wim & van den Broeck, Julien, 1977. "Efficiency Estimation from Cobb-Douglas Production Functions with Composed Error," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 18(2), pages 435-444, June.
- Catherine J. Morrison, 1997. "Structural Change, Capital Investment and Productivity in the Food Processing Industry," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 79(1), pages 110-125.
- Heshmati, Almas & Kumbhakar, Subal C. & Hjalmarsson, Lennart, 1995. "Efficiency of the Swedish pork industry: A farm level study using rotating panel data 1976-1988," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 80(3), pages 519-533, February.
- Hulten, Charles R, 1992. "Growth Accounting When Technical Change Is Embodied in Capital," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 82(4), pages 964-980, September.
- Battese, George E. & Coelli, Tim J., 1988. "Prediction of firm-level technical efficiencies with a generalized frontier production function and panel data," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 38(3), pages 387-399, July.
- Pitt, Mark M. & Lee, Lung-Fei, 1981. "The measurement and sources of technical inefficiency in the Indonesian weaving industry," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 9(1), pages 43-64, August.
- Schmidt, Peter & Sickles, Robin C, 1984. "Production Frontiers and Panel Data," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 2(4), pages 367-374, October.
- Nazrullaeva, Eugenia, 2010. "Modeling the relationship between investment processes and costs structure applied to Russian economic activities in 2005-2009," Applied Econometrics, Publishing House "SINERGIA PRESS", vol. 19(3), pages 38-61.
- Charles R. Hulten, 1992. "Growth Accounting When Technical Change is Embodied in Capital," NBER Working Papers 3971, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Aigner, Dennis & Lovell, C. A. Knox & Schmidt, Peter, 1977. "Formulation and estimation of stochastic frontier production function models," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 6(1), pages 21-37, July.
- Greene, William, 2005. "Reconsidering heterogeneity in panel data estimators of the stochastic frontier model," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 126(2), pages 269-303, June.
- Pinar Celikkol Geylani & Spiro E. Stefanou, 2008. "Linking Investment Spikes and Productivity Growth: U.S. Food Manufacturing Industry," Working Papers 08-36, Center for Economic Studies, U.S. Census Bureau.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Mogilat , Anastasia & Ipatova, Irina, 2016. "Technical efficiency as a factor of Russian industrial companies’ risks of financial distress," Applied Econometrics, Publishing House "SINERGIA PRESS", vol. 42, pages 05-29.
- Shchetynin, Yevhenii, 2015. "Effects of imports on technical efficiency in Russian food industry," Applied Econometrics, Publishing House "SINERGIA PRESS", vol. 37(1), pages 27-42.
- Ipatova, Irina, 2015. "The dynamics of total factor productivity and its components: Russian plastic production," Applied Econometrics, Publishing House "SINERGIA PRESS", vol. 38(2), pages 21-40.
- Mamonov, M. & Pestova, A., 2015. "The Technical Efficiency of National Economies: Do the Institutions, Infrastructure and Resources Rents Matter?," Journal of the New Economic Association, New Economic Association, vol. 27(3), pages 44-78.
- Ipatova, Irina & Peresetsky, Аnatoly, 2013. "Technical efficiency of Russian plastic and rubber production firms," Applied Econometrics, Publishing House "SINERGIA PRESS", vol. 32(4), pages 71-92.
More about this item
Keywordsstochastic frontier; fixed capital investment; firms; technical efficiency; food industry.;
- C12 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General - - - Hypothesis Testing: General
- C23 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Single Equation Models; Single Variables - - - Models with Panel Data; Spatio-temporal Models
- D22 - Microeconomics - - Production and Organizations - - - Firm Behavior: Empirical Analysis
- D24 - Microeconomics - - Production and Organizations - - - Production; Cost; Capital; Capital, Total Factor, and Multifactor Productivity; Capacity
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ris:apltrx:0196. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Anatoly Peresetsky). General contact details of provider: http://appliedeconometrics.cemi.rssi.ru/ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.