L’économiste et les confitures
Thoughts inspired by a fable written by Georges Duhamel entitled "Les Confitures", on the difficulties encountered by economists responsible for performing cost benefit analyses as well as on their role in society. Réflexions à partir d’une fable de Georges Duhamel intitulée « Les confitures », sur les difficultés auxquelles se heurtent les économistes qui se livrent à une analyse avantages-coûts et sur les exigences de leur rôle dans la société.
Volume (Year): 71 (1995)
Issue (Month): 3 (septembre)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.scse.ca/|
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- E Kula, 1981. "Future Generations and Discounting Rules in Public Sector Investment Appraisal," Environment and Planning A, , vol. 13(7), pages 899-910, July.
- Thomas Mayer, 1994.
"Why is there so much disagreement among economists?,"
Journal of Economic Methodology,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 1(1), pages 1-14.
- Mayer, T., 1993. "Why is there so Much Disagreement Among Economists?," Papers 93-20, California Davis - Institute of Governmental Affairs.
- Charles Blackorby, 1990. "Economic Policy in a Second-Best Environment," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 23(4), pages 748-771, November.
- Blackorby, C., 1990. "Economic Policy In A Second-Best Environment," G.R.E.Q.A.M. 90c01, Universite Aix-Marseille III.
- Krueger, Anne O, et al, 1991. "Report of the Commission on Graduate Education in Economics," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 29(3), pages 1035-1053, September.
- E Kula, 1981. "Future generations and discounting rules in public sector investment appraisal," Environment and Planning A, Pion Ltd, London, vol. 13(7), pages 899-910, July.
- Solow, Robert M, 1986. " On the Intergenerational Allocation of Natural Resources," Scandinavian Journal of Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 88(1), pages 141-149.
- Paul R. Portney, 1994. "The Contingent Valuation Debate: Why Economists Should Care," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 8(4), pages 3-17, Fall.
- Markandya, Anil & Pearce, David W, 1991. "Development, the Environment, and the Social Rate of Discount," World Bank Research Observer, World Bank Group, vol. 6(2), pages 137-152, July.
- Harberger, Arnold C, 1993. "The Search for Relevance in Economics," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 83(2), pages 1-16, May. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ris:actuec:v:71:y:1995:i:3:p:277-290. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Bruce Shearer)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.