Champ de spécialisation et revenu
An earnings function is defined for the highly qualified manpower in Canada in 1973. Education, experience and field of study, instead of occupation, are the arguments. By use of regression techniques it is shown that the third independent variable adds significantly to the explanation of the variance of earnings.
Volume (Year): 54 (1978)
Issue (Month): 1 (janvier-mars)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.scse.ca/|
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Link, Charles R, 1973. "The Quantity and Quality of Education and Their Influence on Earnings: The Case of Chemical Engineers," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 55(2), pages 241-47, May.
- David A. Dodge & David A. A. Stager, 1972. "Economic Returns to Graduate Study in Science, Engineering and Business," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 5(2), pages 182-98, May.
- Milton Friedman & Simon Kuznets, 1954. "Income from Independent Professional Practice," NBER Books, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc, number frie54-1, September.
- Morgenstern, Richard D, 1973. "Direct and Indirect Effects on Earnings of Schooling and Socio-Economic Background," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 55(2), pages 225-33, May.
- Bruce W. Wilkinson, 1966. "Present Values of Lifetime Earnings for Different Occupations," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 74, pages 556.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ris:actuec:v:54:y:1978:i:1:p:5-20. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Bruce Shearer)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.