Multivariate VaR: A Romanian Market study
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- PREMINGER, Arie & HAFNER, Christian, 2006.
"Deciding between GARCH and stochastic volatility via strong decision rules,"
LIDAM Discussion Papers CORE
2006042, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Hafner, C. & Preminger, A., 2010. "Deciding between GARCH and Stochastic Volatility via Strong Decision Rules," LIDAM Reprints ISBA 2010032, Université catholique de Louvain, Institute of Statistics, Biostatistics and Actuarial Sciences (ISBA).
- Yamai, Yasuhiro & Yoshiba, Toshinao, 2002. "Comparative Analyses of Expected Shortfall and Value-at-Risk: Their Estimation Error, Decomposition, and Optimization," Monetary and Economic Studies, Institute for Monetary and Economic Studies, Bank of Japan, vol. 20(1), pages 87-121, January.
- Jochen KRAUSE & Marc S. PAOLELLA, 2014. "A Fast, Accurate Method for Value at Risk and Expected Shortfall," Swiss Finance Institute Research Paper Series 14-40, Swiss Finance Institute.
- Ding, Zhuanxin & Granger, Clive W. J. & Engle, Robert F., 1993. "A long memory property of stock market returns and a new model," Journal of Empirical Finance, Elsevier, vol. 1(1), pages 83-106, June.
- Paul H. Kupiec, 1995. "Techniques for verifying the accuracy of risk measurement models," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 95-24, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- White, Halbert & Kim, Tae-Hwan & Manganelli, Simone, 2015.
"VAR for VaR: Measuring tail dependence using multivariate regression quantiles,"
Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 187(1), pages 169-188.
- Habert white & Tae-Hwan Kim & Simone Manganelli, 2012. "VAR for VaR: Measuring Tail Dependence Using Multivariate Regression Quantiles," Working papers 2012rwp-45, Yonsei University, Yonsei Economics Research Institute.
- Manganelli, Simone & White, Halbert & Kim, Tae-Hwan, 2015. "VAR for VaR: measuring tail dependence using multivariate regression quantiles," Working Paper Series 1814, European Central Bank.
- Paul Glasserman & Jingyi Li, 2005. "Importance Sampling for Portfolio Credit Risk," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 51(11), pages 1643-1656, November.
- Bollerslev, Tim, 1986.
"Generalized autoregressive conditional heteroskedasticity,"
Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 31(3), pages 307-327, April.
- Tim Bollerslev, 1986. "Generalized autoregressive conditional heteroskedasticity," EERI Research Paper Series EERI RP 1986/01, Economics and Econometrics Research Institute (EERI), Brussels.
- Lorenzo Cappiello & Robert F. Engle & Kevin Sheppard, 2006.
"Asymmetric Dynamics in the Correlations of Global Equity and Bond Returns,"
The Journal of Financial Econometrics, Society for Financial Econometrics, vol. 4(4), pages 537-572.
- Cappiello, Lorenzo & Engle, Robert F. & Sheppard, Kevin, 2003. "Asymmetric dynamics in the correlations of global equity and bond returns," Working Paper Series 204, European Central Bank.
- Philippe Artzner & Freddy Delbaen & Jean‐Marc Eber & David Heath, 1999. "Coherent Measures of Risk," Mathematical Finance, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 9(3), pages 203-228, July.
- Robert F. Engle & Simone Manganelli, 2004.
"CAViaR: Conditional Autoregressive Value at Risk by Regression Quantiles,"
Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 22, pages 367-381, October.
- Engle, Robert F & Manganelli, Simone, 1999. "CAViaR: Conditional Autoregressive Value at Risk by Regression Quantiles," University of California at San Diego, Economics Working Paper Series qt06m3d6nv, Department of Economics, UC San Diego.
- Robert Engle & Simone Manganelli, 2000. "CAViaR: Conditional Autoregressive Value at Risk by Regression Quantiles," Econometric Society World Congress 2000 Contributed Papers 0841, Econometric Society.
- Banihashemi, Shokoofeh & Navidi, Sarah, 2017. "Portfolio performance evaluation in Mean-CVaR framework: A comparison with non-parametric methods value at risk in Mean-VaR analysis," Operations Research Perspectives, Elsevier, vol. 4(C), pages 21-28.
- Xun Lu & Kin Lai & Liang Liang, 2014. "Portfolio value-at-risk estimation in energy futures markets with time-varying copula-GARCH model," Annals of Operations Research, Springer, vol. 219(1), pages 333-357, August.
- Lionel Martellini & Volker Ziemann, 2010. "Improved Estimates of Higher-Order Comoments and Implications for Portfolio Selection," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 23(4), pages 1467-1502, April.
- Taylor, James W., 2020. "Forecast combinations for value at risk and expected shortfall," International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, vol. 36(2), pages 428-441.
- Gonzalez-Rivera, Gloria & Lee, Tae-Hwy & Mishra, Santosh, 2004. "Forecasting volatility: A reality check based on option pricing, utility function, value-at-risk, and predictive likelihood," International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, vol. 20(4), pages 629-645.
- Jang, Bong-Gyu & Park, Seyoung, 2016. "Ambiguity and optimal portfolio choice with Value-at-Risk constraint," Finance Research Letters, Elsevier, vol. 18(C), pages 158-176.
- Jochen Krause & Marc S. Paolella, 2014. "A Fast, Accurate Method for Value-at-Risk and Expected Shortfall," Econometrics, MDPI, vol. 2(2), pages 1-25, June.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- d’Addona, Stefano & Khanom, Najrin, 2022. "Estimating tail-risk using semiparametric conditional variance with an application to meme stocks," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 82(C), pages 241-260.
- Slim, Skander & Koubaa, Yosra & BenSaïda, Ahmed, 2017. "Value-at-Risk under Lévy GARCH models: Evidence from global stock markets," Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money, Elsevier, vol. 46(C), pages 30-53.
- Manuela Braione & Nicolas K. Scholtes, 2016. "Forecasting Value-at-Risk under Different Distributional Assumptions," Econometrics, MDPI, vol. 4(1), pages 1-27, January.
- Stavroyiannis, S. & Makris, I. & Nikolaidis, V. & Zarangas, L., 2012. "Econometric modeling and value-at-risk using the Pearson type-IV distribution," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 22(C), pages 10-17.
- Szymon Lis & Marcin Chlebus, 2021. "Comparison of the accuracy in VaR forecasting for commodities using different methods of combining forecasts," Working Papers 2021-11, Faculty of Economic Sciences, University of Warsaw.
- David Happersberger & Harald Lohre & Ingmar Nolte, 2020. "Estimating portfolio risk for tail risk protection strategies," European Financial Management, European Financial Management Association, vol. 26(4), pages 1107-1146, September.
- Benjamin Mögel & Benjamin R. Auer, 2018. "How accurate are modern Value-at-Risk estimators derived from extreme value theory?," Review of Quantitative Finance and Accounting, Springer, vol. 50(4), pages 979-1030, May.
- Caporale, Guglielmo Maria & Zekokh, Timur, 2019.
"Modelling volatility of cryptocurrencies using Markov-Switching GARCH models,"
Research in International Business and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 48(C), pages 143-155.
- Guglielmo Maria Caporale & Timur Zekokh, 2018. "Modelling Volatility of Cryptocurrencies Using Markov-Switching Garch Models," CESifo Working Paper Series 7167, CESifo.
- Marc S. Paolella, 2017. "The Univariate Collapsing Method for Portfolio Optimization," Econometrics, MDPI, vol. 5(2), pages 1-33, May.
- Krzysztof Echaust & Małgorzata Just, 2021. "Tail Dependence between Crude Oil Volatility Index and WTI Oil Price Movements during the COVID-19 Pandemic," Energies, MDPI, vol. 14(14), pages 1-21, July.
- Nieto, María Rosa & Ruiz Ortega, Esther, 2008. "Measuring financial risk : comparison of alternative procedures to estimate VaR and ES," DES - Working Papers. Statistics and Econometrics. WS ws087326, Universidad Carlos III de Madrid. Departamento de Estadística.
- Trucíos, Carlos, 2019. "Forecasting Bitcoin risk measures: A robust approach," International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, vol. 35(3), pages 836-847.
- Nieto, Maria Rosa & Ruiz, Esther, 2016. "Frontiers in VaR forecasting and backtesting," International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, vol. 32(2), pages 475-501.
- Chebbi, Ali & Hedhli, Amel, 2022. "Revisiting the accuracy of standard VaR methods for risk assessment: Using the Copula–EVT multidimensional approach for stock markets in the MENA region," The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 84(C), pages 430-445.
- Fries, Christian P. & Nigbur, Tobias & Seeger, Norman, 2017. "Displaced relative changes in historical simulation: Application to risk measures of interest rates with phases of negative rates," Journal of Empirical Finance, Elsevier, vol. 42(C), pages 175-198.
- Wei Kuang, 2022. "Oil tail-risk forecasts: from financial crisis to COVID-19," Risk Management, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 24(4), pages 420-460, December.
- Gery Geenens & Richard Dunn, 2017. "A nonparametric copula approach to conditional Value-at-Risk," Papers 1712.05527, arXiv.org, revised Oct 2019.
- Assaf, Ata, 2015. "Value-at-Risk analysis in the MENA equity markets: Fat tails and conditional asymmetries in return distributions," Journal of Multinational Financial Management, Elsevier, vol. 29(C), pages 30-45.
- Stavros Degiannakis & Christos Floros & Alexandra Livada, 2012. "Evaluating value-at-risk models before and after the financial crisis of 2008: International evidence," Managerial Finance, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 38(3), pages 436-452, March.
- Szubzda Filip & Chlebus Marcin, 2019.
"Comparison of Block Maxima and Peaks Over Threshold Value-at-Risk models for market risk in various economic conditions,"
Central European Economic Journal, Sciendo, vol. 6(53), pages 70-85, January.
- Szubzda Filip & Chlebus Marcin, 2019. "Comparison of Block Maxima and Peaks Over Threshold Value-at-Risk models for market risk in various economic conditions," Central European Economic Journal, Sciendo, vol. 6(53), pages 70-85, January.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:rfb:journl:v:12:y:2020:i:1:p:79-95. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/ffasero.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Tatu Lucian (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/ffasero.html .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.