Testing the Turn-of-the-Year Effect on Baltic Stock Exchanges
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Sias, Richard W & Starks, Laura T, 1997. "Institutions and Individuals at the Turn-of-the-Year," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 52(4), pages 1543-1562, September.
- Reinganum, Marc R., 1983. "The anomalous stock market behavior of small firms in January : Empirical tests for tax-loss selling effects," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 12(1), pages 89-104, June.
- Ali F. Darrat & Bin Li & Benjamin Liu & Jen Je Su, 2011. "A Fresh Look at Seasonal Anomalies: An International Perspective," International Journal of Business and Economics, School of Management Development, Feng Chia University, Taichung, Taiwan, vol. 10(2), pages 93-116, August.
- Josef Lakonishok, Seymour Smidt, 1988. "Are Seasonal Anomalies Real? A Ninety-Year Perspective," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 1(4), pages 403-425.
- Francesco Guidi & Rakesh Gupta & Suneel Maheshwari, 2011.
"Weak-form Market Efficiency and Calendar Anomalies for Eastern Europe Equity Markets,"
Journal of Emerging Market Finance, Institute for Financial Management and Research, vol. 10(3), pages 337-389, December.
- Guidi, Francesco & Gupta, Rakesh & Maheshwari, Suneel, 2010. "Weak-form market efficiency and calendar anomalies for Eastern Europe equity markets," MPRA Paper 21984, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Guidi, Francesco & Gupta, Rakesh & Maheshwari, Suneel, 2011. "Weak-form market efficiency and calendar anomalies for Eastern Europe equity markets," Greenwich Papers in Political Economy 7275, University of Greenwich, Greenwich Political Economy Research Centre.
- Rozeff, Michael S. & Kinney, William Jr., 1976. "Capital market seasonality: The case of stock returns," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 3(4), pages 379-402, October.
- Ritter, Jay R, 1988. " The Buying and Selling Behavior of Individual Investors at the Turn of the Year," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 43(3), pages 701-717, July.
- Lisa R. Anderson & Jeffrey R. Gerlach & Francis J. DiTraglia, 2005. "Yes, Wall Street, There Is a January Effect! Evidence from Laboratory Auctions," Working Papers 15, Department of Economics, College of William and Mary.
- Keim, Donald B., 1983. "Size-related anomalies and stock return seasonality : Further empirical evidence," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 12(1), pages 13-32, June.
- Agrawal, Anup & Tandon, Kishore, 1994. "Anomalies or illusions? Evidence from stock markets in eighteen countries," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 13(1), pages 83-106, February.
- Chui, Andy C. W. & Wei, K. C. John, 1998. "Book-to-market, firm size, and the turn-of-the-year effect: Evidence from Pacific-Basin emerging markets," Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 6(3-4), pages 275-293, August.
- Gultekin, Mustafa N. & Gultekin, N. Bulent, 1983. "Stock market seasonality : International Evidence," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 12(4), pages 469-481, December.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Stefanescu, Răzvan & Dumitriu, Ramona, 2020. "Introducere în analiza anomaliilor calendaristice, Partea a doua [An Introduction to the Analysis of the Calendar Anomalies, Part 2]," MPRA Paper 97961, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Plastun, Alex & Sibande, Xolani & Gupta, Rangan & Wohar, Mark E., 2019.
"Rise and fall of calendar anomalies over a century,"
The North American Journal of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 49(C), pages 181-205.
- Alex Plastun & Xolani Sibande & Rangan Gupta & Mark E. Wohar, 2019. "Rise and Fall of Calendar Anomalies over a Century," Working Papers 201902, University of Pretoria, Department of Economics.
- Danny Yeung, 2012. "The Impact of Institutional Ownership: A Study of the Australian Equity Market," PhD Thesis, Finance Discipline Group, UTS Business School, University of Technology, Sydney, number 11, July-Dece.
- Françoise Le Quéré, 2010. "L’habillage de portefeuille par les gérants de fonds dans la littérature : incitations, effets et risques," Revue d'Économie Financière, Programme National Persée, vol. 97(2), pages 275-293.
- Suliman Zakaria Suliman Abdalla, 2015. "An Investigation of the Month-of-The-Year Effect for the Sudanese Stock Market," Working Papers 924, Economic Research Forum, revised Jun 2015.
- Stefanescu, Răzvan & Dumitriu, Ramona, 2016. "The impact of the Great Lent and of the Nativity Fast on the Bucharest Stock Exchange," MPRA Paper 89023, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 22 Dec 2016.
- Cameron Truong, 2013. "The January effect, does options trading matter?," Australian Journal of Management, Australian School of Business, vol. 38(1), pages 31-48, April.
- Andrew Coutts & Christos Kaplanidis & Jennifer Roberts, 2000. "Security price anomalies in an emerging market: the case of the Athens Stock Exchange," Applied Financial Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 10(5), pages 561-571.
- Françoise LE QUERE, 2008. "L'habillage de portefeuille par les gérants de fonds dans la littérature : incitations, effets et risques," LEO Working Papers / DR LEO 870, Orleans Economics Laboratory / Laboratoire d'Economie d'Orleans (LEO), University of Orleans.
- JOhnny Kang & Tapio Pekkala & Christopher Polk & Ruy Ribeiro, 2011.
"Stock prices under pressure; How tax and interest rates drive returns at the turn of the tax year,"
FMG Discussion Papers
dp671, Financial Markets Group.
- Kang, Johnny & Pekkala, Tapio & Polk, Christopher & Ribeiro, Ruy, 2011. "Stock prices under pressure: how tax and interest rates drive returns at the turn of the tax year," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 43096, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- James M. Poterba & Scott J. Weisbenner, 2001.
"Capital Gains Tax Rules, Tax‐loss Trading, and Turn‐of‐the‐year Returns,"
Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 56(1), pages 353-368, February.
- James M. Poterba & Scott J. Weisbenner, 1998. "Capital Gains Tax Rules, Tax Loss Trading and Turn-of-the-Year Returns," NBER Working Papers 6616, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Cristina Ortiz & Gloria Ramirez & Luis Vicente, 2010. "Quarterly return patterns in the Spanish stock market," Applied Financial Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 20(23), pages 1829-1838.
- Compton, William S. & Kunkel, Robert A., 1998. "A Tax-Free Exploitation of the Turn-of-the-Month Effect: C.R.E.F," Financial Services Review, Elsevier, vol. 7(1), pages 11-23.
- Rajesh Elangovan & Francis Gnanasekar Irudayasamy & Satyanarayana Parayitam, 2022. "Month-of-the-Year Effect: Empirical Evidence from Indian Stock Market," Asia-Pacific Financial Markets, Springer;Japanese Association of Financial Economics and Engineering, vol. 29(3), pages 449-476, September.
- Talla Al-Deehani, 2006. "Seasonality as an unobservable component: the case of Kuwait stock market," Applied Financial Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 16(6), pages 471-478.
- Carlos Francisco Alves & Duarte André de Castro Reis, 2018. "Evidence of Idiosyncratic Seasonality in ETFs Performance," FEP Working Papers 603, Universidade do Porto, Faculdade de Economia do Porto.
- Restocchi, Valerio & McGroarty, Frank & Gerding, Enrico, 2019. "Statistical properties of volume and calendar effects in prediction markets," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 523(C), pages 1150-1160.
- Urquhart, Andrew & McGroarty, Frank, 2014. "Calendar effects, market conditions and the Adaptive Market Hypothesis: Evidence from long-run U.S. data," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 35(C), pages 154-166.
- Seif, Mostafa & Docherty, Paul & Shamsuddin, Abul, 2017. "Seasonal anomalies in advanced emerging stock markets," The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 66(C), pages 169-181.
- Lynch, Andrew & Puckett, Andy & Yan, Xuemin (Sterling), 2014. "Institutions and the turn-of-the-year effect: Evidence from actual institutional trades," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 49(C), pages 56-68.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:rfb:journl:v:05:y:2013:i:2:p:145-154. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/ffasero.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Tatu Lucian (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/ffasero.html .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.