Price-setting Behaviour - Insights from Australian Firms
Since 2004, the RBA has been conducting a survey of how firms set prices, how frequently they review and change prices, and what factors influence these decisions. The results show that firms employ a range of approaches to price setting, with around half reviewing their prices at a regular interval. Early in the survey period, costs were the most important factor in price setting, though demand considerations became more important when economic conditions softened.
Volume (Year): (2010)
Issue (Month): (June)
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: GPO Box 3947, Sydney NSW 2001|
Web page: http://www.rba.gov.au/
More information through EDIRC
|Order Information:||Web: http://www.rba.gov.au/order-form/|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Hall, Simon & Walsh, Mark & Yates, Anthony, 2000. "Are UK Companies' Prices Sticky?," Oxford Economic Papers, Oxford University Press, vol. 52(3), pages 425-446, July.
- Silvia Fabiani & Martine Druant & Ignacio Hernando & Claudia Kwapil & Bettina Landau & Claire Loupias & Fernando Martins & Thomas Mathä & Roberto Sabbatini & Harald Stahl & Ad Stokman, 2006.
"What Firms' Surveys Tell Us about Price-Setting Behavior in the Euro Area,"
International Journal of Central Banking,
International Journal of Central Banking, vol. 2(3), September.
- Fabiani, Silvia & Hernando, Ignacio & Loupias, Claire & Mathä, Thomas Y. & Sabbatini, Roberto & Landau, Bettina & Stokman, Ad C.J. & Druant, Martine & Kwapil, Claudia & Stahl, Harald & Martins, Fernan, 2005. "The pricing behaviour of firms in the euro area: new survey evidence," Working Paper Series 535, European Central Bank.
- Fabiani, Silvia & Druant, Martine & Hernando, Ignacio & Kwapil, Claudia & Landau, Bettina & Loupias, Claire & Martins, Fernando & Matha, Thomas & Sabbatini, Roberto & Stahl, Harald & Stokman, Ad, 2006. "What Firms' Surveys Tell Us about Price-Setting Behavior in the Euro Area," MPRA Paper 808, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Silvia Fabiani & Martine Druant & Ignacio Hernando & Claudia Kwapil & Bettina Landau & Claire Loupias & Fernando Martins & Thomas Mathä & Roberto Sabbatini & Harald Stahl & Ad Stokman, 2005. "The pricing behaviour of firms in the Euro area: new survey evidence," Working Papers 0536, Banco de España;Working Papers Homepage.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:rba:rbabul:jun2010-02. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Paula Drew)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.