Corruption and Taxation in the New European Union Member States
This paper analyzes tax capacity and tax effort in new European Union member countries and (potential) candidate member countries. In addition, the paper explores the hypotheses of negative relationships between corruption and tax effort and between corruption and foreign direct investments. However likely these hypotheses are, the paper finds only very weak empirical evidence supporting them.
Volume (Year): 2 (2008)
Issue (Month): 2 (November)
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Web page: http://www.rau.ro/Email:
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Alan A. Tait & Wilfrid L. M. GrÃ¤tz & Barry J. Eichengreen, 1979. "International Comparisons of Taxation for Selected Developing Countries, 1972-76 (Comparaisons entre les systÃ¨mes fiscaux de certains pays en dÃ©veloppement, 1972-76) (Comparaciones internacionales d," IMF Staff Papers, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 26(1), pages 123-156, March.
- Raja J. Chelliah, 1971. "Trends in Taxation in Developing Countries (Les tendances de la fiscalitÃ© dans les pays en voie de dÃ©veloppement) (Tendencias tributarias en los paÃses en desarrollo)," IMF Staff Papers, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 18(2), pages 254-331, July.
- Roy W. Bahl, 1971. "A Regression Approach to Tax Effort and Tax Ratio Analysis (Analyse de l'effort et de la pression fiscale par la mÃ©thode de rÃ©gression) (Un estudio del esfuerzo tributario y de la presiÃ³n fiscal me," IMF Staff Papers, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 18(3), pages 570-612, November.
- M. Peter van der Hoek, 2003. "Tax Harmonization and Competition in the European Union," Taxation eJournal of Tax Research , ATAX, University of New South Wales.
- Janet Gale Stotsky & Asegedech WoldeMariam, 1997. "Tax Effort in Sub-Saharan Africa," IMF Working Papers 97/107, International Monetary Fund.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:rau:jisomg:v:2:y:2008:i:2:p:399-406. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Alex Tabusca)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.