Il “Manifesto” contro la disoccupazione nell’UE sette anni dopo: quali suggerimenti sono sempre attuali?
The article analyzes retrospectively after seven years the impact that the publication of the "Manifesto against unemployment in the EU" has had on economic policies enabled in the various European countries. On the supply side, it is recognized that many suggestions of the "Manifesto" were put into practice, such as are particularly significant reforms of the labor market recently adopted in Italy, Germany and France. Such reforms have introduced more flexibility in contracts of employment, which has favored the increase in employment and the decline in unemployment in all countries. Not so satisfactory, however, were the results achieved in the policies of aggregate demand management. The restrictive fiscal policies imposed by the requirements of the Maastricht criteria, in fact, has been matched by equally restrictive monetary policy of the ECB, which has made appreciate the euro and made ??European goods less competitive in the international market. Equally disappointing are judged regional development policies, for which we suggest a more appropriate use of the policy of tax incentives to attract new investment in underdeveloped areas.
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Mankiw, N. Gregory & Reis, Ricardo, 2003.
"What Measure of Inflation Should a Central Bank Target?,"
3415322, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- N. Gregory Mankiw & Ricardo Reis, 2003. "What Measure of Inflation Should a Central Bank Target?," Journal of the European Economic Association, MIT Press, vol. 1(5), pages 1058-1086, 09.
- N. Gregory Mankiw & Ricardo Reis, 2002. "What Measure of Inflation Should a Central Bank Target?," NBER Working Papers 9375, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- N. Gregory Mankiw & Ricardo Reis, 2002. "What Measure of Inflation Should a Central Bank Target?," Harvard Institute of Economic Research Working Papers 1984, Harvard - Institute of Economic Research.
- Mankiw, N. Gregory & Reis, Ricardo, 2002. "What measure of inflation should a central bank target?," Working Paper Series 0170, European Central Bank.
- Surico, Paolo, 2003.
"How does the ECB target inflation?,"
Working Paper Series
0229, European Central Bank.
- Truger, Achim & Schulten, Thorsten & Hein, Eckhard, 2004.
"Wage trends and deflation risks in Germany and Europe,"
WSI Discussion Papers
124, Wirtschafts- und Sozialwissenschaftliches Institut (WSI), Hans-Böckler-Stiftung.
- Eckhard Hein & Thorsten Schulten & Achim Truger, 2004. "Wage trends and deflation risks in Germany and Europe," Macroeconomics 0412008, EconWPA.
- Beniamino Moro, 2002. "Una politica fiscale regionale per lo sviluppo economico del Mezzogiorno," Rivista di Politica Economica, SIPI Spa, vol. 92(3), pages 395-442, May-June.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:psl:moneta:2005:26. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Carlo D'Ippoliti)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.