Maximum Score Type Estimators
This paper presents maximum score type estimators for linear, binomial, tobit and truncated regression models. These estimators estimate the normalized vector of slopes and do not provide the estimator of intercept, although it may appear in the model. Strong consistency is proved. In addition, in the case of truncated and tobit regression models, maximum score estimators allow restriction of the sample in order to make ordinary least squares method consistent.
Volume (Year): 1 (2009)
Issue (Month): 1 (March)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://cejeme.org/|
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Horowitz, Joel L., 2002. "Bootstrap critical values for tests based on the smoothed maximum score estimator," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 111(2), pages 141-167, December.
- Manski, Charles F., 1985. "Semiparametric analysis of discrete response : Asymptotic properties of the maximum score estimator," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 27(3), pages 313-333, March.
- Horowitz, Joel L, 1992. "A Smoothed Maximum Score Estimator for the Binary Response Model," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 60(3), pages 505-31, May.
- Manski, Charles F., 1975. "Maximum score estimation of the stochastic utility model of choice," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 3(3), pages 205-228, August.
- Jason Abrevaya & Jian Huang, 2005. "On the Bootstrap of the Maximum Score Estimator," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 73(4), pages 1175-1204, 07.
- Moon, Hyungsik Roger, 2004. "Maximum score estimation of a nonstationary binary choice model," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 122(2), pages 385-403, October.
- Greene, William H, 1981. "On the Asymptotic Bias of the Ordinary Least Squares Estimator of the Tobit Model," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 49(2), pages 505-13, March.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:psc:journl:v:1:y:2009:i:1:p:7-34. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Krzysztof Osiewalski)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.