Inference in Semiparametric Binary Response Models with Interval Data
This paper studies the semiparametric binary response model with interval data investigated by Manski and Tamer (2002, MT). In this partially identified model, we propose a new estimator based on MT's modified maximum score (MMS) method by introducing density weights to the objective function, which allows us to develop asymptotic properties of the proposed set estimator for inference. We show that the density-weighted MMS estimator converges to the identified set at a nearly cube-root-n rate. Further, we propose an asymptotically valid inference procedure for the identified region based on subsampling. Monte Carlo experiments provide supports to our inference procedure.
|Date of creation:||25 Jun 2013|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: 150 St. George Street, Toronto, Ontario|
Phone: (416) 978-5283
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Thierry Magnac & Eric Maurin, 2004.
"Partial Identification in Monotone Binary Models : Discrete Regressors and Interval Data,"
2004-11, Centre de Recherche en Economie et Statistique.
- Thierry Magnac & Eric Maurin, 2008. "Partial Identification in Monotone Binary Models: Discrete Regressors and Interval Data," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 75(3), pages 835-864.
- Magnac, Thierry & Maurin, Eric, 2004. "Partial Identification in Monotone Binary Models: Discrete Regressors and Interval Data," IDEI Working Papers 280, Institut d'Économie Industrielle (IDEI), Toulouse, revised Jan 2005.
- Thierry Magnac & Eric Maurin, 2008. "Partial Identification in Monotone Binary Models: Discrete Regressors and Interval Data," Post-Print halshs-00754272, HAL.
- Manski, Charles F., 1985. "Semiparametric analysis of discrete response : Asymptotic properties of the maximum score estimator," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 27(3), pages 313-333, March.
- Pagan,Adrian & Ullah,Aman, 1999.
Cambridge University Press, number 9780521586115, June.
- Horowitz, Joel L, 1992. "A Smoothed Maximum Score Estimator for the Binary Response Model," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 60(3), pages 505-31, May.
- Jason R. Blevins, 2013. "Non-Standard Rates of Convergence of Criterion-Function-Based Set Estimators," Working Papers 13-02, Ohio State University, Department of Economics.
- Andrews, Donald W K, 1994. "Asymptotics for Semiparametric Econometric Models via Stochastic Equicontinuity," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 62(1), pages 43-72, January.
- Jason Abrevaya & Jian Huang, 2005. "On the Bootstrap of the Maximum Score Estimator," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 73(4), pages 1175-1204, 07.
- Manski, Charles F., 1975. "Maximum score estimation of the stochastic utility model of choice," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 3(3), pages 205-228, August.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:tor:tecipa:tecipa-492. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (RePEc Maintainer)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.