S. M. E. et policy-mix dans la perspective del'U.E.M
[eng] This text investigates three explanations of 1992-1993 E.M.S. crises. It stresses on the effects of full capital market liberalization in a fixed exchange rates system, on the nature of credibility in the "new E.M.S." and finally on its change with the definition of convergence criteria. Emphasis is put particularly on fiscal aspects. In this new context, it appears that the problem for the E.M.S. in the road to E.M.U. is to find a new policy-mix which allows convergence and growth. [fre] au centre de trois canaux de déclenchement et de propagation des crises de 1992 et 1993: le potentiel déstabilisateur de la mobilité des capitaux dans un système de changes fixes, la crédibilité « surévaluée » du « nouveau S.M.E. » et les implications en matière de gestion des dettes publiques du choix des critères de convergence. La question qui se pose alors au S.M.E. est celle de la recherche d'un nouveau policy-mix mariant convergence et nécessité de croissance.
Volume (Year): 9 (1994)
Issue (Month): 3 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.persee.fr/collection/rfeco|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Aschauer, David Alan, 1989.
"Is public expenditure productive?,"
Journal of Monetary Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 23(2), pages 177-200, March.
- David Aschauer, 1988. "Is public expenditure productive?," Staff Memoranda 88-7, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago.
- Maurice Obstfeld, 1988. "Competitiveness, Realignment, and Speculation: The Role of Financial Markets," NBER Working Papers 2539, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Krugman, Paul, 1979. "A Model of Balance-of-Payments Crises," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 11(3), pages 311-325, August.
- Goodhart, Charles, 1990. "Economists' perspectives on the EMS : A review essay," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 26(3), pages 471-487, December. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:prs:rfreco:rfeco_0769-0479_1994_num_9_3_960. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Equipe PERSEE)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.