Peut-on expliquer les mouvements du dollar ?
[fre] Peut-on expliquer les mouvements du dollar ? Après avoir analysé un modèle théorique, avec anticipations rationnelles, pour le taux de change du dollar qui fait jouer un rôle aux interventions des Banques centrales, à la façon dont elles fixent les taux d'intérêt, ainsi qu'à l'évolution de la dette extérieure des États-Unis, on examine des résultats économétriques portant sur les taux d'intérêt et le change. On peut alors avoir une idée du fonctionnement du marché des changes, et du rôle respectif des anticipations et des caractéristiques des choix de portefeuille sur l'évolution du cours du dollar. [eng] In the exchange rate of the dollar ? We analyse a theoretical model with rational expectations, for the exchange rate of the dollar, when central banks interventions, the way they determine exchange rates and the evolution of the foreign debt of the United States play a central role. Econometric results concerning interest rates and the exchange rate permit to gain some insight on the functionning of the exchange market and on the relative effects of expectations and portfolio choices on the evolution of the dollar.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Volume (Year): 41 (1990)
Issue (Month): 6 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.persee.fr/collection/reco|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Kawai, Masahiro, 1985. "Exchange Rates, the Current Account and Monetary-Fiscal Policies in the Short Run and in the Long Run," Oxford Economic Papers, Oxford University Press, vol. 37(3), pages 391-425, September.
- Hans Genberg & Alexander K. Swoboda, 1989. "Policy and Current Account Determination under Floating Exchange Rates," IMF Staff Papers, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 36(1), pages 1-30, March.
- Sheen, Jeffrey, 1989. "Modelling the floating Australian dollar: Can the random walk be encompassed by a model using a permanent decomposition of money and output?," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 8(2), pages 253-276, June.
- Maurice Obstfeld, 1988. "The Effectiveness of Foreign-Exchange Intervention: Recent Experience," NBER Working Papers 2796, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Obstfeld, Maurice & Rogoff, Kenneth, 1984.
"Exchange Rate Dynamics with Sluggish Prices under Alternative Price-Adjustment Rules,"
International Economic Review,
Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 25(1), pages 159-74, February.
- Maurice Obstfeld & Kenneth S. Rogoff, 1983. "Exchange rate dynamics with sluggish prices under alternative price- adjustment rules," International Finance Discussion Papers 223, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Maurice Obstfeld & Kenneth Rogoff, 1983. "Exchange Rate Dynamics With Sluggish Prices Under Alternative Price-Adjustment Rules," NBER Working Papers 1173, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Laskar, Daniel, 1989. "Mobilité du capital et liquidité internationale en systèmes de change fixe alernatifs," CEPREMAP Working Papers (Couverture Orange) 8904, CEPREMAP.
- Mussa, Michael, 1979. "Empirical regularities in the behavior of exchange rates and theories of the foreign exchange market," Carnegie-Rochester Conference Series on Public Policy, Elsevier, vol. 11(1), pages 9-57, January.
- Frankel, Jeffrey A & Froot, Kenneth A, 1987.
"Using Survey Data to Test Standard Propositions Regarding Exchange Rate Expectations,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 77(1), pages 133-153, March.
- Frankel, Jeff & Froot, Ken, 1986. "Using Survey Data to Test Standard Propositions Regarding Exchange Rate Expectations," Department of Economics, Working Paper Series qt1972q8wm, Department of Economics, Institute for Business and Economic Research, UC Berkeley.
- Meese, Richard A. & Rogoff, Kenneth, 1983. "Empirical exchange rate models of the seventies : Do they fit out of sample?," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 14(1-2), pages 3-24, February.
- Bennett T. McCallum, 1980.
"Price Level Determinacy with an Interest Rate Policy Rule and Rational Expectations,"
NBER Working Papers
0559, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- McCallum, Bennett T., 1981. "Price level determinacy with an interest rate policy rule and rational expectations," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 8(3), pages 319-329.
- Papell, D.H., 1988.
"Expectations And Exchange Rate Dynamics After A Decade Of Floating,"
9, Houston - Department of Economics.
- Papell, David H., 1988. "Expectations and exchange rate dynamics after a decade of floating," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 25(3-4), pages 303-317, November.
- Meese, Richard A & Singleton, Kenneth J, 1982. " On Unit Roots and the Empirical Modeling of Exchange Rates," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 37(4), pages 1029-1035, September.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:prs:reveco:reco_0035-2764_1990_num_41_6_409251. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Equipe PERSEE)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.