A More Efficient Financial System for Improved Economic Performance : An Attempt at Identifying the Priorities
[eng] It is common wisdom that necessary conditions for economic performance are institutions that help the efficient production and distribution of goods and services. This rule applies also in financial sector. The authors surveyed the available evidence on the efficiency of judicial institutions and their effect on working of financial markets. They also analyse the link between good corporate laws, efficient enforcement of the laws and economic performance. Finally, two initiatives are studied : - a comparison of two bills that the Italian parliament is considering for the reform of the company code ; - the initiative for the creation across Europe of private credit bureaus and public credit registers. JEL classifications : G14, G28
Volume (Year): 62 (2001)
Issue (Month): 2 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.persee.fr/collection/ecofi|
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Richard Disney & Jonathan Haskel & Ylva Heden, 2003.
"Restructuring and productivity growth in uk manufacturing,"
Royal Economic Society, vol. 113(489), pages 666-694, 07.
- Disney, Richard F & Haskel, Jonathan & Heden, Ylva, 2000. "Restructuring And Productivity Growth In UK Manufacturing," CEPR Discussion Papers 2463, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- La Porta, Rafael & Lopez-de-Silanes, Florencio & Shleifer, Andrei & Vishny, Robert W., 1998.
"Law and Finance,"
3451310, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- Rafael LaPorta & Florencio Lopez de-Silanes & Andrei Shleifer & Robert W. Vishny, 1996. "Law and Finance," Harvard Institute of Economic Research Working Papers 1768, Harvard - Institute of Economic Research.
- Rafael LaPorta & Florencio Lopez-de-Silanes & Andrei Shleifer & Robert W. Vishny, . "Law and Finance," Working Paper 19451, Harvard University OpenScholar.
- Rafael La Porta & Florencio Lopez-de-Silane & Andrei Shleifer & Robert W. Vishny, 1996. "Law and Finance," NBER Working Papers 5661, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Armando Castelar Pinneiro & Célia Cabral, 1999. "Credit Markets in Brazil: The Role of Judicial Enforcement and Other Institutions," Research Department Publications 3066, Inter-American Development Bank, Research Department.
- Rafael LaPorta & Florencio Lopez-de-Silanes & Andrei Shleifer & Robert Vishny, .
"The Quality of Government,"
19452, Harvard University OpenScholar.
- Rafael La Porta & Florencio Lopez-de-Silanes & Andrei Shleifer & Robert Vishny, 1998. "The Quality of Goverment," NBER Working Papers 6727, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Andrei Shleifer & Robert W. Vishny, 1998. "The Quality of Government," Harvard Institute of Economic Research Working Papers 1847, Harvard - Institute of Economic Research.
- Chiuri, Maria Concetta & Jappelli, Tullio, 2000. "Financial Markets, Judicial Costs and Housing Tenure: An International Comparison," IRISS Working Paper Series 2000-04, IRISS at CEPS/INSTEAD.
- Lombardo, Davide & Pagano, Marco, 1999.
"Legal Determinants of the Return on Equity,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
2275, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Tullio Jappelli & Marco Pagano, 2000. "Information Sharing in Credit Markets: A Survey," CSEF Working Papers 36, Centre for Studies in Economics and Finance (CSEF), University of Naples, Italy.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:prs:recofi:ecofi_1767-4603_2001_num_62_2_4462. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Equipe PERSEE)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.