Macro level Determinants of Poverty: Investigation Through Poverty Mapping of Districts of Pakistan
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Klaas de Vos & M. Asghar Zaidi, 2001.
"Trends in consumption-based poverty and inequality in the European Union during the 1980s,"
Journal of Population Economics,
Springer;European Society for Population Economics, vol. 14(2), pages 367-390.
- Zaidi, M.A. & De Vos, K., 2000. "Trends in Consumption-Based Poverty and Inequality in the European Union During the 1980s," Economics Series Working Papers 9935, University of Oxford, Department of Economics.
- M. Asghar Zaidi & Klaas de Vos, 2000. "Trends in Consumption-Based Poverty and Inequality in the European Union During the 1980s," Economics Series Working Papers 35, University of Oxford, Department of Economics.
- Booysen, Frikkie & van der Berg, Servaas & Burger, Ronelle & Maltitz, Michael von & Rand, Gideon du, 2008. "Using an Asset Index to Assess Trends in Poverty in Seven Sub-Saharan African Countries," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 36(6), pages 1113-1130, June.
- Dariush Hayati & Ezatollah Karami & Bill Slee, 2006. "Combining Qualitative and Quantitative Methods in the Measurement of Rural Poverty: The Case of Iran," Social Indicators Research: An International and Interdisciplinary Journal for Quality-of-Life Measurement, Springer, vol. 75(3), pages 361-394, February.
- Salman Syed Ali & Sayyid Tahir, 1999. "Dynamics of Growth, Poverty, and Inequality in Pakistan," The Pakistan Development Review, Pakistan Institute of Development Economics, vol. 38(4), pages 837-858.
- Ravallion, Martin, 1996. "Issues in Measuring and Modelling Poverty," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 106(438), pages 1328-1343, September.
- Shahnawaz Malik, 1996. "Determinants of Rural Poverty in Pakistan: A Micro Study," The Pakistan Development Review, Pakistan Institute of Development Economics, vol. 35(2), pages 171-187.
- Rupasingha, Anil & Goetz, Stephan J., 2007. "Social and political forces as determinants of poverty: A spatial analysis," Journal of Behavioral and Experimental Economics (formerly The Journal of Socio-Economics), Elsevier, vol. 36(4), pages 650-671, August.
- Lucio Esposito & Enrica Chiappero Martinetti, 2010. "Multidimensional poverty: Restricted and unrestricted hierarchy among poverty dimensions," Journal of Applied Economics, Universidad del CEMA, vol. 13, pages 181-204, November.
- Haroon Jamal & Amir Jahan Khan, 2003. "The Changing Profile of Regional Inequality," The Pakistan Development Review, Pakistan Institute of Development Economics, vol. 42(2), pages 113-123.
- Haroon Jamal, 2005. "In Search of Poverty Predictors: The Case of Urban and Rural Pakistan," The Pakistan Development Review, Pakistan Institute of Development Economics, vol. 44(1), pages 37-55.
- Rashid Amjad & A.R. Kemal, 1997. "Macroeconomic Policies and their Impact on Poverty Alleviation in Pakistan," The Pakistan Development Review, Pakistan Institute of Development Economics, vol. 36(1), pages 39-68.
More about this item
KeywordsMeasurement and Analysis of Poverty; District Level Analysis; Pakistan;
- I32 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Welfare, Well-Being, and Poverty - - - Measurement and Analysis of Poverty
- O53 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economywide Country Studies - - - Asia including Middle East
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pid:journl:v:50:y:2011:i:4:p:895-911. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Khurram Iqbal). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/pideipk.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.