Scale and Scope Economies in Banking: A Case Study of the Agricultural Development Bank of Pakistan
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Gropper, Daniel M, 1991. "An Empirical Investigation of Changes in Scale Economies for the Commercial Banking Firm, 1979-1986," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 23(4), pages 718-727, November.
- Roller, Lars-Hendrik, 1990. "Proper Quadratic Cost Functions with an Application to the Bell System," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 72(2), pages 202-210, May.
- Baumol, William J, 1982. "Contestable Markets: An Uprising in the Theory of Industry Structure," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 72(1), pages 1-15, March.
- Berger, Allen N. & Hanweck, Gerald A. & Humphrey, David B., 1987.
"Competitive viability in banking : Scale, scope, and product mix economies,"
Journal of Monetary Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 20(3), pages 501-520, December.
- Allen N. Berger & Gerald A. Hanweck & David B. Humphrey, 1986. "Competitive viability in banking: scale, scope, and product mix economies," Research Papers in Banking and Financial Economics 82, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Willig, Robert D, 1979. "Multiproduct Technology and Market Structure," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 69(2), pages 346-351, May.
- Mitchell, Karlyn & Onvural, Nur M, 1996. "Economies of Scale and Scope at Large Commercial Banks: Evidence from the Fourier Flexible Functional Form," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 28(2), pages 178-199, May.
- Hunter, William C & Timme, Stephen G, 1986. "Technical Change, Organizational Form, and the Structure of Bank Production," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 18(2), pages 152-166, May.
- Adar, Zvi & Agmon, Tamir & Orgler, Yair E, 1975. "Output Mix and Jointness in Production in the Banking Firm," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 7(2), pages 235-243, May.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Ahmad, Usman, 2011. "Financial Reforms and Banking Efficiency: Case of Pakistan," MPRA Paper 34220, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Abdul Qayyum & Sajawal Khan, 2006. "X-efficiency, Scale Economies, Technological Progress, and Competition: The Banking Sector in Pakistan," The Pakistan Development Review, Pakistan Institute of Development Economics, vol. 45(4), pages 733-748.
- Abdul Qayyum & Sajawal Khan, 2007.
"X-efficiency, Scale Economies, Technological Progress and Competition : A Case of Banking Sector in Pakistan,"
Finance Working Papers
22217, East Asian Bureau of Economic Research.
- Abdul Qayyum & Sajawal Khan, 2007. "X-efficiency, Scale Economies, Technological Progress and Competition: A Case of Banking Sector in Pakistan," PIDE-Working Papers 2007:23, Pakistan Institute of Development Economics.
- Adiqa Kiani, 2005. "A Comparison of Domestic Vs Foreign Banks Using Stochastic Frontier Approach," Lahore Journal of Economics, Department of Economics, The Lahore School of Economics, vol. 10(2), pages 55-74, Jul-Dec.
- Qayyum, Abdul & Khan, Sajawal, 2006. "X-efficiency, scale economies, Technological Progress and Competition of Pakistani’s banks," MPRA Paper 2654, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 2006.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pid:journl:v:35:y:1996:i:3:p:203-213. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Khurram Iqbal). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/pideipk.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.