Exchange Rate Risk and the Bid-Ask Spread: A Seven Country Comparison
Download full text from publisherTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Jeffrey A. Frankel & Giampaolo Galli & Alberto Giovannini, 1996. "Introduction to "The Microstructure of Foreign Exchange Markets"," NBER Chapters, in: The Microstructure of Foreign Exchange Markets, pages 1-18, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Shang-Jin Wei, 1991.
"Anticipations of foreign exchange volatility and bid-ask spreads,"
International Finance Discussion Papers
409, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Shang-Jin Wei, 1994. "Anticipations of Foreign Exchange Volatility and Bid-Ask Spreads," NBER Working Papers 4737, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Sirimon Treepongkaruna & Tim Brailsford & Stephen Gray, 2014. "Explaining the bid-ask spread in the foreign exchange market: A test of alternate models," Australian Journal of Management, Australian School of Business, vol. 39(4), pages 573-591, November.
- Gianluca Marcato & Charles Ward, 2006. "Back from Beyond the Bid-Ask Spread: Perspectives on Liquidity," Real Estate & Planning Working Papers rep-wp2006-15, Henley Business School, Reading University.
- Khemraj, Tarron & Pasha, Sukrishnalall, 2008. "Foreign exchange market bid-ask spread and market power in an underdeveloped economy," MPRA Paper 11422, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Hau, Harald & Killeen, William & Moore, Michael, 2002. "The euro as an international currency: explaining puzzling first evidence from the foreign exchange markets," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 21(3), pages 351-383, June.
- Detken, Carsten & Hartmann, Philipp, 2000.
"The Euro and International Capital Markets,"
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 3(1), pages 53-94, April.
- Carsten Detken & Philipp Hartmann, 2000. "The Euro and International Capital Markets," EUI-RSCAS Working Papers 27, European University Institute (EUI), Robert Schuman Centre of Advanced Studies (RSCAS).
- Detken, Carsten & Hartmann, Philipp, 2000. "The euro and international capital markets," Working Paper Series 0019, European Central Bank.
- Detken, Carsten & Hartmann, Philipp, 2000. "The euro and international capital markets," CFS Working Paper Series 2000/09, Center for Financial Studies (CFS).
- Detken, Carsten & Hartmann, Philipp, 2000. "The Euro and International Capital Markets," CEPR Discussion Papers 2461, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Bollerslev, Tim & Domowitz, Ian & Wang, Jianxin, 1997. "Order flow and the bid-ask spread: An empirical probability model of screen-based trading," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 21(8-9), pages 1471-1491, June.
- Coelho dos Santos, Marcelo Bittencourt & Klotzle, Marcelo Cabus & Figueiredo Pinto, Antonio Carlos, 2016. "Evidence of risk premiums in emerging market carry trade currencies," Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money, Elsevier, vol. 44(C), pages 103-115.
- Detken, Carsten & Hartmann, Philipp, 2000. "The euro and international capital markets," Working Paper Series 19, European Central Bank.
- Hua, Mingshu, 2009. "A study on foreign exchange dealers' bid-ask spread quote behavior," Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 17(4), pages 506-523, September.
- Gianluca Marcato & Charles Ward, 2007.
"Back from Beyond the Bid–Ask Spread: Estimating Liquidity in International Markets,"
Real Estate Economics, American Real Estate and Urban Economics Association, vol. 35(4), pages 599-622, December.
- Gianluca Marcato & Charles Ward, 2007. "Back from Beyond the Bid-Ask Spread: Estimating Liquidity in International Markets," Real Estate & Planning Working Papers rep-wp2007-07, Henley Business School, Reading University.
- C. Yiu & S. Wong & K. Chau, 2009. "Transaction Volume and Price Dispersion in the Presale and Spot Real Estate Markets," The Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics, Springer, vol. 38(3), pages 241-253, April.
- Aliber, Robert Z. & Chowdhry, Bhagwan & Yan, Shu, 2000. "Transactions Costs in the Foreign Exchange Market," University of California at Los Angeles, Anderson Graduate School of Management qt4qw3p6rp, Anderson Graduate School of Management, UCLA.
- Hartmann, Philipp, 1998.
"Do Reuters spreads reflect currencies' differences in global trading activity?,"
Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 17(5), pages 757-784, October.
- Philipp Hartmann, 1997. "Does Reuters Spreads Reflect Currencies Differences in Global Trading Activity?," FMG Discussion Papers dp265, Financial Markets Group.
- Torbjorn I. Becker & Amadou N Sy, 2005. "Were Bid-Ask Spreads in the Foreign Exchange Market Excessive During the Asian Crisis?," IMF Working Papers 05/34, International Monetary Fund.
- Alex Frino & Elvis Jarnecic & Hui Zheng, 2010. "Activity in futures: does underlying market size relate to futures trading volume?," Review of Quantitative Finance and Accounting, Springer, vol. 34(3), pages 313-325, April.
- Ali Kutan & Su Zhou, 1995. "Sociopolitical instability, volatility, and the bid-ask spread: Evidence from the free market for dollars in Poland," Open Economies Review, Springer, vol. 6(3), pages 225-236, July.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:oup:ecinqu:v:26:y:1988:i:3:p:485-92. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Oxford University Press) The email address of this maintainer does not seem to be valid anymore. Please ask Oxford University Press to update the entry or send us the correct email address or (Christopher F. Baum). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/weaaaea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.