Wal-Mart and Social Capital
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
Blog mentionsAs found by EconAcademics.org, the blog aggregator for Economics research:
- Locally owned businesses can help communities thrive â€” and survive climate change
by Stacy Mitchell in Grist Business and Technology on 2013-04-26 16:25:54
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Seong-Hoon Cho & Suhyun Jung & Roland K. Roberts & Seung Gyu Kim, 2012. "Interrelationship between poverty and the wildland--urban interface in metropolitan areas of the Southern US," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 44(11), pages 1405-1416, April.
- Pope, Devin G. & Pope, Jaren C., 2015.
"When Walmart comes to town: Always low housing prices? Always?,"
Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 87(C), pages 1-13.
- Devin G. Pope & Jaren C. Pope, 2012. "When Walmart Comes to Town: Always Low Housing Prices? Always?," NBER Working Papers 18111, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Gian-Claudia Sciara & Kristin Lovejoy & Susan Handy, 2018. "The Impacts of Big Box Retail on Downtown: A Case Study of Target in Davis (CA)," Journal of the American Planning Association, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 84(1), pages 45-60, January.
- Michael Hicks, 2015. "Does Wal-Mart Cause an Increase in Anti-Poverty Expenditures?," Social Science Quarterly, Southwestern Social Science Association, vol. 96(4), pages 1136-1152, December.
- Wolz, Axel & Fritzsch, Jana & Shterev, Nikolai & Buchenrieder, Gertrud & Paloma, Sergio Gomez y, 2010. "Semi-Subsistence Farming, Farm Income and Social Capital in Bulgaria – Is there a Link?," Quarterly Journal of International Agriculture, Humboldt-Universitaat zu Berlin, vol. 49(4), pages 1-14.
- Charles Courtemanche & Art Carden, 2014.
"Competing with Costco and Sam's Club: Warehouse Club Entry and Grocery Prices,"
Southern Economic Journal, John Wiley & Sons, vol. 80(3), pages 565-585, January.
- Courtemanche, Charles & Carden, Art, 2011. "Competing with Costco and Sam's Club: Warehouse Club Entry and Grocery Prices," UNCG Economics Working Papers 11-7, University of North Carolina at Greensboro, Department of Economics.
- Charles J. Courtemanche & Art Carden, 2011. "Competing with Costco and Sam's Club: Warehouse Club Entry and Grocery Prices," NBER Working Papers 17220, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Charles J. Courtemanche & Art Carden & Murugi Ndirangu & Xilin Zhou, 2018.
"Do Walmart Supercenters Improve Food Security?,"
NBER Working Papers
24750, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Courtemanche, Charles & Carden, Art & Zhou, Xilin & Ndirangu, Murugi, 2018. "Do Walmart Supercenters Improve Food Security?," IZA Discussion Papers 11589, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Charles Courtemanche & Art Carden & Xilin Zhou & Murugi Ndirangu, 2018. "Do Walmart Supercenters Improve Food Security?," Working Papers 18-31, Center for Economic Studies, U.S. Census Bureau.
- Park, Timothy A., 2008.
"Evaluating Labor Productivity in Food Retailing,"
Agricultural and Resource Economics Review, Northeastern Agricultural and Resource Economics Association, vol. 37(2), pages 1-13.
- Park, Timothy A., 2007. "Evaluating Labor Productivity in Food Retailing," 2007 Annual Meeting, July 29-August 1, 2007, Portland, Oregon 9939, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Courtemanche, Charles & Carden, Art, 2009. "The skinny on big box retailing: Wal-Mart, warehouse clubs, and obesity," MPRA Paper 25326, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Donald Vandegrift, 2016. "The effect of Walmart and Target on property tax rates," Letters in Spatial and Resource Sciences, Springer, vol. 9(3), pages 309-327, October.
- Courtemanche, Charles & Carden, Art, 2011.
"Supersizing supercenters? The impact of Walmart Supercenters on body mass index and obesity,"
Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 69(2), pages 165-181, March.
- Courtemanche, Charles & Carden, Art, 2008. "Supersizing Supercenters? The Impact of Wal-Mart Supercenters on Body Mass Index and Obesity," UNCG Economics Working Papers 09-3, University of North Carolina at Greensboro, Department of Economics, revised 01 Jan 2010.
- Art Carden & Charles Courtemanche, 2009. "Wal‐Mart, Leisure, And Culture," Contemporary Economic Policy, Western Economic Association International, vol. 27(4), pages 450-461, October.
- Steven C. Deller & Melissa A. Deller, 2010. "Rural Crime and Social Capital," Growth and Change, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 41(2), pages 221-275, June.
- Donald Vandegrift & John Loyer, 2015. "The Effect Of Walmart And Target On The Tax Base: Evidence From New Jersey," Journal of Regional Science, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 55(2), pages 159-187, March.
- Wolz, Axel & Fritzsch, Jana & Buchenrieder, Gertrud & Nedoborovskyy, Andriy, 2008. "Market Integration of Household Plots in Ukraine - The Impact of Social Capital," 2008 International Congress, August 26-29, 2008, Ghent, Belgium 43842, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- David A. Fleming & Stephan J. Goetz, 2011. "Does Local Firm Ownership Matter?," Economic Development Quarterly, , vol. 25(3), pages 277-281, August.
- Wolz, A. & Fritzsch, J. & Buchenrieder, G. & Nedoborovskyy, A. & Zinovchuk, V., 2009.
"Farm Income Among Household Plot Farmers in Ukraine – The impact of Social Capital,"
Proceedings “Schriften der Gesellschaft für Wirtschafts- und Sozialwissenschaften des Landbaues e.V.”, German Association of Agricultural Economists (GEWISOLA), vol. 44, March.
- Wolz, Axel & Fritzsch, Jana & Buchenrieder, Gertrud & Nedoborovskyy, Andriy & Zinovchuk, Vitaly, 2008. "Farm Income Among Housuehold Plot Farmers In Ukraine – The Impact Of Social Capital," 48th Annual Conference, Bonn, Germany, September 24-26, 2008 52668, German Association of Agricultural Economists (GEWISOLA).
- Jane Dixon & Bronwyn Isaacs, 2013. "There’s certainly a lot of hurting out there: navigating the trolley of progress down the supermarket aisle," Agriculture and Human Values, Springer;The Agriculture, Food, & Human Values Society (AFHVS), vol. 30(2), pages 283-297, June.
- Alessandro Bonanno & Stephan J. Goetz, 2012. "WalMart and Local Economic Development," Economic Development Quarterly, , vol. 26(4), pages 285-297, November.
- Michael J. Hicks & Stanley R. Keil & Lee C. Spector, 2012. "Mom-and-Pops or Big Box Stores," Economic Development Quarterly, , vol. 26(4), pages 311-320, November.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:oup:ajagec:v:88:y:2006:i:5:p:1304-1310. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/aaeaaea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no bibliographic references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Oxford University Press or Christopher F. Baum (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/aaeaaea.html .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.