Wal-Mart and Social Capital
No abstract is available for this item.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Volume (Year): 88 (2006)
Issue (Month): 5 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: 555 East Wells Street, Suite 1100, Milwaukee, Wisconsin 53202|
Phone: (414) 918-3190
Fax: (414) 276-3349
Web page: http://www.aaea.org/
More information through EDIRC
Blog mentionsAs found by EconAcademics.org, the blog aggregator for Economics research:
- Locally owned businesses can help communities thrive â€” and survive climate change
by Stacy Mitchell in Grist Business and Technology on 2013-04-26 11:25:54
- Seong-Hoon Cho & Suhyun Jung & Roland K. Roberts & Seung Gyu Kim, 2012. "Interrelationship between poverty and the wildland--urban interface in metropolitan areas of the Southern US," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 44(11), pages 1405-1416, April.
- Charles Courtemanche & Art Carden, 2014.
"Competing with Costco and Sam's Club: Warehouse Club Entry and Grocery Prices,"
Southern Economic Journal,
Southern Economic Association, vol. 80(3), pages 565-585, January.
- Charles J. Courtemanche & Art Carden, 2011. "Competing with Costco and Sam's Club: Warehouse Club Entry and Grocery Prices," NBER Working Papers 17220, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Courtemanche, Charles & Carden, Art, 2011. "Competing with Costco and Sam's Club: Warehouse Club Entry and Grocery Prices," Working Papers 11-7, University of North Carolina at Greensboro, Department of Economics.
- Pope, Devin G. & Pope, Jaren C., 2015. "When Walmart comes to town: Always low housing prices? Always?," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 87(C), pages 1-13.
- Devin G. Pope & Jaren C. Pope, 2012. "When Walmart Comes to Town: Always Low Housing Prices? Always?," NBER Working Papers 18111, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Park, Timothy A., 2008. "Evaluating Labor Productivity in Food Retailing," Agricultural and Resource Economics Review, Cambridge University Press, vol. 37(02), pages 288-300, October.
- Park, Timothy A., 2008. "Evaluating Labor Productivity in Food Retailing," Agricultural and Resource Economics Review, Northeastern Agricultural and Resource Economics Association, vol. 37(2), October.
- Park, Timothy A., 2007. "Evaluating Labor Productivity in Food Retailing," 2007 Annual Meeting, July 29-August 1, 2007, Portland, Oregon TN 9939, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Courtemanche, Charles & Carden, Art, 2011. "Supersizing supercenters? The impact of Walmart Supercenters on body mass index and obesity," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 69(2), pages 165-181, March.
- Courtemanche, Charles & Carden, Art, 2008. "Supersizing Supercenters? The Impact of Wal-Mart Supercenters on Body Mass Index and Obesity," Working Papers 09-3, University of North Carolina at Greensboro, Department of Economics, revised 29 Jan 2009.
- Steven C. Deller & Melissa A. Deller, 2010. "Rural Crime and Social Capital," Growth and Change, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 41(2), pages 221-275.
- Wolz, Axel & Fritzsch, Jana & Shterev, Nikolai & Buchenrieder, Gertrud & Paloma, Sergio Gomez y, 0. "Semi-Subsistence Farming, Farm Income and Social Capital in Bulgaria â€“ Is there a Link?," Quarterly Journal of International Agriculture, Humboldt-UniversitÃ¤t zu Berlin, vol. 49.
- Wolz, Axel & Fritzsch, Jana & Buchenrieder, Gertrud & Nedoborovskyy, Andriy, 2008. "Market Integration of Household Plots in Ukraine - The Impact of Social Capital," 2008 International Congress, August 26-29, 2008, Ghent, Belgium 43842, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Jane Dixon & Bronwyn Isaacs, 2013. "There’s certainly a lot of hurting out there: navigating the trolley of progress down the supermarket aisle," Agriculture and Human Values, Springer;The Agriculture, Food, & Human Values Society (AFHVS), vol. 30(2), pages 283-297, June.
- Courtemanche, Charles & Carden, Art, 2009. "The skinny on big box retailing: Wal-Mart, warehouse clubs, and obesity," MPRA Paper 25326, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Donald Vandegrift, 2016. "The effect of Walmart and Target on property tax rates," Letters in Spatial and Resource Sciences, Springer, vol. 9(3), pages 309-327, October.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:oup:ajagec:v:88:y:2006:i:5:p:1304-1310. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Oxford University Press)or (Christopher F. Baum)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.
Follow series, journals, authors & more
New papers by email
Subscribe to new additions to RePEc
Public profiles for Economics researchers
Various rankings of research in Economics & related fields
Who was a student of whom, using RePEc
Curated articles & papers on various economics topics
Upload your paper to be listed on RePEc and IDEAS
Blog aggregator for economics research
Cases of plagiarism in Economics
Job Market Papers
RePEc working paper series dedicated to the job market
Pretend you are at the helm of an economics department
Services from the StL Fed
Data, research, apps & more from the St. Louis Fed