The Cost of Sea Turtle Preservation: The Case of Hawaii's Pelagic Longliners
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Hicks, Robert L. & Holland, Daniel S. & Kuriyama, Peter T. & Schnier, Kurt E., 2020. "Choice sets for spatial discrete choice models in data rich environments," Resource and Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 60(C).
- Gong, Binlei, 2018.
"Interstate competition in agriculture: Cheer or fear? Evidence from the United States and China,"
Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 81(C), pages 37-47.
- Gong, B., 2018. "Interstate Competition in Agriculture: Cheer or Fear? Evidence from the United States and China," 2018 Conference, July 28-August 2, 2018, Vancouver, British Columbia 277462, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Hicks, Robert L. & Schnier, Kurt E., 2006.
"A Spatial Model of Dolphin Avoidance in the Eastern Tropical Pacific Ocean,"
2006 Annual meeting, July 23-26, Long Beach, CA
21290, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Robert L. Hicks & Kurt Schnier, 2006. "A Spatial Model of Dolphin Avoidance in the Eastern Tropical Pacific Ocean," Working Papers 25, Department of Economics, College of William and Mary.
- Stafford, Tess M., 2018. "Accounting for outside options in discrete choice models: An application to commercial fishing effort," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 88(C), pages 159-179.
- Garth Holloway & Donald Lacombe & James P. LeSage, 2007.
"Spatial Econometric Issues for Bio‐Economic and Land‐Use Modelling,"
Journal of Agricultural Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 58(3), pages 549-588, September.
- Holloway, Garth J. & Lacombe, Donald J. & LeSage, James P., 2006. "Spatial Econometric Issues for Bio-Economic and Land-Use Modeling," 2006 Annual Meeting, August 12-18, 2006, Queensland, Australia 25525, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Sultan, Riad, 2020. "Fishing location choice and risk preferences among small fishers – Implications for fisheries management policies," African Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, African Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 15(2), June.
- Haynie, Alan C. & Hicks, Robert L. & Schnier, Kurt E., 2009.
"Common property, information, and cooperation: Commercial fishing in the Bering Sea,"
Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 69(2), pages 406-413, December.
- Robert H. Hicks & Alan C. Haynie & Kurt E. Schnier, 2008. "Common Property, Information, and Cooperation: Commercial Fishing in the Bering Sea," Working Papers 80, Department of Economics, College of William and Mary.
- Hutniczak, Barbara & Münch, Angela, 2018. "Fishermen's location choice under spatio-temporal update of expectations," Journal of choice modelling, Elsevier, vol. 28(C), pages 124-136.
- Hicks, Robert L. & Schnier, Kurt E., 2010. "Spatial regulations and endogenous consideration sets in fisheries," Resource and Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 32(2), pages 117-134, April.
- Smith, Martin D. & Zhang, Junjie & Coleman, Felicia C., 2008. "Econometric modeling of fisheries with complex life histories: Avoiding biological management failures," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 55(3), pages 265-280, May.
- Smith, Martin D. & Provencher, Bill, 2003. "Spatial Search In Commercial Fishing: A Discrete Choice Dynamic Programming Approach," 2003 Annual meeting, July 27-30, Montreal, Canada 21932, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- McConnell, Kenneth E. & Price, Michael, 2006. "The lay system in commercial fisheries: Origin and implications," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 51(3), pages 295-307, May.
- Pradhan, Naresh C. & Leung, PingSun, 2006. "Incorporating sea turtle interactions in a multi-objective programming model for Hawaii's longline fishery," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 60(1), pages 216-227, November.
- Hicks, Robert L. & Schnier, Kurt E., 2008. "Eco-labeling and dolphin avoidance: A dynamic model of tuna fishing in the Eastern Tropical Pacific," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 56(2), pages 103-116, September.
- Martin Smith & James Wilen, 2005. "Heterogeneous and Correlated Risk Preferences in Commercial Fishermen: The Perfect Storm Dilemma," Journal of Risk and Uncertainty, Springer, vol. 31(1), pages 53-71, July.
- Abbott, Joshua K. & Wilen, James E., 2011. "Dissecting the tragedy: A spatial model of behavior in the commons," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 62(3), pages 386-401.
- Martin D. Smith, 2002. "Two Econometric Approaches for Predicting the Spatial Behavior of Renewable Resource Harvesters," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 78(4), pages 522-538.
- C. Haynie, Alan & F. Layton, David, 2010. "An expected profit model for monetizing fishing location choices," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 59(2), pages 165-176, March.
- Maxwell, Sara M. & Hazen, Elliott L. & Lewison, Rebecca L. & Dunn, Daniel C. & Bailey, Helen & Bograd, Steven J. & Briscoe, Dana K. & Fossette, Sabrina & Hobday, Alistair J. & Bennett, Meredith & Bens, 2015. "Dynamic ocean management: Defining and conceptualizing real-time management of the ocean," Marine Policy, Elsevier, vol. 58(C), pages 42-50.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:oup:ajagec:v:82:y:2000:i:5:p:1191-1197. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Oxford University Press) The email address of this maintainer does not seem to be valid anymore. Please ask Oxford University Press to update the entry or send us the correct email address or (Christopher F. Baum). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/aaeaaea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.