Model of Vertical Marketing System in Retail Distribution
Fierce market competition among leading retailers asserts different models of market appearance and cooperation with suppliers. Vertical integration, as a kind of cooperation could range from one-hand transactions to mutual investments in specific assets. From a theoretical point of view the stages of integration at the end of distribution channel reflect on retailer's power and his need for resources. The importance of the paper is set by contemplation on integration factors by the modeling method. The factors like costs, responsibility, risk, margin, and function performance in the channel will be examined. The position of the partner that can be settled in the model could range from conventional contracting to full vertical integration, depending on the volume of the execution of marketing activities. The contribution of descriptive model could be a kind of recommendation to leading retailers in a way to introduce more proper forms of cooperation with suppliers.
Volume (Year): 5 (2009)
Issue (Month): ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Phone: 031 224 400
Fax: 031 211 604
Web page: http://www.efos.unios.hr
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Grossman, Sanford J. & Hart, Oliver D., 1986.
"The Costs and Benefits of Ownership: A Theory of Vertical and Lateral Integration,"
3450060, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- Grossman, Sanford J & Hart, Oliver D, 1986. "The Costs and Benefits of Ownership: A Theory of Vertical and Lateral Integration," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 94(4), pages 691-719, August.
- Grossman, Sanford J & Hart, Oliver, 1985. "The Cost and Benefits of Ownership: A Theory of Vertical and Lateral Integration," CEPR Discussion Papers 70, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Oliver Hart & Sanford Grossman, 1985. "The Costs and Benefits of Ownership: A Theory of Vertical and Lateral Integration," Working papers 372, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Department of Economics.
- Klein, Benjamin & Crawford, Robert G & Alchian, Armen A, 1978. "Vertical Integration, Appropriable Rents, and the Competitive Contracting Process," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 21(2), pages 297-326, October.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:osi:journl:v:5:y:2009:p:627-637. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Branko Matic, PhD)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.