A Review Of Tourism And Hospitality Innovation Research
Innovation plays a vital role in a company'(tm)s development and in helping it keep up with new technologies and customers'(tm) highest expectations. A large number of publications on tourism innovation reflect the interest of many authors in this topic. In the past few years several authors have approached tourism innovation, developed models of innovation in tourism, analyzed innovation types or the factors that influence innovation in this field. The purpose of this paper is to review the existing literature on tourism innovation and to identify the main research tendencies in this area of interest. Therefore, we searched for keywords like 'tourism innovation' , 'hospitality innovation' or 'service innovation' in several databases such as Science Direct, Emerald, Sage Publications and The Center for Hospitality Research of Cornell University. Because this study focuses on tourism and hospitality innovation, there were analyzed 17 research papers regarding these aspects. Relevant findings such as factors that influence innovation in tourism and hospitality (hotels'(tm) size, category and chain structure, introduction of ICTs, employee involvement and commitment, customer or guest requests etc.), types of innovation implemented in this area and correlations between innovations'(tm) success and hotel performance were highlighted.
Volume (Year): 1 (2012)
Issue (Month): 2 (December)
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Universitatii str. 1, Office F209, 410087 Oradea, Bihor|
Fax: 004 0259 408409
Web page: http://anale.steconomiceuoradea.ro/
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Gallouj, Faiz & Weinstein, Olivier, 1997.
"Innovation in services,"
Elsevier, vol. 26(4-5), pages 537-556, December.
- Evangelista, Rinaldo & Savona, Maria, 2003. "Innovation, employment and skills in services. Firm and sectoral evidence," Structural Change and Economic Dynamics, Elsevier, vol. 14(4), pages 449-474, December.
- Faïz Gallouj & Maria Savona, 2009.
"Innovation in services: a review of the debate and a research agenda,"
Journal of Evolutionary Economics,
Springer, vol. 19(2), pages 149-172, April.
- Faïz Gallouj & Maria Savona, 2009. "Innovation in services: a review of the debate and a research agenda," Post-Print halshs-01133781, HAL.
- Faïz Gallouj, 2009. "Innovation in services: a review of the debate and a research agenda," Post-Print halshs-01113912, HAL.
- Faïz Gallouj & Maria Savona, 2009. "Innovation in services: A review of the debate and a research agenda," Working Papers hal-01111796, HAL.
- Odília A. M. Meneses & Aurora A C Teixeira, 2011. "The innovative behaviour of tourism firms," Economics and Management Research Projects: An International Journal, Open Access International Journals, vol. 1(1), pages 25-35, February.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ora:journl:v:1:y:2012:i:2:p:364-370. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Catalin ZMOLE)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.