Submission to the Productivity Commission inquiry on housing affordability
Changes in house prices matter for the Reserve Bank of New Zealand (the Bank), both through their cyclical implications for monetary policy and the longer-term implications of the level of house prices for macroeconomic and financial stability.
Volume (Year): 74 (2011)
Issue (Month): (September)
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Phone: 64 4 471-3767
Fax: 64 4 471-2270
Web page: http://www.rbnz.govt.nz
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Edward L. Glaeser & Joseph Gyourko & Albert Saiz, 2008.
"Housing Supply and Housing Bubbles,"
NBER Working Papers
14193, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Leslie Hull, 2003. "Financial deregulation and household indebtedness," Reserve Bank of New Zealand Discussion Paper Series DP2003/01, Reserve Bank of New Zealand.
- Aida Caldera Sánchez & Åsa Johansson, 2011.
"The Price Responsiveness of Housing Supply in OECD Countries,"
OECD Economics Department Working Papers
837, OECD Publishing.
- Caldera, Aida & Johansson, Åsa, 2013. "The price responsiveness of housing supply in OECD countries," Journal of Housing Economics, Elsevier, vol. 22(3), pages 231-249.
- De Veirman Emmanuel & Dunstan Ashley, 2011.
"Time-Varying Returns, Intertemporal Substitution and Cyclical Variation in Consumption,"
The B.E. Journal of Macroeconomics,
De Gruyter, vol. 11(1), pages 1-41, July.
- Emmanuel De Veirman & Ashley Dunstan, 2011. "Time-Varying Returns, Intertemporal Substitution and Cyclical Variation in Consumption," CAMA Working Papers 2011-14, Centre for Applied Macroeconomic Analysis, Crawford School of Public Policy, The Australian National University.
- Emmanuel De Veirman & Ashley Dunstan, 2011. "Time-varying returns, intertemporal substitution and cyclical variation in consumption," Reserve Bank of New Zealand Discussion Paper Series DP2011/05, Reserve Bank of New Zealand.
- Calista Cheung, 2011. "Policies to Rebalance Housing Markets in New Zealand," OECD Economics Department Working Papers 878, OECD Publishing.
- Emmanuel De Veirman & Ashley Dunstan, 2008. "How do Housing Wealth, Financial Wealth and Consumption Interact? Evidence from New Zealand," Reserve Bank of New Zealand Discussion Paper Series DP2008/05, Reserve Bank of New Zealand.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:nzb:nzbbul:sept2011:5. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Reserve Bank of New Zealand Knowledge Centre)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.