Modelling loans and deposits during electoral years in Romania
This paper analyzes the effect of electoral years on loans and deposits for population in Romania. Using monthly data regarding the total loans and deposits, we identify the significance of the electoral timing on population ́s behavior regarding financial decisions. We estimate that there are small changes in population ́s affinity for increase in the indebtedness or for savings. We use dummy variables for electoral periods, and when these are econometrically significant there is an evidence of the influence of the electoral timings in population ́s financial decisions.
Volume (Year): 3 (2015)
Issue (Month): 1 (June)
|Contact details of provider:|| Phone: +040.21.330.90.32|
Web page: http://www.univnt.ro/
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Mayumi, Kozo & Giampietro, Mario, 2010. "Dimensions and logarithmic function in economics: A short critical analysis," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 69(8), pages 1604-1609, June.
- Sapienza, Paola, 2004. "The effects of government ownership on bank lending," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 72(2), pages 357-384, May.
- Fidrmuc, Jan, 2000.
"Political support for reforms: Economics of voting in transition countries,"
European Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 44(8), pages 1491-1513, August.
- Fidrmuc, J., 1998. "Political Support for Reforms : Economics of Voting in Transition Countries," Discussion Paper 1998-98, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Gartner, Manfred, 1994. "Democracy, elections, and macroeconomic policy: Two decades of progress," European Journal of Political Economy, Elsevier, vol. 10(1), pages 85-109, May.
- Franses, Ph.H.B.F. & van Oest, R.D., 2004. "On the econometrics of the Koyck model," Econometric Institute Research Papers EI 2004-07, Erasmus University Rotterdam, Erasmus School of Economics (ESE), Econometric Institute.
- Berger, Allen N. & Hasan, Iftekhar & Zhou, Mingming, 2009. "Bank ownership and efficiency in China: What will happen in the world's largest nation?," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 33(1), pages 113-130, January.
- Lin, Xiaochi & Zhang, Yi, 2009. "Bank ownership reform and bank performance in China," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 33(1), pages 20-29, January.
- Asim Ijaz Khwaja & Atif Mian, 2005. "Do Lenders Favor Politically Connected Firms? Rent Provision in an Emerging Financial Market," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 120(4), pages 1371-1411. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ntu:ntcmss:vol3-iss1-15-043. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Stefan Ciucu)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.