Research and Development Activity Matrix
In the first part of the paper, we examine the different measurement methods of research and development activity within a corporation with particular attention to the composite indicators widespread in practice and to the multivariate statistical methods applied to create complex indices. In the second part, the research and development activity matrix is introduced in detail. The newly developed analysing method is a portfolio technique that describes the input and output activity of the research and development units in respect of quantity (performance) and quality (efficiency) and enables the categorisation of the observation units into four groups: stars, those lagging behind, quantity-oriented units and quality-oriented units.
Volume (Year): 7 (2011)
Issue (Month): 02 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.gtk.uni-miskolc.hu/|
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Michela Nardo & Michaela Saisana & Andrea Saltelli & Stefano Tarantola & Anders Hoffman & Enrico Giovannini, 2005. "Handbook on Constructing Composite Indicators: Methodology and User Guide," OECD Statistics Working Papers 2005/3, OECD Publishing.
- Archibugi, Daniele & Coco, Alberto, 2004.
"A New Indicator of Technological Capabilities for Developed and Developing Countries (ArCo),"
Elsevier, vol. 32(4), pages 629-654, April.
- Daniele Archibugi & Alberto Coco, 2004. "A New Indicator of Technological Capabilities for Developed and Developing Countries (ArCo)," SPRU Working Paper Series 111, SPRU - Science and Technology Policy Research, University of Sussex.
- Daniele Archibugi & Alberto Coco, 2004. "A New Indicator of Technological Capabilities for Developed and Developing Countries (ArCo)," CEIS Research Paper 44, Tor Vergata University, CEIS.
- Borsi, Balázs & Telcs, András, 2004. "A K+F-tevékenység nemzetközi összehasonlítása országstatisztikák alapján
[An international comparison of R and D activity, based on national statistics]," Közgazdasági Szemle (Economic Review - monthly of the Hungarian Academy of Sciences), Közgazdasági Szemle Alapítvány (Economic Review Foundation), vol. 0(2), pages 153-172. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:mic:tmpjrn:v:7:y:2011:i:02:p:29-37. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: ()
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.