Valuation of Slovene Publicly Traded Companies with a Valuation Model Based on Expected Earnings and Growth Opportunities
The article sheds light on valuating Slovene publicly traded companies. The research aim is to solve the problems about company valuation in an emerging market, such as the Slovene market certainly is. The critical point is how to evaluate the variables to put in the valuation model. The chosen methodology deals with these problems, and minimizes the analyst’s subjective judgment and the bias the analyst puts into the valuation. Twenty Slovene publicly traded companies are valuated with a valuation model based on expected earnings and growth opportunities. The research provides the assessment and the usefulness of valuation with the model and the conclusions from the valuation results.
Volume (Year): 8 (2010)
Issue (Month): 1 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Cankarjeva 5, SI-6104 Koper, PO BOX 345|
Phone: 05 610 20 00
Fax: 05 610 20 15
Web page: http://www.mgt.fm-kp.si
More information through EDIRC
|Order Information:|| Web: http://www.mgt.fm-kp.si Email: |
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Eugene F. Fama & Kenneth R. French, .
"Forecasting Profitability and Earnings,"
CRSP working papers
456, Center for Research in Security Prices, Graduate School of Business, University of Chicago.
- Merton H. Miller & Franco Modigliani, 1961. "Dividend Policy, Growth, and the Valuation of Shares," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 34, pages 411.
- Mishra, Dev R. & O'Brien, Thomas J., 2005. "Risk and ex ante cost of equity estimates of emerging market firms," Emerging Markets Review, Elsevier, vol. 6(2), pages 107-120, June.
- James A. Ohlson, 2003. "Positive (Zero) NPV Projects and the Behavior of Residual Earnings," Journal of Business Finance & Accounting, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 30(1-2), pages 7-16.
- Jerman Mateja & Manzin Massimo, 2008. "Accounting Treatment of Goodwill in IFRS and US GAAP," Organizacija, De Gruyter Open, vol. 41(6), pages 218-225, November.
- Matjaz Novak, 2003. "Analysis of the Nature of Economic Growth of Slovenian Economy," Managing Global Transitions, University of Primorska, Faculty of Management Koper, vol. 1(2), pages 153-167.
- Black, Fischer, 1972. "Capital Market Equilibrium with Restricted Borrowing," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 45(3), pages 444-55, July.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:mgt:youmgt:v:8:y:2010:i:1:p:023-047. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Alen Jezovnik)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.