The rise of emerging economies in the EU15 trade
The EU15 manufacturing trade with developing and emerging economies has now overtaken its trade with high-income countries. This trade has strengthened the European specialization in high-end products and medium-high technological sectors. The EU15 exports have been increasingly concentrated on its neighbours, while its imports from Asia were the most dynamic. The regional integration has favoured the technological and quality upgrading of the EU15 imports from its neighbours, while its imports from Asia were characterised by the surge of high-technology goods at low prices. The EU has increasingly concentrated its trade on the large emerging economies and especially on Russia and China
Volume (Year): 9 (2012)
Issue (Month): 1 (April)
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Phone: +39 (0)331-572 1
Fax: +39 (0)331-572 320
Web page: http://eaces.liuc.it/default.asp
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Lionel Fontagné & Guillaume Gaulier & Soledad Zignago, 2007.
"Specialisation across Varieties within Products and North-South Competition,"
2007-06, CEPII research center.
- Lionel Fontagné & Guillaume Gaulier & Soledad Zignago, 2008. "Specialization across varieties and North-South competition," Economic Policy, CEPR;CES;MSH, vol. 23, pages 51-91, 01.
- Cheptea, Angela & Gaulier, Guillaume & Sondjo, Dieudonné & Zignago, Soledad, 2008. "Sectoral and geographical positioning of the EU in the international division of labour," MPRA Paper 42660, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Françoise Lemoine & Deniz Ünal-Kesenci, 2008. "Rise of China and India in International Trade: From Textiles to New Technology," China & World Economy, Institute of World Economics and Politics, Chinese Academy of Social Sciences, vol. 16(5), pages 16-34.
- Lionel Fontagné & Michaël Freudenberg, 1997. "Intra-Industry Trade: Methodological Issues Reconsidered," Working Papers 1997-01, CEPII research center.
- GAULIER, Guillaume & LEMOINE, Francoise & UNAL-KESENCI, Deniz, 2007.
"China's emergence and the reorganisation of trade flows in Asia,"
China Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 18(3), pages 209-243.
- Guillaume Gaulier & Françoise Lemoine & Deniz Ünal, 2006. "China’s Emergence and the Reorganisation of Trade Flows in Asia," Working Papers 2006-05, CEPII research center.
- Guillaume Gaulier & Françoise Lemoine & Deniz Ünal, 2011. "China's Foreign Trade in the Perspective of a More Balanced Economic Growth," Working Papers 2011-03, CEPII research center.
- Guillaume Gaulier & Françoise Lemoine & Deniz Ünal, 2009. "EU15 Trade with Emerging Economies and Rentier States: Leveraging Geography," Working Papers 2009-25, CEPII research center.
- Crozet, M. & Méjean, I. & Zignago, S., 2010.
"Plus grandes, plus fortes, plus loin… Les performances des firmes exportatrices françaises,"
310, Banque de France.
- Matthieu Crozet & Isabelle Méjean & Soledad Zignago, 2011. "Plus grandes, plus fortes, plus loin.... Les performances des firmes exportatrices françaises," Revue économique, Presses de Sciences-Po, vol. 62(4), pages 717-736.
- Matthieu Crozet & Isabelle Méjean & Soledad Zignago, 2008. "Plus grandes, plus fortes, plus loin... Performances relatives des firmes exportatrices françaises," Working Papers 2008-26, CEPII research center.
- Louise Curran & Soledad Zignago, 2009. "Evolution of EU and its Member States' Competitiveness in International Trade," Working Papers 2009-11, CEPII research center.
- Lionel Fontagné & Michael Freudenberg & Guillaume Gaulier, 2006. "A Systematic Decomposition of World Trade into Horizontal and Vertical IIT," Review of World Economics (Weltwirtschaftliches Archiv), Springer, vol. 142(3), pages 459-475, October.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:liu:liucej:v:9:y:2012:i:1:p:133-175. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Piero Cavaleri)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.