Top management teams and the performance of entrepreneurial firms
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Christopher B. Bingham & Kathleen M. Eisenhardt, 2008. "Position, leverage and opportunity: a typology of strategic logics linking resources with competitive advantage," Managerial and Decision Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 29(2-3), pages 241-256.
- L. J. Bourgeois, III & Kathleen M. Eisenhardt, 1988. "Strategic Decision Processes in High Velocity Environments: Four Cases in the Microcomputer Industry," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 34(7), pages 816-835, July.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Marijana Srećković, 2018. "The performance effect of network and managerial capabilities of entrepreneurial firms," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 50(4), pages 807-824, April.
- Hadjielias, Elias & (Lola) Dada, Olufunmilola & Discua Cruz, Allan & Zekas, Stavros & Christofi, Michael & Sakka, Georgia, 2021. "How do digital innovation teams function? Understanding the team cognition-process nexus within the context of digital transformation," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 122(C), pages 373-386.
- Mahamadou Biga-Diambeidou & Maria Giuseppina Bruna & Rey Dang & L’Hocine Houanti, 2021. "Does gender diversity among new venture team matter for R&D intensity in technology-based new ventures? Evidence from a field experiment," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 56(3), pages 1205-1220, February.
- Bo Carlsson & Pontus Braunerhjelm & Maureen McKelvey & Christer Olofsson & Lars Persson & Håkan Ylinenpää, 2013.
"The evolving domain of entrepreneurship research,"
Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 41(4), pages 913-930, December.
- Carlsson, Bo & Braunerhjelm, Pontus & McKelvey, Maureen & Olofsson, Christer & Persson, Lars & Ylinenpää, Håkan, 2012. "The Evolving Domain of Entrepreneurship Research," Working Papers 2012:11, Swedish Entrepreneurship Forum.
- Carlsson, Bo & Braunerhjelm, Pontus & McKelvey, Maureen & Olofsson , Christer & Persson , Lars & Ylinenpää, Håkan, 2012. "The Evolving Domain of Entrepreneurship Research," Working Paper Series in Economics and Institutions of Innovation 284, Royal Institute of Technology, CESIS - Centre of Excellence for Science and Innovation Studies.
- Carlsson, Bo & Braunerhjelm, Pontus & McKelvey, Maureen & Olofsson, Christer & Persson, Lars & Ylinenpää, Håkan, 2013. "The Evolving Domain of Entrepreneurship Research," Working Paper Series 948, Research Institute of Industrial Economics.
- Daniel A. Lerner & Richard A. Hunt & Ingrid Verheul, 2017. "Dueling Banjos: Harmony and Discord between ADHD and Entrepreneurship," Working Papers 2017-07, Colorado School of Mines, Division of Economics and Business.
- Patrick Gregori & Zulaicha Parastuty, 2021. "Investigating the process of entrepreneurial team member exits: a systematic review and future research directions," Review of Managerial Science, Springer, vol. 15(4), pages 847-878, May.
- Matthew L. Cole & John D. Cox & Jacqueline M. Stavros, 2018. "SOAR as a Mediator of the Relationship Between Emotional Intelligence and Collaboration Among Professionals Working in Teams: Implications for Entrepreneurial Teams," SAGE Open, , vol. 8(2), pages 21582440187, May.
- Davide Sala & Erdal Yalcin, 2015.
"Export Experience of Managers and the Internationalisation of Firms,"
The World Economy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 38(7), pages 1064-1089, July.
- Sala, Davide & Yalcin, Erdal, 2012. "Export experience of managers and the internationalization of firms," Discussion Papers of Business and Economics 18/2012, University of Southern Denmark, Department of Business and Economics.
- Davide Sala & Erdal Yalcin, 2012. "Export Experience of Managers and the Internationalization of Firms," ifo Working Paper Series 139, ifo Institute - Leibniz Institute for Economic Research at the University of Munich.
- Anne Tryba & Denise Fletcher, 2020. "How shared pre-start-up moments of transition and cognitions contextualize effectual and causal decisions in entrepreneurial teams," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 54(3), pages 665-688, March.
- Protogerou, Aimilia & Caloghirou, Yannis & Vonortas, Nicholas S., 2017. "Determinants of young firms’ innovative performance: Empirical evidence from Europe," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 46(7), pages 1312-1326.
- Elisa Ughetto, 2016. "Growth of born globals: the role of the entrepreneur’s personal factors and venture capital," International Entrepreneurship and Management Journal, Springer, vol. 12(3), pages 839-857, September.
- Cristina Quintana-García & Carlos A. Benavides-Velasco & Vanesa F. Guzmán-Parra, 2016. "Science-based Firms Going Public: The Role of Patent Indicators and Top Management Teams," Industry and Innovation, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 23(3), pages 243-259, April.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Evila Piva & Cristina Rossi-Lamastra & Alfredo De Massis, 2013. "Family firms and internationalization: An exploratory study on high-tech entrepreneurial ventures," Journal of International Entrepreneurship, Springer, vol. 11(2), pages 108-129, June.
- van Riel, A.C.R. & Lievens, A., 2003. "New service development in high tech sectors: a decision making perspective," Research Memorandum 013, Maastricht University, Maastricht Research School of Economics of Technology and Organization (METEOR).
- Jeroen Struben & Brandon H. Lee & Christopher B. Bingham, 2020. "Collective Action Problems and Resource Allocation During Market Formation," Post-Print hal-02927584, HAL.
- Szabó, Katalin & Kocsis, Éva, 2001. "Modularitás és változatossági hozadék [Modularity and the benefits of diversity]," Közgazdasági Szemle (Economic Review - monthly of the Hungarian Academy of Sciences), Közgazdasági Szemle Alapítvány (Economic Review Foundation), vol. 0(9), pages 745-765.
- Tzeng, Cheng-Hua, 2018. "How foreign knowledge spillovers by returnee managers occur at domestic firms: An institutional theory perspective," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 27(3), pages 625-641.
- Gastaldi, Luca & Pietrosi, Astrid & Lessanibahri, Sina & Paparella, Marco & Scaccianoce, Antonio & Provenzale, Giuseppe & Corso, Mariano & Gridelli, Bruno, 2018. "Measuring the maturity of business intelligence in healthcare: Supporting the development of a roadmap toward precision medicine within ISMETT hospital," Technological Forecasting and Social Change, Elsevier, vol. 128(C), pages 84-103.
- Krohmer, Harley & Homburg, Christian & Workman, John P., 2002. "Should marketing be cross-functional? Conceptual development and international empirical evidence," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 55(6), pages 451-465, June.
- D’Angelo, Alfredo & Presutti, Manuela, 2019. "SMEs international growth: The moderating role of experience on entrepreneurial and learning orientations," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 28(3), pages 613-624.
- Meissner, Philip & Wulf, Torsten, 2014. "Antecendents and effects of decision comprehensiveness: The role of decision quality and perceived uncertainty," European Management Journal, Elsevier, vol. 32(4), pages 625-635.
- Yasemin Kor & Joseph Mahoney & Sharon Watson, 2008. "The effects of demand, competitive, and technological uncertainty on board monitoring and institutional ownership of IPO firms," Journal of Management & Governance, Springer;Accademia Italiana di Economia Aziendale (AIDEA), vol. 12(3), pages 239-259, August.
- Paola Rovelli & Vincenzo Butticè, 2020. "On the organizational design of entrepreneurial ventures: the configurations of the entrepreneurial team," Economia e Politica Industriale: Journal of Industrial and Business Economics, Springer;Associazione Amici di Economia e Politica Industriale, vol. 47(2), pages 243-269, June.
- Ralf Meinhardt & Sebastian Junge & Martin Weiss, 2018. "The organizational environment with its measures, antecedents, and consequences: a review and research agenda," Management Review Quarterly, Springer, vol. 68(2), pages 195-235, April.
- Elitsa R. Banalieva & Ravi Sarathy, 2011. "A Contingency Theory of Internationalization," Management International Review, Springer, vol. 51(5), pages 593-634, October.
- Haarhaus, Tim & Liening, Andreas, 2020. "Building dynamic capabilities to cope with environmental uncertainty: The role of strategic foresight," Technological Forecasting and Social Change, Elsevier, vol. 155(C).
- Slater, Stanley F., 1995. "Learning to change," Business Horizons, Elsevier, vol. 38(6), pages 13-20.
- Samuel Adomako & Kwabena Frimpong & Joseph Amankwah-Amoah & Francis Donbesuur & Robert A. Opoku, 2021. "Strategic Decision Speed and International Performance: The Roles of Competitive Intensity, Resource Flexibility, and Structural Organicity," Management International Review, Springer, vol. 61(1), pages 27-55, March.
- Christopher B. Bingham & Kathleen M. Eisenhardt, 2014. "Response to Vuori and Vuori's commentary on “Heuristics in the strategy context”," Strategic Management Journal, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 35(11), pages 1698-1702, November.
- Szabó, Katalin & Négyesi, Áron, 2004. "Az atipikus munka térnyerésének okai a tudásgazdaságban [Reasons for the spread of atypical work in the knowledge economy]," Közgazdasági Szemle (Economic Review - monthly of the Hungarian Academy of Sciences), Közgazdasági Szemle Alapítvány (Economic Review Foundation), vol. 0(1), pages 46-65.
- Elbanna, Said, 2016. "Managers' autonomy, strategic control, organizational politics and strategic planning effectiveness: An empirical investigation into missing links in the hotel sector," Tourism Management, Elsevier, vol. 52(C), pages 210-220.
- João José M. Ferreira & Cristina I. Fernandes & Vanessa Ratten, 2016. "A co-citation bibliometric analysis of strategic management research," Scientometrics, Springer;Akadémiai Kiadó, vol. 109(1), pages 1-32, October.
More about this item
KeywordsEntrepreneurship; Top management teams; Firm performance; Strategic decision making; Heuristics; Organizational structure; Organizational processes; Edge of chaos; Strategy as simple rules; D22; L10; L25; L26;
All these keywords.
- D22 - Microeconomics - - Production and Organizations - - - Firm Behavior: Empirical Analysis
- L10 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance - - - General
- L25 - Industrial Organization - - Firm Objectives, Organization, and Behavior - - - Firm Performance
- L26 - Industrial Organization - - Firm Objectives, Organization, and Behavior - - - Entrepreneurship
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:sbusec:v:40:y:2013:i:4:p:805-816. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Sonal Shukla or Springer Nature Abstracting and Indexing (email available below). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.