The impact of education, experience and inner circle advisors on SME performance: insights from a study of public development centers
No abstract is available for this item.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Volume (Year): 38 (2012)
Issue (Month): 3 (April)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.springer.com|
|Order Information:||Web: http://www.springer.com/new+%26+forthcoming+titles+%28default%29/journal/11187/PS2|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Van De Ven, H., 1993. "The development of an infrastructure for entrepreneurship," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 8(3), pages 211-230, May.
- Aki Kangasharju, 2000. "Regional variations in firm formation: Panel and cross-section data evidence from Finland," Papers in Regional Science, Springer;Regional Science Association International, vol. 79(4), pages 355-373.
- Roure, Juan B. & Keeley, Robert H., 1990. "Predictors of success in new technology based ventures," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 5(4), pages 201-220, July.
- Vijaya Ramachandran & Manju Kedia Shah, 1999. "Minority entrepreneurs and firm performance in sub-Saharan Africa," Journal of Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 36(2), pages 71-87.
- Duchesneau, Donald A. & Gartner, William B., 1990. "A profile of new venture success and failure in an emerging industry," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 5(5), pages 297-312, September.
- Stuart, Robert W. & Abetti, Pier A., 1990. "Impact of entrepreneurial and management experience on early performance," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 5(3), pages 151-162, May.
- Robinson, Peter B. & Sexton, Edwin A., 1994. "The effect of education and experience on self-employment success," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 9(2), pages 141-156, March.
- Murphy, Gregory B. & Trailer, Jeff W. & Hill, Robert C., 1996. "Measuring performance in entrepreneurship research," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 36(1), pages 15-23, May.
- Reid, Gavin C & Smith, Julia A, 2000.
"What Makes a New Business Start-Up Successful?,"
Small Business Economics,
Springer, vol. 14(3), pages 165-182, May.
- Gavin C Reid & Julia A Smith, 1996. "What Makes a New Business Start-Up Successful?," CRIEFF Discussion Papers 9618, Centre for Research into Industry, Enterprise, Finance and the Firm.
- Heckman, James J & Borjas, George J, 1980. "Does Unemployment Cause Future Unemployment? Definitions, Questions and Answers from a Continuous Time Model of Heterogeneity and State Dependence," Economica, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 47(187), pages 247-283, August.
- Julio Pindado & Luis F. Rodrigues, 2004. "Parsimonious Models of Financial Insolvency in Small Companies," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 22(1), pages 51-66, 02.
- Stearns, Timothy M. & Carter, Nancy M. & Reynolds, Paul D. & Williams, Mary L., 1995. "New firm survival: Industry, strategy, and location," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 10(1), pages 23-42, January.
- Don Y. Lee, 2001. "The effects of entrepreneurial personality, background and network activities on venture growth," Journal of Management Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 38(4), pages 583-602, 06.
- Stuart, Robert & Abetti, Pier A., 1987. "Start-up ventures: Towards the prediction of initial success," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 2(3), pages 215-230.
- Andrés Maroto & Luis Rubalcaba, 2008. "Services productivity revisited," The Service Industries Journal, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 28(3), pages 337-353, April.
- Phillip Kim & Howard Aldrich & Lisa Keister, 2006. "Access (Not) Denied: The Impact of Financial, Human, and Cultural Capital on Entrepreneurial Entryin the United States," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 27(1), pages 5-22, August.
- Micheline Goedhuys & Leo Sleuwaegen, 2000. "Entrepreneurship and growth of entrepreneurial firms in cote d'Ivoire," Journal of Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 36(3), pages 123-145.
- Honig, Benson, 1998. "What determines success? examining the human, financial, and social capital of jamaican microentrepreneurs," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 13(5), pages 371-394, September.
- Kim S. Cameron, 1986. "Effectiveness as Paradox: Consensus and Conflict in Conceptions of Organizational Effectiveness," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 32(5), pages 539-553, May.
- Tsai, William Ming-Hone & MacMillan, Ian C. & Low, Murray B., 1991. "Effects of strategy and environment on corporate venture success in industrial markets," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 6(1), pages 9-28, January.
- Cooper, Arnold C. & Gimeno-Gascon, F. Javier & Woo, Carolyn Y., 1994. "Initial human and financial capital as predictors of new venture performance," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 9(5), pages 371-395, September.
- McDougall, Patricia P. & Robinson, Richard Jr. & DeNisi, Angelo S., 1992. "Modeling new venture performance: An analysis of new venture strategy, industry structure, and venture origin," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 7(4), pages 267-289, July. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:sbusec:v:38:y:2012:i:3:p:333-349. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla)or (Rebekah McClure)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.