Career motives and entrepreneurial decision-making: examining preferences for causal and effectual logics in the early stage of new ventures
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Dew, Nicholas & Read, Stuart & Sarasvathy, Saras D. & Wiltbank, Robert, 2009. "Effectual versus predictive logics in entrepreneurial decision-making: Differences between experts and novices," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 24(4), pages 287-309, July.
- Saras Sarasvathy & Nicholas Dew, 2005. "New market creation through transformation," Journal of Evolutionary Economics, Springer, vol. 15(5), pages 533-565, November.
- Andrew Burke & Felix FitzRoy & Michael Nolan, 2008.
"What makes a die-hard entrepreneur? Beyond the ‘employee or entrepreneur’ dichotomy,"
Small Business Economics,
Springer, vol. 31(2), pages 93-115, August.
- Burke, Andrew & FitzRoy, Felix & Nolan, Michael A., 2006. "What Makes a Die-Hard Entrepreneur? Beyond the ‘Employee or Entrepreneur’ Dichotomy," IZA Discussion Papers 2307, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Larsson, Rikard & Driver, Michael & Holmqvist, Mikael & Sweet, Patrick, 2001. "Career Dis-integration and Re-integration in Mergers and Acquisitions:: Managing Competence and Motivational Intangibles," European Management Journal, Elsevier, vol. 19(6), pages 609-618, December.
- Lee, Soo Hoon & Wong, Poh Kam, 2004. "An exploratory study of technopreneurial intentions: a career anchor perspective," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 19(1), pages 7-28, January.
- Gaglio, Connie Marie & Katz, Jerome A, 2001. "The Psychological Basis of Opportunity Identification: Entrepreneurial Alertness," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 16(2), pages 95-111, March.
- Mullins, John W. & Forlani, David, 2005. "Missing the boat or sinking the boat: a study of new venture decision making," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 20(1), pages 47-69, January.
- Wiltbank, Robert & Read, Stuart & Dew, Nicholas & Sarasvathy, Saras D., 2009. "Prediction and control under uncertainty: Outcomes in angel investing," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 24(2), pages 116-133, March.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Giacomin, Olivier & Janssen, Frank & Guyot, Jean-luc & Lohest, Olivier, 2011. "Opportunity and/or necessity entrepreneurship? The impact of the socio-economic characteristics of entrepreneurs," MPRA Paper 29506, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Shirokova, G. V. & Bogatyreva, K. A. & Morris, M. H., 2014. "Expertise, university Infrastructure and cognitive logic: Assessing students who start ventures," Working Papers 6253, Graduate School of Management, St. Petersburg State University.
- Piotr Tomski, 2014. "Entrepreneurship As A Career Choice. The Empirical Perspective," Polish Journal of Management Studies, Czestochowa Technical University, Department of Management, vol. 9(1), pages 244-253, June.
- repec:kap:sbusec:v:49:y:2017:i:3:d:10.1007_s11187-017-9852-z is not listed on IDEAS
- Ewa £adyga, 2015. "Entrepreneurship As A Basis Of Self-Management On The Way To Career," Polish Journal of Management Studies, Czestochowa Technical University, Department of Management, vol. 12(1), pages 87-95, DEcember.
- Barba-Sánchez, Virginia & Atienza-Sahuquillo, Carlos, 2012. "Entrepreneurial Behavior: Impact Of Motivation Factors On Decision To Create A New Venture / Comportamiento Emprendedor: Impacto De Los Factores Motivacionales En La Decisión De Crear Una Nueva Empres," Investigaciones Europeas de Dirección y Economía de la Empresa (IEDEE), Academia Europea de Dirección y Economía de la Empresa (AEDEM), vol. 18(2), pages 132-138.
More about this item
KeywordsCareer motives; Career experience; Entrepreneurial decision-making; Effectuation; M13; L26;
- M13 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting; Personnel Economics - - Business Administration - - - New Firms; Startups
- L26 - Industrial Organization - - Firm Objectives, Organization, and Behavior - - - Entrepreneurship
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:sbusec:v:36:y:2011:i:3:p:281-298. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.